Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Gerard wrote: »
    One link to Bond here : Kevin Feige will receive the Albert R. Broccoli Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Entertainment on October 26th during the Britanni Awards ceremony in Beverley Hills :

https://newsarama.com/41895-marvel-s-kevin-feige-to-receive-albert-r-broccoli-britannia-award.html

Deserved, methinks.

Yep also reminds me that Ryan Coogler when he was at USC Film School, directed four short films, three of which won or were nominated for various awards: Locks (2009), which screened at the Tribeca Film Festival and he won the Dana and Albert Broccoli Award for Filmmaking Excellence.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,105
    bondjames wrote: »
    One link to Bond here : Kevin Feige will receive the Albert R. Broccoli Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Entertainment on October 26th during the Britanni Awards ceremony in Beverley Hills :

https://newsarama.com/41895-marvel-s-kevin-feige-to-receive-albert-r-broccoli-britannia-award.html

Deserved, methinks.

How many others have created ultra successful 20+ film franchises?
    Very fitting and well deserved in my view. What he has been able to achieve in the last decade is nothing short of extraordinary, and in many ways mirrors the rapid growth of the Bond franchise into a global phenomenon in the 60s.
    This really doesn't surprise me. They've announced that they will be pulling their film content from Netflix and so it was inevitable that they would ramp up production activity for their own streaming service. Good quality content will be essential to drive traffic to the channel.

I think the Marvel TV spinoffs could have better writing than the main movies this I a good move by Disney and I expect good money thrown at it.

I have already started rotating streaming services I already subscribe to to cut costs, for example I'll watch Amazon for a few months unsub then reactivate Netflix for a few months, with Disney and DC now starting services and no oubt many other services in the pipeline, it's too much to pay for all of it simultaneously.
    That's a good idea. I've resisted this streaming thing frankly, because I looked ahead and realized that these services would have us by the b@!!$ soon enough. Shame that we can't have one repository for all of the material, but that's the way it goes. The same thing is happening at a large corporate level with 'cloud services', with Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Alibaba, IBM and the like all fighting for corporate $$. It's a form of modern glorified rentseeking in a way, which plays into the worst impulses of capitalism.

I like my sports mainly football and now games are shared out across different paid platforms, not so long ago a licence fee would allow you to watch all the matches, it's daylight robbery now.

I binge watch shows I like on one service then unsub until shows I like accumulate again, Netflix have let me rejoin after being unsubed for a short period for a free month on three occasions now which is good. Its worthwhile checking Netflix for a free month and just cancel before the month is up.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Deserved, methinks.

How many others have created ultra successful 20+ film franchises?
    Very fitting and well deserved in my view. What he has been able to achieve in the last decade is nothing short of extraordinary, and in many ways mirrors the rapid growth of the Bond franchise into a global phenomenon in the 60s.
    This really doesn't surprise me. They've announced that they will be pulling their film content from Netflix and so it was inevitable that they would ramp up production activity for their own streaming service. Good quality content will be essential to drive traffic to the channel.

I think the Marvel TV spinoffs could have better writing than the main movies this I a good move by Disney and I expect good money thrown at it.

I have already started rotating streaming services I already subscribe to to cut costs, for example I'll watch Amazon for a few months unsub then reactivate Netflix for a few months, with Disney and DC now starting services and no oubt many other services in the pipeline, it's too much to pay for all of it simultaneously.
    That's a good idea. I've resisted this streaming thing frankly, because I looked ahead and realized that these services would have us by the b@!!$ soon enough. Shame that we can't have one repository for all of the material, but that's the way it goes. The same thing is happening at a large corporate level with 'cloud services', with Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Alibaba, IBM and the like all fighting for corporate $$. It's a form of modern glorified rentseeking in a way, which plays into the worst impulses of capitalism.

I like my sports mainly football and now games are shared out across different paid platforms, not so long ago a licence fee would allow you to watch all the matches, it's daylight robbery now.

I binge watch shows I like on one service then unsub until shows I like accumulate again, Netflix have let me rejoin after being unsubed for a short period for a free month on three occasions now which is good. Its worthwhile checking Netflix for a free month and just cancel before the month is up.
    I've been meaning to do so for some time, and probably will sign up shortly, particularly for the 4K content. I'll likely wait until the final season of House of Cards debuts to make it worthwhile.

Hmmmmm? Certainly looks interesting!!!
  • I wonder if they’ll explain why Nick never called her during the first and second Avengers movies. They had high stakes too
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I would not be surprised if Carol Danvers gets trapped somewhere at the end of her movie. I am expecting Thanos to appear in Captain Marvel as in storyline he will no doubt be aware of her threat even back in the 90's.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    It makes sense for Feige, he is the Albert Broccoli of our (my) time
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,105
    The Twitter speculation is amusing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/russo_brothers/status/1042411495072645120

The Russo Brothers are teasing something...
    Look hard...
    Dndjs8KUYAEQczu?format=jpg

Captain Marvel... Well, it looks like every other Marvel movie. I bet it'll be fun, but from the same cookie cutter.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Who are those aliens in the trailer? Krulls?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Who are those aliens in the trailer? Krulls?

Skrulls. Only one letter off.
    Yes,of course. Thanks.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Daredevil season 3 coming October 19th, 2018.

edited September 2018 Posts: 11,139
    The Twitter speculation is amusing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/russo_brothers/status/1042411495072645120

The Russo Brothers are teasing something...
    I have no idea what that Foto is About, but the resemblance between Homer Simpson and Thanos is surprisingly striking!

Looks good to me.
    Looks good to me.

I like Jake I rate him as an actor should be good.
    Gyllenhaal has been in consideration for Superman. Him as Mysterio is even better.
    Gyllenhaal has been in consideration for Superman. Him as Mysterio is even better.

... And Batman, I recently watched a film called Okja, Jake gives a very wacky Looney Toons performance, he does crazy well. Mysterio is a character that should translate well to live action.
    Yes, I saw he was rumoured to be in consideration for that as well. Very fine actor. Could probably pull them all off, with flying colours.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2018 Posts: 15,686
    Yes, I saw he was rumoured to be in consideration for that as well. Very fine actor. Could probably pull them all off, with flying colours.

I find Gyllenhaal to be one of the most versatile actors in the business currently. I dare say that he could play both Batman and Superman in unrelated films and people would struggle to believe it is the same actor playing both roles.

I find Gyllenhaal to be one of the most versatile actors in the business currently. I dare say that he could play both Batman and Superman in unrelated films and people would struggle to believe it is the same actor playing both roles.

So if both Cavill and Affleck is out, problem solved.
    That actually looks kind of funny in a good way.
    I may be tempted to go and see it on the big screen.
    @boldfinger Nicolas Cage as black Spider-Man is surely enough to make you go see it. ;-)
    The venom movie is getting ripped to shreds...hahahaha Sony pictures you never learn.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited October 2018 Posts: 2,730
    Good, it looks terrible and if they can’t find 2 minutes of decent footage for a trailer then I could only imagine what a slog two hours would be, anything besides negotiable would be a lie
    @boldfinger Nicolas Cage as black Spider-Man is surely enough to make you go see it. ;-)
    You´ve got that Right, @DaltonCraig007. Mhm!