Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Captain Marvel trailer to drop next week!
    This has been a long time coming. Can't wait to see how it plays.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

About bloody time.
  • doubleoego wrote: »

Nice :)
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    bondjames wrote: »

See, the douchebags in the field only gone and done it!
    royale65 wrote: »

See, the douchebags in the field only gone and done it!
    Ha ha. You're right, Marvel may have just got it out there to avoid another youtube stunt from those clowns!
    Be interested to see the trailer next week!!!!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Trailer dropping today! 2pm UK time

Carol Danvers is coming

2a119f16bb48fbf167d5fd644f6f84b7.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Awesome but such a tease! I have a feeling this is going to kick some 'a'.

If we are hearing Pinar Toprak's score in that trailer then she is showing promise imho.

I miss Blockbusters btw.
    This film is going to be killer
    Who is playing Captain Marvel,i cant see on this bloody PC.
    @bondjames, I agree that dvd Rentals are direly missing.

I´m not sure I´m going to like the Alien stuff, but I´m still sure I´ll love Looking at Brie Larson for 2 Hours :-).
    Plus, Jude Law´s in it.
    @boldfinger, skimming through an online menu just isn't the same, no matter how convenient it may be. Part of the fun was making the trip to the store with my folks and getting as many films as I could, and then of course getting the inevitable message about a late charge. Lol.

I'm with you on the alien thing too - not my cup of tea and the CGI is going to grate I'm sure. However what they've filmed on terra firma looks really classy and Brie is always fun. She's a cool actor, and gives off an easy going vibe.
    @bondjames, I don´t even mind skimming through an online menu, but that no platform has every film is what really bothers me. Back in the day, you knew there´s a new film on Video or DVD, and you knew the store has it (at least if it was halfway Mainstream), even if you might have had to wait because all copies were rented at the Moment. Now you have to be a member of at least two or three Services if you want to see the Things you want to see. Meh.

So you were late with the charges :-)). I didn´t have that Problem, because my rental was Five minutes from home, and most of the time I returned the film the same night :-).
    alxHmT3.png?1

CM_Teaser_1-Sheet-1.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Welcome back to the films, Clark Gregg. It'll be nice to see a not-so-jaded Coulson after 5 years of watching repeated alien invasions whittle the man down to the bone.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Trailer looks good for Captain Marvel though I feel like I have seen it all before, most of that trailer reminded me of scenes from other films.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Who is playing Captain Marvel,i cant see on this bloody PC.

Brie Larson. And boy, is she smoking !
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Looking forward to this myself!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looks good, although Captain Marvel will always be the DC character for me. Which one is out first, by the way?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Looks good, although Captain Marvel will always be the DC character for me. Which one is out first, by the way?

Captain Marvel: March 8, 2019
    Shazam: April 5, 2019.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Thanks.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Brie Larson looked and sounded so lifeless in this trailer.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Brie is looking lean.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,376
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 5,811
    One link to Bond here : Kevin Feige will receive the Albert R. Broccoli Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Entertainment on October 26th during the Britanni Awards ceremony in Beverley Hills :

https://newsarama.com/41895-marvel-s-kevin-feige-to-receive-albert-r-broccoli-britannia-award.html

Deserved, methinks.
    Gerard wrote: »
    One link to Bond here : Kevin Feige will receive the Albert R. Broccoli Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Entertainment on October 26th during the Britanni Awards ceremony in Beverley Hills :

https://newsarama.com/41895-marvel-s-kevin-feige-to-receive-albert-r-broccoli-britannia-award.html

Deserved, methinks.

How many others have created ultra successful 20+ film franchises?
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,883

Deserved, methinks.

Very fitting and well deserved in my view. What he has been able to achieve in the last decade is nothing short of extraordinary, and in many ways mirrors the rapid growth of the Bond franchise into a global phenomenon in the 60s.
    This really doesn't surprise me. They've announced that they will be pulling their film content from Netflix and so it was inevitable that they would ramp up production activity for their own streaming service. Good quality content will be essential to drive traffic to the channel.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,376

Deserved, methinks.

Very fitting and well deserved in my view. What he has been able to achieve in the last decade is nothing short of extraordinary, and in many ways mirrors the rapid growth of the Bond franchise into a global phenomenon in the 60s.
    This really doesn't surprise me. They've announced that they will be pulling their film content from Netflix and so it was inevitable that they would ramp up production activity for their own streaming service. Good quality content will be essential to drive traffic to the channel.

I think the Marvel TV spinoffs could have better writing than the main movies this I a good move by Disney and I expect good money thrown at it.

I have already started rotating streaming services I already subscribe to to cut costs, for example I'll watch Amazon for a few months unsub then reactivate Netflix for a few months, with Disney and DC now starting services and no oubt many other services in the pipeline, it's too much to pay for all of it simultaneously.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,883

Deserved, methinks.

I think the Marvel TV spinoffs could have better writing than the main movies this I a good move by Disney and I expect good money thrown at it.

I have already started rotating streaming services I already subscribe to to cut costs, for example I'll watch Amazon for a few months unsub then reactivate Netflix for a few months, with Disney and DC now starting services and no oubt many other services in the pipeline, it's too much to pay for all of it simultaneously.
    That's a good idea. I've resisted this streaming thing frankly, because I looked ahead and realized that these services would have us by the b@!!$ soon enough. Shame that we can't have one repository for all of the material, but that's the way it goes. The same thing is happening at a large corporate level with 'cloud services', with Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Alibaba, IBM and the like all fighting for corporate $$. It's a form of modern glorified rentseeking in a way, which plays into the worst impulses of capitalism.