Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Spidey's got about 10 different costumes in this film.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Spiffy new threads.
    The Black Costume is back !
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home coming next week, in time for the North American release of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,347
    Potential Spoilers...
    CCXP Panel Highlights

This is pretty cool
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited December 2018 Posts: 1,257
    I'll be seeing Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse tomorrow afternoon at an advance showing!

I saw an advanced screening yesterday afternoon. I loved it! The animation and overall style was extremely cool and fresh. It felt like something I’ve never seen before, which is great considering how many Spider-Man films we actually have seen in the past 2 decades.

I was surprised by how funny it was. It has a very youthful feel, but it’s not necessarily a kids movie. The theater was full of young children and their parents but it seemed the adults were doing most of the laughing.

It also did a fantastic job at introducing and playing around with the Spider-Man mythos and other Spider-verse characters, while never losing sight of Miles Morales at the core of the film.

The only major complaint I have was the action was a bit disorienting at times (think The LEGO Movie action scenes).

Regardless, I will definitely see this one again in theaters. It was a rich and fun experience.
    It Looks a bit as if he´s wearing a bra...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Venom has now overtaken Thor: Ragnarok and stands at $854 million world wide. It has Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming within a $30 million gap, which would mean Venom outgrossed every solo Spider-Man movie apart from Spider-Man 3 (currently $40 million ahead of Venom).
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Imagine how much it would have made if it was actually good
    @JamesBondKenya, apparently not this much, if it now does better than SM Homecoming and Thor Ragnarök and not (yet) as good as SM 3.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Imagine how much it would have made if it was actually good

Don t you mean "how little"?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Are you guys trying to say that people went to go see it because it was supposed to be hilariously bad
    Well, in that b.o. comparison above most of the other films are being praised both by the audience and Critics. I´m not sure About what the audience thinks About Venom, because I´ve heard or read 90% bad comments, yet still an awesome lot seems to have bought tickets. And the Critics sure didn´t love Venom.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I have friends who liked it and friends who hated it, so from my personal experience (not having seen it), reception seems to have been a good 50/50 split.
    Season 2 of The Punisher coming January 18th on Netflix.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Now this is what I'm talking about!...looks sooooo good...

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    doubleoego wrote: »

Brie is much better in this snippet in comparison to trailer 2. I think this should be reasonably good. Something tells me they've been holding back in these trailers.
    doubleoego wrote: »

The more I see of this film the more I am looking forward to it. The humour is certainly right up my street for sure.
  • It seems they listened to some of the criticisms of the first couple of trailers, and made this one look so much fun! Even though I liked the other two, this one seems much better in my opinion. Can't wait!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

INSANE!

I can't wait.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,690
    @CraigMooreOHMSS between this and Polar with Mads Mikkelsen, Netflix will be offering some seriously badass stuff this month. Not forgetting Close with Noomi Rapace which looks great too.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    @CraigMooreOHMSS between this and Polar with Mads Mikkelsen, Netflix will be offering some seriously badass stuff this month. Not forgetting Close with Noomi Rapace which looks great too.

Agreed, there's some really slick looking productions being released on Netflix this month. A nice bit of variety too, after the seemingly endless number of YA releases the last few months.

The likelihood that this is the last we'll see of The Punisher for a while makes it rather bittersweet, though.
    Netflix will undoubtedly also shut down the Punisher series as well under pressure of Walt Disney who probably will not do anything better with this character.
    Which pisses me off as Daredevil & Jessica Jones were both splendid shows that had some mileage left in them.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Netflix will undoubtedly also shut down the Punisher series as well under pressure of Walt Disney who probably will not do anything better with this character.
    Which pisses me off as Daredevil & Jessica Jones were both splendid shows that had some mileage left in them.

Netflix hasn't canned Jessica Jones. And regardless, pressure from Disney wasn't why Daredevil, Iron Fist and Luke Cage got the axe. By their own words, it was because the Marvel shows weren't high up on the binge lists for the year.

By Disney's own accout, they had nothing to do with the cancellations and were just as shocked as the viewers.
    First (long range) box office trackings for Captain Marvel are looking at a $140 milllion opening weekend.
    It’s interesting as Shazam (which was once named Captain Marvel) and Marvels Captain Marvel are going almost head to head on the big screen curious to see who makes more
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Shazam was the wizard. Captain Marvel Billy Batson s alter ego.
    First trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home confirmed for January 15th.