Mi6 Members Past and Present Appreciation Thread.

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 8,696
    I've "known" BondJasonBond from IMDb days, under the same screen name (this applies to both of us). At some time he left, and not having insight into what caused him to leave, I never really wondered about it. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised re-discovering him here when I joined in February 2017. But I was also somewhat skeptical about the rise of Andi1996Ruegg, which seemed too good to be true and too close to BJB in just about everything. Makes you wonder why anybody would insist on creating a second personality - just to boost his own standing? Anyway, while I support enforcing the "no sock account" policy, I don't think this case caused much damage for anyone, as "Andi" seemed to be rather peaceful and not designed to disrupt things or troll anyone, but rather to bask in his newfound, if unwarranted, fame as The New Kid In Town.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »
    First Nosolace, now Jason.

Perhaps MI6 should run a mirror site on the Dark Web. A sort of Arkham for ex-members. It would be entertaining, no doubt.

What makes you think this forum doesn't have a dungeon, a place where we lock up forum members when they're banned?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    First Nosolace, now Jason. Poor guy, hope he's doing well whereever he is.
    Well, it was Jason first, then NoSolace. Sadly members get removed for all kinds of reasons, but over the years that this community has existed the number of banned members can probably be counted on the fingers of one hand.

So don't think it's a decision anyone takes lightly.

Jason was given a chance but didn't take it, and was removed for using multiple accounts.

NoSolace's posts accounted for over 90% of all flagged posts in the last couple of months or so. And those came in from several members. That kind of statistic can't be ignored.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    00Agent wrote: »
    I totally fell for Andi's fake account.The thing is i never interacted that much with Jason, i read his posts all the time and i liked him but i had not many exchanges with him.
    Before Andi came around i was contemplating leaving the Forum for good, then he joined and he was such a breath of fresh air, i immediately liked him.
    I was genuinly hurt there for a moment when this came to light. It hindsight it's quite obvious, especially the fact that they never posted around the same time, one left the other came, but at that time it would have never even crossed my mind that someone would do that. It's just so odd.
    I only spoke to Jason twice or thrice. Never made the connection he and Andi were one and the same. I find it fascinating that he would do all this. What makes someone do something like that? Odd indeed. But whatever the initial motivation, I imagine there's a unique sense of fun in keeping the charade going. Like an April Fools' prank.

I was just glancing at that "let's get to know" interview with Andi. The effort that has to go into sustaining that illusion... fascinating.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I was just glancing at that "let's get to know" interview with Andi. The effort that has to go into sustaining that illusion... fascinating.

Flushing out exercise ;)
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    NicNac wrote: »
    First Nosolace, now Jason. Poor guy, hope he's doing well whereever he is.
    Well, it was Jason first, then NoSolace. Sadly members get removed for all kinds of reasons, but over the years that this community has existed the number of banned members can probably be counted on the fingers of one hand.

So don't think it's a decision anyone takes lightly.

Jason was given a chance but didn't take it, and was removed for using multiple accounts.

NoSolace's posts accounted for over 90% of all flagged posts in the last couple of months or so. And those came in from several members. That kind of statistic can't be ignored.

What were they flagged for mostly?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 5,185
    I totally fell for Andi's fake account.The thing is i never interacted that much with Jason, i read his posts all the time and i liked him but i had not many exchanges with him.
    Before Andi came around i was contemplating leaving the Forum for good, then he joined and he was such a breath of fresh air, i immediately liked him.
    I was genuinly hurt there for a moment when this came to light. It hindsight it's quite obvious, especially the fact that they never posted around the same time, one left the other came, but at that time it would have never even crossed my mind that someone would do that. It's just so odd.
    I only spoke to Jason twice or thrice. Never made the connection he and Andi were one and the same. I find it fascinating that he would do all this. What makes someone do something like that? Odd indeed. But whatever the initial motivation, I imagine there's a unique sense of fun in keeping the charade going. Like an April Fools' prank.

It's as fascinating as it is sad.
    As you said, the level of effort was staggering. He was doing this for weeks.
    And not for trolling whatsoever, Andi was the nicest dude on the planet.
    But what is the benefit of doing that? Lets just assume people had befriended Andi, like i did, what do you get in the end except for people who feel deeply betrayed and don't trust you anymore?
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

But what is the benefit of doing that? Lets just assume people had befriended Andi, like i did, what do you get in the end except for people who feel deeply betrayed and don't trust you anymore.

Then, you've learnt your lesson. Duplicity abounds in the spy world.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    royale65 wrote: »

But what is the benefit of doing that? Lets just assume people had befriended Andi, like i did, what do you get in the end except for people who feel deeply betrayed and don't trust you anymore.

Then, you've learnt your lesson. Duplicity abounds in the spy world.

The B***** is banned. lol
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I appreciate how handsome I am.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

You and me both.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

I also appreciate how humble you are @Thunderfinger.

Exactly! Everything is great about me!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Can you deliver pizzas?
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Can you deliver pizzas?

I can, but I won t .
    He is too perfect and excellent for that. Maybe he can send his people.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    He is too perfect and excellent for that. Maybe he can send his people.

On his way.
    dan_schneider_984_all_that_kel_mitchell.jpg?1393957466
    When I think about @Thunderfinger, I'm always thinking about Sonny Crockett.
    Does anyone know where @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 has been?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Does anyone know where @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 has been?

He's fine. Just taking a break from MI6.

DarthDimi wrote: »
    When I think about @Thunderfinger, I'm always thinking about Sonny Crockett.

Hmmm...

@WillyGalore, if you read this, come back won t you? Come home.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Who was that?
    One of the finest blokes we've ever had on this forum.
    Vanished one day, like a teardrop in the rain...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I still hope he makes a grand re-entry one of these days.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Do you think he's attempting re-entry.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

I don't know him but that is a fantastic username.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Agent_99 wrote: »

I don't know him but that is a fantastic username.
    Agreed. Him and @AntiLocqueBrakes have some of the best usernames 'round these parts.
    I feel it is incredibly appropriate at this juncture to measure up the amount of estteem I have for a dear friend of mine and avid reader of my James Bond Fanfiction, @TheWizardOfIce, who has been banned today.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    I feel it is incredibly appropriate at this juncture to measure up the amount of estteem I have for a dear friend of mine and avid reader of my James Bond Fanfiction, @TheWizardOfIce, who has been banned today.

1. Glad you’re back @IGUANNA !

2. What happened with Wiz?!?