Mi6 Members Past and Present Appreciation Thread.

Comments

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Why?

Running a duplicate account, parading around as someone that didn't even exist most certainly warrants a ban, amongst other things.

Eh? I though Andy and Jason were army buddies? He seemed like a fine young chap (Andy).

He had you fooled then, as they were one and the same.

Are you sure? That’s unfortunate because I rather liked Jason. Was Jason real but Andi fake? I even followed Jason on Instagram but now that you mention it, he deleted his account some time ago. Did Jason actually almost die or vet or was it all made up? I suppose you wouldn’t know everything
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    We know 100% for a fact Andi was made up. The other duplicate account/"Army buddy" of his BrettSinclair's Facebook account was oddly deactivated after he "passed away," and then someone logged into his MI6 account many months after his "passing."

We don't know everything, but given the amount of lies we did uncover, I didn't believe a single thing in the end; but I am a cold-hearted bastard so that could contribute to it!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Any info about where @Gustav_Graves went too? He was one of the most active members when I first joined, not seen him around for ages.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited May 2018 Posts: 2,721
    Fascinating subterfuge. A shame, especially as I always enjoyed Jason's discussions early on. But that Andi thing was odd and so obviously made up by Jason.

And Lord Sinclair? That was Jason too? Was that the guy who was obsessed with The Persuaders and was going on about his wife cuckolded him while all he wanted to do was watch Roger Moore? That was entertaining but obvious trolling from the first post.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Lord Brett suddenly died under mysterious circumstances, despite apparently being a young healthy cadet. That was a tip off.

Still, he was a fun member. Brought a lot of excitement and drama to the forums.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 8,087
    So it appears that many had an inkling about Jason/Andi/Brett? I must have been one of the few totally oblivious, and I got on well with Jason. I don't know why he felt the need to keep creating personas when most people liked him for his real self.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    So it appears that many had an inkling about Jason/Andi/Brett? I must have been one of the few totally oblivious, and I got on well with Jason. I don't know why he felt the need to keep creating personas when most people liked him for his real self.

As did I. Shame.
    Yes, their IP movements and the fact that they almost never interacted with one another, despite being the best of friends, was yet another tip-off.

@Mendes4Lyfe, Gustav_Graves couldn't handle the forums any longer and requested to be banned so he wouldn't be tempted to return, but he's free to return anytime he gets back in contact with the mods requesting as such.

And yes, I had my suspicions about Jason for a good, long while beforehand; took me ages to discuss it with anyone else because I didn't want to seem heartless insinuating his schtick/the appearance of Andi was a ruse.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I can only speculate, but he had some nasty run ins with folks here. Perhaps he felt a need to create a new persona for a fresh start. Regardless, it was a bit strange, especially if he really wasn't ill (and I'm not sure what the story was on that).
    Yes, their IP movements and the fact that they almost never interacted with one another, despite being the best of friends, was yet another tip-off.

@Mendes4Lyfe, Gustav_Graves couldn't handle the forums any longer and requested to be banned so he wouldn't be tempted to return, but he's free to return anytime he gets back in contact with the mods requesting as such.

That's a shame. He was another colourful personality to have around.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Why?

Running a duplicate account, parading around as someone that didn't even exist most certainly warrants a ban, amongst other things.

Eh? I though Andy and Jason were army buddies? He seemed like a fine young chap (Andy).

He had you fooled then, as they were one and the same.

Are you sure? That’s unfortunate because I rather liked Jason. Was Jason real but Andi fake? I even followed Jason on Instagram but now that you mention it, he deleted his account some time ago. Did Jason actually almost die or vet or was it all made up? I suppose you wouldn’t know everything

I still follow him on Instagram and Facebook, and I always enjoyed his presence here, but the evidence for his having duplicate accounts is insurmountable, especially seeing that the Facebook page for his friend Andi Ruegg mysteriously disappeared.
    It was so obvious to me for the longest time; you don't know how glad I am that it's out now. I felt more and more like an ass thinking that, surmising nobody else had the same suspicions.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    There was a time when @Birdleson asked to see a pic of both Jason and Andi together--

Before that, I already smelt a rat (and it wasn't @Last_Rat_Standing this time), but when that request came through, I was pretty sure what was happening.

Very sad.
    It was so obvious to me for the longest time; you don't know how glad I am that it's out now. I felt more and more like an ass thinking that, surmising nobody else had the same suspicions.

I had noticed strange similarities like the way “they” would write text, using multiple colors and sizes. After the ban it was hard to ignore those little details.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I'd like to say that I'm ready to leave that part of my life behind. I suffered a good bit of trauma over the whole thing.

In fact, Jason's Facebook account is gone now too. I really don't care about him anymore.

But that's what happens when someone pretends to be someone they're not and screws you.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I still see him on Facebook.
    Pretty complex though, creating multiple accounts for each persona. And photos, I'm assuming it wasn't actually him we saw in those. Who knows, I guess.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 3,000
    Remington wrote: »
    I still see him on Facebook.

Same here. Strange. He’s blocking some people apparently.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    peter wrote: »
    There was a time when @Birdleson asked to see a pic of both Jason and Andi together--

I think I found one...

0514-diamonds1.jpg
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    bondjames wrote: »
    I can only speculate, but he had some nasty run ins with folks here. Perhaps he felt a need to create a new persona for a fresh start. Regardless, it was a bit strange, especially if he really wasn't ill (and I'm not sure what the story was on that).

Ah that’s a shame to think he just wanted a fresh start
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2018 Posts: 13,894
    bondjames wrote: »

I'm no expert, far from it, but I found it hard to believe that someone who claimed to have had heart trouble, could still be an active member in the armed forces. It was as if he wanted the sympathy vote for his ill health, but also respect for serving in the forces.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I totally fell for Andi's fake account.The thing is i never interacted that much with Jason, i read his posts all the time and i liked him but i had not many exchanges with him.
    Before Andi came around i was contemplating leaving the Forum for good, then he joined and he was such a breath of fresh air, i immediately liked him.
    I was genuinly hurt there for a moment when this came to light. It hindsight it's quite obvious, especially the fact that they never posted around the same time, one left the other came, but at that time it would have never even crossed my mind that someone would do that. It's just so odd.
  • RC7RC7

I remember clocking it. It was certainly very strange. I don’t recall interacting with him towards the end as I suspected he had some serious mental health issues and didn’t want to indulge him (for his own sake).
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    He was given every opportunity to own up and remain an active member, as Jason. He rejected our help. We knew another Bond site was priming themselves to press the buttons. In the end we had no choice.

Rules is rules.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    A sad affair, I liked Jason but the Mods had no other course of action.
    I think Jason was probably genuinely mentally ill to be fair to him. I don't think he'd have made up stories about suicide attempts (I'm assuming that part was made up since when he was in hospital Andi was still here) and all that otherwise.

Hope he's doing alright now anyway.
    First Nosolace, now Jason. Poor guy, hope he's doing well whereever he is.
  • RC7RC7
    First Nosolace, now Jason.

Perhaps MI6 should run a mirror site on the Dark Web. A sort of Arkham for ex-members. It would be entertaining, no doubt.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited May 2018 Posts: 1,884
    Glad that it's being addressed after all. This kind of subject intrigues me.

For whatever reason I never interacted with Andi at all. Maybe it was because Andi arrived as Jason faded. Maybe because having another Swiss army recruit on the forum just seemed too convenient... I didn't trust him.

Although, I did talk to Jason on a somewhat regular basis for the stats page he created. I had heard that he (I'll use "he" to keep it simple, even though "he" might be a "she") had issues (I always assumed bipolar disorder) so I let it be, as it never was necessary to do so. He had been on the forum for a while and everyone seemingly got along with him -- not a sign of a troll etc.

When Swiss army recruit Andi joined the forum I found it suspicious how Jason was going through 'tough times' with his personal issues. I read many of Andi's posts and saw the same similarities as the Mods had noticed. Decided it was best to simply interact solely with Jason in case they turned out to be the same. Once the Mods put pressure on him to deliver a picture of the two together I knew it was his waterloo.

I wonder if the person Jason used the photos of has a clue as to what happened. Or what the Swiss military thinks about this farce which doesn't help their image. Wonder if he stole the outfits or if he's actually taken the full identity of someone who used to be in the unit.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter who, or what, Jason really was. What does matter is how things like this are handled. FYI I think the Mods did the only right thing by banning him, and he fully deserved it, but why did it take all that time? The IP should have given everything away from the start. Even someone with mental issues should be smarter than that. In today's age it only takes seconds to be across the planet and with zero effort. And now everyone on this forum knows that it's possible to have multiple accounts -- despite it being illegal according to the terms and conditions. You see, if he had months of use on this forum without an IP switch, then how is it possible to stop anyone who is using it? If you have our IPs (normal I guess) then surely you keep a history of them. Being in New Zealand minutes after sitting in Spain should give you a hint that something is up, no? What I'm trying to say is that practically any member could be doing this right now and there's no way they'd be banned from the forum. Not a good thought.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    If only it were that simple. Multiple account users are rare, and generally get picked up sooner or later.
    The IP isn't always a fool proof method of determining these things. There's a little more to it than that.
    Rest assured, we are always on the lookout for multi account members within the forum.