No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    A bit off topic, but CR is the only Bond film for me that just leaves me begging for more in the last final scene.

Skyfall did that for me. Which should have been M handing Bond the folder to go to Mexico and find Sciarra.

This lack of news is horrible.

Wasn't it M who posthumously directed Bond to find Sciarra? Either way it touches on a point I've made, when the next timeline begins, I would like to see EON have I place a 5 film blueprint that charts the overall story arc while leaving flexibility for a stand alone, or two, that have little or nothing to do with it.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Not much, but Naomie Harris was in Monaco today, doing some kind of promotion with OMEGA, in a very well known location for us. :D

VIDEO HERE:
    https://vid.me/lcwJ
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    talos7 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    A bit off topic, but CR is the only Bond film for me that just leaves me begging for more in the last final scene.

Skyfall did that for me. Which should have been M handing Bond the folder to go to Mexico and find Sciarra.

This lack of news is horrible.

Wasn't it M who posthumously directed Bond to find Sciarra? Either way it touches on a point I've made, when the next timeline begins, I would like to see EON have I place a 5 film blueprint that charts the overall story arc while leaving flexibility for a stand alone, or two, that have little or nothing to do with it.

Well that's why I wouldn't have had Dench' s M return in that video. Would have eliminated the whole you snuck off to Mexico and now we can't trust you aspect.
    Yep, that would have worked
    So much talk, so much nonsense in here.

Guys, like I said on numerous occassions, Bond will be back as early as late 2019. Perhaps even 2020, given the lacklustre 'air' surrounding every person of the Bond family: indie-nerd Barbara Broccoli, artiefarty-boy Greg Williams and his electronic synthesizer projects, photography collector Michael Wilson, the uninspired Purvis & Wade duo, who think Bond is 'obsolete' now, since there are too many real-life 'Blofeld's', actor Daniel Craig who is in no hurry, but without that lack of urgency he indirectly doesn't care about Bond and its fans now, etc, etc....

And in the meanwhile franchises like "Fast & Furious", "Mission: Impossible", "Captain America" and "Kingsman" are eating away more and more market share from our beloved Bond, and will make the brand "Bond" slowly but steadily a footnote in today's action franchises. Sorry for sounding so blunt, but I don't know what else I should contribute to in this topic.....
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2017 Posts: 8,160
    Thanks for popping in and sharing your thoughts, @Gustav_Graves. Personally I would prefer if they would bring out Bond 25 in November 2019, as that would coincide nicely with my 25th birthday on the 14th. :)
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands

Thank you for sharing your bit of talk & nonsense.
    What nonsense indeed.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Whats everyone's view on J.J.Abrams directing Bond 25 ?

Not only no, but hell no.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Keep him in sci-fi
  • And in the meanwhile franchises like "Fast & Furious", "Mission: Impossible", "Captain America" and "Kingsman" are eating away more and more market share from our beloved Bond, and will make the brand "Bond" slowly but steadily a footnote in today's action franchises.
    An imaginary problem, MI is not a competitor, Kingston didn't do nearly as well as recent Bonds, CA does well but Marvel has going for a while and hasn't destroyed Bond. F&F is just an example of the mediocre rubbish that people will always flock to see.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.

Guys, like I said on numerous occassions, Bond will be back as early as late 2019. Perhaps even 2020, given the lacklustre 'air' surrounding every person of the Bond family: indie-nerd Barbara Broccoli, artiefarty-boy Greg Williams and his electronic synthesizer projects, photography collector Michael Wilson, the uninspired Purvis & Wade duo, who think Bond is 'obsolete' now, since there are too many real-life 'Blofeld's', actor Daniel Craig who is in no hurry, but without that lack of urgency he indirectly doesn't care about Bond and its fans now, etc, etc....

And in the meanwhile franchises like "Fast & Furious", "Mission: Impossible", "Captain America" and "Kingsman" are eating away more and more market share from our beloved Bond, and will make the brand "Bond" slowly but steadily a footnote in today's action franchises. Sorry for sounding so blunt, but I don't know what else I should contribute to in this topic.....

What a load of nonsense. What's got Greg Williams to do with it?
    Bond 25 will be released next year. the pressconference will be in november or december. Spectre en Skyfall were both huge sucesses.

I agree 100% MI, CA and Kingsman are leaving Bond behind.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited May 2017 Posts: 3,277
    JWPepper wrote: »
    What's got Greg Williams to do with it?

I think @Gustav_Graves meant Gregg Wilson, not the photographer Greg Williams, the author of BOND ON SET books. :D

@Gustav_Graves You forgot one thing though: Bond is all about RESURRECTION.
    Each and every feanchise film has to prove itsself over and over. You could also say, the more they spit them out like there is Nö tomorrow, the faster there will ne fatigue.
    Good point
    Getafix wrote: »
    Good point

Sure, but the rarer you appear the better you should be remembered, otherwise no one looks forward to see you again .
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The entirety of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films will never be toppled by anything else anytime soon. They're performing vastly great in terms of both Universal Box Office gross and from critical point of view. Plus, they have near unlimited amount of materials to adapt from and draw inspirations from, assuming they're going to go down with a snap of a finger is a misled thought.

However, Mission: Impossible and Kingsman are only coming up with new stories so, no... They won't be as long-lasting as Bond or the MCU for the matter.
  • RC7RC7
    The genius of Marvel is their ability to keep momentum and cash rolling in, despite the fact that in the cold light of day, 80-90% of their output is watchable, but average.
    Exactly. Their films do lack the high quality format in the writing department, but visually they're quite watchable. Then again, that might be their aim.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Bond as an entity and brand is a far superior franchise property and will outlast the pretenders. MI will be hard pressed to survive the legend that is TC, who probably has two more in him tops.

Having said that, the competitors have upped their game considerably of late, which I believe was the point being made.

Truth be told, I'm far more interested in the upcoming entries from both MI & Kingsman than I will be for B25 if it is going to be a continuation story of characters from SP.

If they shake it up however, with either a compelling standalone story or a complete reset, I'll be totally pumped because their history in this respect has been excellent. Therefore, I remain cautiously optimistic & yet nervous about which direction they'll go.
    RC7 wrote: »
    The genius of Marvel is their ability to keep momentum and cash rolling in, despite the fact that in the cold light of day, 80-90% of their output is watchable, but average.

They have a vision and a plan; that's incredibly important and a key to their success.
    I prefer Cubby's approach to making Bond films: one at a time, and never take for granted that more will be made. Put your all into the film presently being made. (I also don't think Bond lends itself terribly well to a multi-film story arc.)
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Each and every feanchise film has to prove itsself over and over. You could also say, the more they spit them out like there is Nö tomorrow, the faster there will ne fatigue.
    Indeed. With something like Star Wars, where they're planning to release a film every year, and there's merchandise all over shelves and media coverage all year... I'm sick of it.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Truth be told, I'm far more interested in the upcoming entries from both MI & Kingsman than I will be for B25 if it is going to be a continuation story of characters from SP.
    Same.
  • RC7RC7

They have a vision and a plan; that's incredibly important and a key to their success.

They certainly do, and they've executed it superbly, but it'll peter out. Like all cinematic fads, the intricacies of the multiverse will lose both lose their sheen and swallow themselves.

They have a vision and a plan.

Both in stark contrast to BB and MGW.
  • RC7RC7

They have a vision and a plan.

Both in stark contrast to BB and MGW.

Totally different aims. Not really comparable.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423
    The shared universe films, specifically Marvel, aim to make a continuous series featuring different characters who are merely players on the chessboard called Marvel.

Eon are just making James Bond films starring James Bond. That is all. Without the need for a consistent chronology building forward.

With Marvel, it's about that chessboard. With Bond, it's about the adventure and the man himself in each film. So, no... they don't need a long distant future predicted vision.
    Marvel will probably not still be churning then out in 20 or even 10 years though.

IMO
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    JWPepper wrote: »
    Bond 25 will be released next year. the pressconference will be in november or december.
    Amen, @JWPepper.

And on the other discussion: Bond doesn't have to do Marvel-sized box office. But he does, doesn't he?