No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    Bringing back Necros for LTK- how would you all go about that?

Me, I would have a flashback of him landing in a plane underneath, one that belongs to SPECTRE who are behind it all, and who have cameras in the sky even in 1989.

Hinx could easily survive the barrel pull from the train....Necros falling from a Hercules is a dead man.

To be fair, Bautista's neck is the circumference of a young redwood.

Exactly......
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2017 Posts: 4,458
    If Hinx return, mabey there wil come up with explanion of his self invitation. Not realy think longer about it before, after his ''death''. With not over use to much of gimmick in Spectre, if he return of course he wil use it again and let's hope not to much.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    If you're referring to the fingernail thing, then yes I'd like to see him execute a kill with that 'weapon' again, should he return. He only used it once in SP and it was deadly effective.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,844
    M_Balje wrote: »
    If Hinx return, mabey there wil come up with explanion of his self invitation. Not realy think longer about it before, after his ''death''. With not over use to much of gimmick in Spectre, if he return of course he wil use it again and let's hope not to much.

Are you referring to the metal thumbnails we see when he nominates himself? Yes, bringing Hinx back would be an opportunity to do something more with those. They really weren't addressed much in Spectre, almost as if the filmmakers just fell out of love with the idea of them after shooting that first scene.

Edit: And I see you latched onto the same thing, bondjames. ;) Must be what M_Balje was referring to.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Well, he attempts to kill Bond in the same manner later on in the film.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondjames wrote: »
    If you're referring to the fingernail thing, then yes I'd like to see him execute a kill with that 'weapon' again, should he return. He only used it once in SP and it was deadly effective.

Though he did look like he was trying to gouge Bond's eyes out on the train, in the little bit where they're smacking into the small bathroom walls. The sound design is great there; you can hear the squishing.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2017 Posts: 10,588

Though he did look like he was trying to gouge Bond's eyes out on the train, in the little bit where they're smacking into the small bathroom walls. The sound design is great there; you can hear the squishing.
    Parden me for shifting the conversation a bit, but SP had some of the best sound design in the entire series. I hope both Per Hallberg and Karen Baker-Landers return for B25.
    The interesting thing is he tried to take Bond out from behind with those nails, while he gouged Guerra face to face. So he doesn't seem to mind the direction of his victim.
  • jake24 wrote: »

Vaguely recall part of the train fight featuring that. Might have been nice if they had focused on the moment, or even if they had had Hinx pull the metal devices out of his pocket in the car to show to Madeleine as a way of threatening her.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jake24 wrote: »

Parden me for shifting the conversation a bit, but SP had some of the best sound design in the entire series. I hope both Per Hallberg and Karen Baker-Landers return for B25.

@jake24, the sound design is genius. SP was the film that really showed me how important sound design can be in making a scene that much more effective. The Hinx fight is a brilliant use of it, and the Rome meeting even more. I love the nervous shuffles of chairs and swallows the SPECTRE members have as Blofeld takes control. So unnerving.

It might be my favorite sound design in the series, at least when it comes to creating mood and atmosphere.

Vaguely recall part of the train fight featuring that. Might have been nice if they had focused on the moment, or even if they had had Hinx pull the metal devices out of his pocket in the car to show to Madeleine as a way of threatening her.

There's a close-up with Bond facing the camera, and Hinx behind him where it looks like Hinx is trying to peel his eyes open to get at his eyeballs. Then the squishy sound effect kicks in.

Describing this really turns the stomach. ;)
  • jake24 wrote: »

@jake24, the sound design is genius. SP was the film that really showed me how important sound design can be in making a scene that much more effective. The Hinx fight is a brilliant use of it, and the Rome meeting even more. I love the nervous shuffles of chairs and swallows the SPECTRE members have as Blofeld takes control. So unnerving.

It might be my favorite sound design in the series, at least when it comes to creating mood and atmosphere.

There's a close-up with Bond facing the camera, and Hinx behind him where it looks like Hinx is trying to peel his eyes open to get at his eyeballs. Then the squishy sound effect kicks in.

Describing this really turns the stomach. ;)

I've been meaning to take a good look at the train fight. It's beautifully executed and there's a lot packed into it. I'll watch/listen out for that part!
    Hinx, the henchman so memorable that the average film goer couldn't tell you his name. They didn't even name him within the film!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Names are for friends so he doesn't need one. ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Murdock wrote: »
    Some bald fellow who wears a black suit and red tie with white shirt, and as such is in the same business that require his creative skills to incapacitate a target will be proud of you for saying so, @Murdock. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Some bald fellow who wears a black suit and red tie with white shirt, and as such is in the same business that require his creative skills to incapacitate a target will be proud of you for saying so, @Murdock. ;)

I just hope I don't end up target to either of them. :))

I just hope I don't end up target to either of them. :))
    If the aforementioned one has your back, you've nothing to worry about. :))
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Blood money is a classic.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2017 Posts: 40,528
    Warms my heart that 'Hitman' has slowly, randomly crept up in a lot of these threads over the past couple of days.

After first seeing SP, I also noticed they didn't name Hinx - was a bit of a nitpick, but nothing that detracted from the film as a whole. Still annoying, though.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Milovy wrote: »
    Hinx, the henchman so memorable that the average film goer couldn't tell you his name. They didn't even name him within the film!
    They know him as Dave Bautista.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
    https://deadline.com/2017/04/wga-amptp-sunday-talks-moving-closer-deal-1202079834/

Memo Tells Writers Guild Captains to ‘Be Ready to Strike Tuesday’
    https://variety.com/2017/film/news/strike-watch-wga-captains-strike-1202404140/
    Milovy wrote: »
    They know him as Dave Bautista.
    I knew him for years just as Batista, which is what he went as on WWE/WWF.
    This article has ignorance written all over it:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-sony-pulling-plug-007-humane-thing-to-do/
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Written from a non-fan's perspective with little knowledge in Bond. I'm surprised this article was delivered from the abysmal Movie Pilot.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Well, that's ignorance by design from Cracked, competitor to Mad Magazine.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    That article gave me an urge to punch someone's head in. Don't know why.

I've seldom read something that was as self-indulgent as it was slow to get to any sort of point. And the bastard wants to forget OHMSS amongst other sins, so I say we take a pillow and suffocate HIM.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 1,661
    If the new studio deal drags on past winter there's good enough reason for EON to delay Bond 25 till 2019 and it also gives them a convenient excuse to recast (assuming Craig has had enough of the role!). Brosnan to Craig was a four years gap so we may see history repeat itself.

Is MGM the worst run studio of all time? If people think Donald Trump is bad as president, imagine if the CEO of MGM ran for US president. He'd bankrupt the entire country. :P

As for that 'Cracked' item, a bit of criticism isn't such a bad thing. Getting stale is one of the problems of long running franchises so a bit of online negativity may keep the producers thinking about new ideas. One advantage of recasting Bond is the sense of freshness it brings to the franchise.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    They can't really delay it until 2019, though, unless they have planned to get it out by the end of next year. We still have no clue when it'll be coming out.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    What comes to mind as I read some of these negative articles on the state of Bondom (even if it's in trash like Cracked) is that EON is likely not going to do an SP continuation story. I just don't see them going in that direction, especially given that direct sequels are a relatively new phenomenon in the Bond world to begin with.