No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'd like to find out.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I was wondering if QoS was affected due to Haggis' involvement, but I'm not sure. I'm confused, as well.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I was wondering if QoS was affected due to Haggis' involvement, but I'm not sure. I'm confused, as well.
    That was my assumption as well.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It could be like a citizenship thing, where you have to be present in both unions to work in both America and the UK.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,181
    Yeah, otherwise it doesn't make sense why P+W couldn't come back and polish Haggis' script once the strike took effect in '07.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I have just taken a look at the member registry of WGA US and Robert Wade is indeed a member of their guild. No info on Neil Purvis. But if Wade goes on strike, count on Purvis doing the same.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,181
    MrBond wrote: »
    I have just taken a look at the member registry of WGA US and Robert Wade is indeed a member of their guild. No info on Neil Purvis. But if Wade goes on strike, count on Purvis doing the same.

Thanks for the info.

I guess that means P+W will be out of action after all.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

So they're basically the screenwriting versions of Holmes and Watson.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    So this business with the WGA doesn't affect Bond in the slightest, since P+W aren't even part of the same group? I think we'd better change the thread title, if it isn't relevant. EON won't hang around for American writers when they can simply hire British ones if needed. Crisis averted.
    If this happens, they should try to coax some legends out of retirement.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Although P+W were part of the strike in 07/08. Hence their lack of involvement in the process of QoS. I'm pretty certain they are members of the american WGA.

Exactly.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Let's hope P+W go on strike and never return. Because at their rate of copy/paste work we'll get another warmed up brew like TWINE/SF. And I want Bond 25 to be original.
    Let's hope P+W go on strike and never return. Because at their rate of copy/paste work we'll get another warmed up brew like TWINE/SF. And I want Bond 25 to be original.

Without them you wouldn't have gotten SP, so maybe they're worth a little courtesy in that respect.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

I don't think it will be that bad this time around because they have barely started pre-production on bond 25
    jake24 wrote: »
    Who knows. Let's see how fast MGM can secure a distribution deal. Within 1-2 months is my estimate.

So like June July ish
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Personally I hope Hinx is back! He has been the only proper full on fist fight that Bond has had. The only other one that may come close was the death on Mr Slate or Staven Obanno?

What about the CR PTS?

Good call on that! Forgot that one! Lol!
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    WGA Strike Talks Explained: Inside the Offers (and Counteroffers) on the Table
    hollywoodreporter.com/news/wga-strike-explained-inside-offers-counteroffers-table-997216

An excellent breakdown of the terms WGA members are currently negotiating.

According to the article some progress has been made:

There has been some movement since then on both sides, but it is difficult to quantify the cost of the respective packages and determine how far apart the parties remain. It’s difficult to see how a multi-hundred million dollar gap was or will be bridged prior to the May 1 contract expiration, but on an issue-by-issue basis, the parties have moved closer, according to sources’ accounts. A deal may yet be in reach — or, perhaps, a strike.

Atleast their is hope if nothing else! But the clock alas continues to tick away!
    Yeah, first 2 days of negotiations are done with, and no word from either side as of yet. They've got another 4 days to reach some kind of agreement before a strike becomes inevitable.

If Robert Wade is a member of the WGA, I'm guessing that would also mean work on the script for Bond 25 will be halted too.
    I am a bit more concerned with MacGyver then bond honestly as I am unsure if this impacts that series (although they could in theory do what mission impossible did and just refilm old scripts with a few minor changes)

we will see if/when the distribution deal happens.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,023
    I want Hinx to return, his neck horribly scarred and now mute. He has a score to settle with Bond. Keep him an unstoppable force and Bond's greatest physical threat; don't allow him to redeem himself or become a buffoon as did Jaws.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    talos7 wrote: »
    I want Hinx to return, his neck horribly scarred and now mute. He has a score to settle with Bond. Keep him an unstoppable force and Bond's greatest physical threat; don't allow him to redeem himself or become a buffoon as did Jaws.
    If they wanted to be realistic, they would let him stay dead as it would have surely snapped his neck. Nonetheless, I don't think they wanna bring an unnecessary character from SPECTRE back.

• edited April 2017 Posts: 4,325
    I don't want him to return. Bring back Swann, and maybe Blofeld if they can do it properly.
    How about bringing none of them back and giving us a break from this bloody story arc...Bond films have always been standalone and it needs to go back to that.

If the films were out every 2 years,as between CR-QOS,then yes ,a story arc would work,but not every 4 years.....enough now,standalone missions please.
    talos7 wrote: »
    If they wanted to be realistic, they would let him stay dead as it would have surely snapped his neck. Nonetheless, I don't think they wanna bring an unnecessary character from SPECTRE back.

Realistic? This is Bond. Throughout his history on film, spanning multiple timelines how many things have happened to Bond, or other characters, that realistically would and should have been fatal? Resurrection in a recurring theme in the world of 007
    barryt007 wrote: »
    How about bringing none of them back and giving us a break from this bloody story arc...Bond films have always been standalone and it needs to go back to that.

If the films were out every 2 years,as between CR-QOS,then yes ,a story arc would work,but not every 4 years.....enough now,standalone missions please.

Hear, hear!
    A character returning, even a villain, does not mean having to continue a story arc. If they do want to bring back Hinx, they can do so while still placing Bond in a story that has no relation to SPECTRE.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,325
    Indeed, like Jaws changed employers from TSWLM to MR. We could have another homage moment with a character saying, 'Well of course, if you can get him'.
    I always felt it was contrived the way they brought Jaws back in Moonraker, having Drax get on the blower to Henchmen R us and ordering a replacement for Chang.

If they wanted to bring Hinx back, it should have been at the end of SP, when Bond is trying to find Madeline. That would have made that scene more tense, I think.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    If they wanted to bring Hinx back, it should have been at the end of SP, when Bond is trying to find Madeline. That would have made that scene more tense, I think.
    They had Irma Bunt wandering around in the role of a hench(wo)man in an earlier draft. But, they rushed things out so much for that London finale that sequence hardly ever made sense.
    They had Irma Bunt wandering around in the role of a hench(wo)man in an earlier draft. But, they rushed things out so much for that London finale that sequence hardly ever made sense.

An Irma Bundt draft in SP you mean ?!

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    barryt007 wrote: »

An Irma Bundt draft in SP you mean ?!
    Yes.
    Wow...can you elaborate more @ClarkDevlin ??