No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Wow...can you elaborate more @ClarkDevlin ??
    We had Irma Bunt making an appearance for the first time in Madeleine's room at Blofeld's hair and ogled her for as long as I can remember reading. Then, during the finale at the MI-6 building, she and Madeleine had a fistfight, with her always gaining the upper hand yet Maddie never backed down. She's later kicked down an elevator shaft to plunge to her supposed death by Bond without a remorse. We never see or hear from her again. I loved Madeleine in that scene. Such a crying shame she wasn't interpreted as greatly in the final outcome.
    We had Irma Bunt making an appearance for the first time in Madeleine's room at Blofeld's hair and ogled her for as long as I can remember reading. Then, during the finale at the MI-6 building, she and Madeleine had a fistfight, with her always gaining the upper hand yet Maddie never backed down. She's later kicked down an elevator shaft to plunge to her supposed death by Bond without a remorse. We never see or hear from her again. I loved Madeleine in that scene. Such a crying shame she wasn't interpreted as greatly in the final outcome.

Well if that is all Bundt is there for i'm glad she wasn't used.
    What a waste that would have been.

Thanks for the info though matey !

• RC7RC7
    If I'm not mistaken Brigitte Miller was initially cast as Bunt, but later switched to Vogel when they dropped Bunt.

Well if that is all Bundt is there for i'm glad she wasn't used.
    What a waste that would have been.

Thanks for the info though matey !
    My pleasure, laddie!
    I always felt it was contrived the way they brought Jaws back in Moonraker, having Drax get on the blower to Henchmen R us and ordering a replacement for Chang.
    Well, anytime I need some bad people, I call up my connection to the underworld, and he offers me this one or that one, and sometimes yes, he can get even him.
    How else do you get in contact with bad people?

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I always felt it was contrived the way they brought Jaws back in Moonraker, having Drax get on the blower to Henchmen R us and ordering a replacement for Chang.
    Well, anytime I need some bad people, I call up my connection to the underworld, and he offers me this one or that one, and sometimes yes, he can get even him.
    How else do you get in contact with bad people?

By logging in to this site, of course. ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Actually IMDB was a better market for bad people.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Or the Star Trek fan page on facebook. =))

I like the part about Bond kicking her down an elevator shaft. Revive that bit for B25 please!
    The original timeline never managed to "off" the old toad.
  • RC7RC7
    In hindsight I think SP missed the Bunt dynamic. Not for nostalgic reasons, but it would've added a little texture to the Madeleine story. There's a disconnect between her and ESB, so having someone as unsavoury as Bunt toying with her would have brought things to life a little more imo.
    RC7 wrote: »
    In hindsight I think SP missed the Bunt dynamic. Not for nostalgic reasons, but it would've added a little texture to the Madeleine story. There's a disconnect between her and ESB, so having someone as unsavoury as Bunt toying with her would have brought things to life a little more imo.

They definitely needed some kind of obstacle at the end, standing between Bond and Madeline. Just watching a middle-aged Craig run through dimly lit corridors didn't really make for much of a Bond finale.

Anyway, back to Bond 25 news...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RC7 wrote: »

They definitely needed some kind of obstacle at the end, standing between Bond and Madeline. Just watching a middle-aged Craig run through dimly lit corridors didn't really make for much of a Bond finale.

Anyway, back to Bond 25 news...

Well, the obstacle was the ticking bomb, which was going to blow in minutes.

Bunt may show up in Bond 25, if EON already wanted to put her in, but I'm so very happy she was axed from SP. It would have muddled things and she wasn't written impressively in any way. For all the problems people seem to have with every aspect of the film, I don't see an underused and hacky Bunt fixing it all up. I was lost at her and Madeleine having a fist fight. Good lord...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Me too. Blofeld was enough for me. I don't want to see anymore returning villains after him.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If they can't get Tilda Swinton for Bunt, I really don't care to see her either. That's the end all, be all casting for me.
    You have to admit, though, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, Madeleine's reaction to Bond showing up again after she thought he'd be dead was heart-lifting. The way she was passionately affectionate towards him as she hit him three times on his chest with her fists. I loved that Kara Milovy moment in her.
    You have to admit, though, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, Madeleine's reaction to Bond showing up again after she thought he'd be dead was heart-lifting. The way she was passionately affectionate towards him as she hit him three times on his chest with her fists. I loved that Kara Milovy moment in her.

A sign of affection is punching someone repeatedly? ;) I thought she was fine, as written. Adding her into the action would just be too much, as well. She was great in the Hinx fight, doing as much as she realistically would be as an untrained person, using a gun and keeping her distance. Actually getting into it for real would've been a bridge too far. Cinema seems to have a bit of a hard-on for girl fights at the moment.

A sign of affection is punching someone repeatedly? ;) I thought she was fine, as written. Adding her into the action would just be too much, as well. She was great in the Hinx fight, doing as much as she realistically would be as an untrained person, using a gun and keeping her distance. Actually getting into it for real would've been a bridge too far. Cinema seems to have a bit of a hard-on for girl fights at the moment.
    Kara seems to think so. ;) Cough, avoid barryt007, cough!

It's just that I personally found her more comprehensive in that third act than the actual one we've had. I also hold myself guilty as charged in loving women who actually know how to use guns and defend themselves. :D
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Apparently according to this p and w have submitted a draft starting script for bond 25 http://jamesbond.wikia.com/wiki/Bond_25

Kara seems to think so. ;) Cough, avoid barryt007, cough!

It's just that I personally found her more comprehensive in that third act than the actual one we've had. I also hold myself guilty as charged in loving women who actually know how to use guns and defend themselves. :D

I'm soft on Kara, so I'll be here for her in this regard. Barry wants to throw her off the ferris wheel, so I don't think he's taken to her well. ;)

There's always more room for additional things to be done with the Bond ladies, but in this instance I just didn't see it being a fit for this character. I'm soft on Madeleine too, though, and found her a pleasant surprise in the film, given that she's a very unique woman in the series. It's not often (or ever) Bond is stuck in danger with the daughter of one of his greatest enemies, much less Mr. White. A welcomed twist, for me. That she had an actual personality and life to her was all the more pleasant, but that has been a reinvigoration of the Craig run.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If they can't get Tilda Swinton for Bunt, I really don't care to see her either. That's the end all, be all casting for me.

Before SF was out, I so desperately wanted a film where Bond faced off against the head of QUANTUM, who would be played by Tilda Swinton. Would've been incredible.
    In an odd development, NFL players have weighted in on the strike:

http://deadline.com/2017/04/wga-strike-nfl-players-union-supports-writers-union-1202078648/
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    How about bringing none of them back and giving us a break from this bloody story arc...Bond films have always been standalone and it needs to go back to that.

If the films were out every 2 years,as between CR-QOS,then yes ,a story arc would work,but not every 4 years.....enough now,standalone missions please.

Hear, hear!
    I'm very much hoping for this as well, but it's quite unlikely if Craig returns.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Before SF was out, I so desperately wanted a film where Bond faced off against the head of QUANTUM, who would be played by Tilda Swinton. Would've been incredible.

Wasn't the head of quantum supposed to be Guy Haines
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere

No. Special envoy to the Prime Minister. Would be cool to make him a main villain though. Perhaps he was promoted and is a major player in SPECTRE.

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

No. Special envoy to the Prime Minister. Would be cool to make him a main villain though. Perhaps he was promoted and is a major player in SPECTRE.

It would be cool if they have the B25 PTS feature him prominently, and have his mission be to break Blofeld out. ;)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    It would be cool if they have the B25 PTS feature him prominently, and have his mission be to break Blofeld out. ;)
    That's an awesome concept I'd love to see, @NickTwentyTwo.
    If they wanted to throw Haines in, it'd certainly be fascinating. If the plot involved Bond getting back at SPECTRE and eradicating it from the top down, one of the best places for him to start on the hunt would be to find the man who is in deep with the Prime Minister. I'd be a great opportunity to show how far into the political system SPECTRE feeds itself, and the idea of Bond essentially going against his own government to rat out the corruption inside would be cool to see.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Not following up on the Haines story was a mistake in my view. Especially given the tieback from Spectre to Quantum. They should have at least made a mention of it, assuming MI6 dealt with Haines in the period between QoS and SF.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Not following up on the Haines story was a mistake in my view. Especially given the tieback from Spectre to Quantum. They should have at least made a mention of it, assuming MI6 dealt with Haines in the period between QoS and SF.

I think it was just a case of him not being a major enough character (we see him for seconds), and the function of him would necessitate bringing in his ties to the high-echelon British government, which would be ambitious. The plots at that point didn't really have the space for that, but if they wanted to play that hand, now is the perfect time.

Blofeld will likely be in British custody for a time and if his organization wished to weed him out of capture, they'd have to do it from the inside of the government itself. Haines could be that special connection.