No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Eon have another film, No Place to Hide, lined up for 2017. It could be for that as well.

https://pro-labs.imdb.com/company/co0054040?rf=cons_co_indev&ref_=cons_co_indev
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    @Getafix I couldn't disagree more, I didn't get a cheap vibe from TGWTDT at all and you must have been watching a different film to me because I saw great chemistry between Craig & Mara, it was one of the areas that it improved on the Swedish version.

Rapace is brilliant as Lisbeth but the chemistry with her Blomvist is almost non existent.

Mara was more like the Salander in the book and Craig really captured the ego battered unsure of himself Blomvist.

Maybe they should have got Dalton to play and you would have been happier.
    I want to see if Bond and Blofeld have a secret sister.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Getafix wrote: »
    If I'm honest it cemented my belief that DC is not quite the charismatic, BO magician that some would like to make out.

Are there really people who believe (d) Craig is a BO draw?? He never has been and won't ever be. Like you said, Craig is and will remain a character actor outside of Bond and honestly, that's the way Craig wants it.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Wait till Logan Lucky and Kings come out!
  • Fortunately Bond is a character who doesn't need a star or a leading man. Charisma, prowess, comedic timing, and that certain something certainly helps, but he's essentially a blank slate for male audiences to project themselves into. Perhaps nowhere is this better seen than in the case of George Lazenby who stepped into the role with zero acting experience. Yes, he had all of the aforementioned and the ability to throw punches like no other, but he wasn't a Pitt or a Cruise or a Clooney.

On a side note that's perhaps only peripherally related, I'd like to go back to the days when Bond was a scrappy underdog in the fight, who got beaten up as much as he beat back and often had to use his wits to survive/escape from his more physically challenging opponents. Craig has been great for all sorts of reasons, but Bond of all characters doesn't need to be beefy.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Craig is only a box office draw as Bond and outside of that he's not really made much of a mark, he primarily a character actor and when given good material a damn good one.

I respect DC not wanting to appear in big office behemoths outside of Bond.

When he finishes I look forward to some great varied output, I'd hope he won't be playing some unrealisticly aged deadly assasin alongside a actress old enough to be his daughter.

Can't think of who I might be referring to there.
  • Shardlake wrote: »
    Craig is only a box office draw as Bond and outside of that he's not really made much of a mark, he primarily a character actor and when given good material a damn good one.

I respect DC not wanting to appear in big office behemoths outside of Bond.

When he finishes I look forward to some great varied output, I'd hope he won't be playing some unrealisticly aged deadly assasin alongside a actress old enough to be his daughter.

Can't think of who I might be referring to there.

Connery played a master thief in Entrapment, not an assassin, and Zeta-Jones was closer to his granddaughter than his daughter, but I get your gist.

Craig has made a go at leading man blockbusters in between his Bonds (Cowboys & Aliens, The Invasion), but I suspect as with Brosnan he will pursue more colorful, against-type, performance-focused roles in the wake of Bondom (with the occasional fun paycheck opposite a Salma Hayek or whoever).
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    LeChiffre wrote: »

Now there is another way Judi Dench's M can return...
    It was me, James. The co-author of your pain.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 3,000

M's children could even be involved;

"I wrote forward on your pain!"

M's children could even be involved;

"I wrote forward on your pain!"
    Associate authors? :))
  • Perhaps the ultimate reveal could be Pierce Brosnan as the ghost writer of all Bond's pain.
    Perhaps the ultimate reveal could be Pierce Brosnan as the ghost writer of all Bond's pain.
    Sir, you won the internet for today. :))
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Craig dosent have the draw Brosnan did outside of Bond IMO.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    007Blofeld wrote: »

That's not really an indication, considering the first one came out five years ago, and was likely to never get a sequel with the same cast/crew. If anything, Mara was the only one with a possibility of returning.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I'm not a huge fan of Ralph as m I think it's fine, I would like to see him turn evil in bond 25 or 26
    Also it turns out that he was the REAL author of all of bonds pain and HE sent blofeld and HE made SPECTRE
    Jk
  • Perhaps the ultimate reveal could be Pierce Brosnan as the ghost writer of all Bond's pain.
    Sir, you won the internet for today. :))

Thank you, I will cherish it until I have to give it back.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I'm not a huge fan of Ralph as m I think it's fine, I would like to see him turn evil in bond 25 or 26.

Also it turns out that he was the REAL author of all of bonds pain and HE sent blofeld and HE made SPECTRE
    Jk
    Don't give them any ideas!

I'm not a big fan of Fiennes either, but he won't be a villain. It was in the original script that he was to be the mole, and he apparently refused to do it, so they ended up creating the useless 'C'.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @JamesBondKenya you need to Edit your post, instead of double posting.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of Ralph as m I think it's fine, I would like to see him turn evil in bond 25 or 26.

Jk
    Don't give them any ideas!

I'm not a big fan of Fiennes either, but he won't be a villain. It was in the original script that he was to be the mole, and he apparently refused to do it, so they ended up creating the useless 'C'.

Yeah, we might actually be best off if they keep casting actors with brains and dignity who refuse to play out their most bogus ideas.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    "Good guy" turning villain is a bit tired at this point, right up there wit the evil twin and the separated long ago relative of any type.
    Who ever runs the James Bond live twitter is kind of an asshole
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Craig dosent have the draw Brosnan did outside of Bond IMO.

Yes I think you're right. Hardly any one apart from @germanlady just goes to see a film because 'Daniel Craig' is in it, but in his day Brosnan definitely had that draw.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 11,425
    Shardlake wrote: »
    @Getafix I couldn't disagree more, I didn't get a cheap vibe from TGWTDT at all and you must have been watching a different film to me because I saw great chemistry between Craig & Mara, it was one of the areas that it improved on the Swedish version.

Rapace is brilliant as Lisbeth but the chemistry with her Blomvist is almost non existent.

Mara was more like the Salander in the book and Craig really captured the ego battered unsure of himself Blomvist.

Maybe they should have got Dalton to play and you would have been happier.

I don't think I mentioned anything about a cheap vibe.

It's been a while since I watched it but my overwhelming response was disappointment as I'd had really high hopes for it.

It seemed to make almost zero impact at the time. I don't know anyone who refers to it or even thinks of it as a particularly good film. As I said, it's not awful, just one of those examples where on paper it looks great and then the reality is a lot less than you're expecting. The stars don't align - it just falls a bit flat. It happens.

I have to say that this is a little bit of a pattern with Craig's non Bond work - IMO of course.
    Germanlady wrote: »

That was a good article,its encouraging to see Craig openly talking about Bond again in a fresh enthusiastic way.

A good sign IMO.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Germanlady wrote: »
    It's sad that he has to get his shirts specially made for the film in order to have the sleeve cover the watch face. That is because the Omega watches he wears during the films are too thick to be worn with a suit, which is unfortunate and something the manufacturer has to fix going forward. Additionally, The Omega in SP shouldn't strictly have been worn on a Nato with a suit. Connery did that on the Rolex because he went underwater, where it made sense.

I share Craig's fascination with watches, and agree that lightness & thinness are great features in a watch. I also love blue faces on them!