No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »

A sequel that jumps to the fourth book, with a director that isn't Fincher, starring an all-new cast. And just like that, 100% of my interest went out the window.

And Stieg Larsson didn't even write the bloody thing!
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    bondjames wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    It's sad that he has to get his shirts specially made for the film in order to have the sleeve cover the watch face. That is because the Omega watches he wears during the films are too thick to be worn with a suit, which is unfortunate and something the manufacturer has to fix going forward. Additionally, The Omega in SP shouldn't strictly have been worn on a Nato with a suit. Connery did that on the Rolex because he went underwater, where it made sense.

I share Craig's fascination with watches, and agree that lightness & thinness are great features in a watch. I also love blue faces on them!

Meh, I think nato straps are fun to be honest. A nice way to make a watch lighter and add a bit of flair.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    It's sad that he has to get his shirts specially made for the film in order to have the sleeve cover the watch face. That is because the Omega watches he wears during the films are too thick to be worn with a suit, which is unfortunate and something the manufacturer has to fix going forward. Additionally, The Omega in SP shouldn't strictly have been worn on a Nato with a suit. Connery did that on the Rolex because he went underwater, where it made sense.

I share Craig's fascination with watches, and agree that lightness & thinness are great features in a watch. I also love blue faces on them!

Meh, I think nato straps are fun to be honest. A nice way to make a watch lighter and add a bit of flair.
    Indeed it is. However, they also serve a practical rather than a fashion purpose (as they tend to do now), and that's something the Bond of old showed us that he understood.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

The older Craig gets, the better he looks.
    Personally and this is just my opnion but due to the Swann storyline etc I think if they were going to use The Property of a Lady there is no better film or time then now and Bond 25. Plus it might be a nice way to book end Craig's Tenure (patterns be damned)

Novel title
    Short Story Title
    Original title
    Chapter title
    Short story Title?

Just a thought.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    17265601_191876651304291_5400954407313473536_n.jpg

"Throwing it all the way back to last Friday, when our EIC @lauradecarufel hung out with Daniel Craig—007 himself and a very dapper ambassador for @Omega watches—at a special #Seamaster dinner in New York. Before sitting down to an elegant meal of carpaccio, branzino and quince tart, Craig talked timepieces, including how his watch has affected his suit choices. “When I have my shirts made for Bond, I have the left cuff made slightly larger so I can wear the watch, and the sleeve sits over the watch,” he explained. Stay tuned for the full interview in #MrKit, coming this June."
    Daniel Craig attending today's Into Film Awards (@getintofilm) in London, England. | March 14, 2017 |"

mEwXdKK.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Not really sure what Craig is on about with customising the cuff sleeve to cover the watch. For starters, we always see the watch face exposed when he's either wearing a full suit or with his jacket off. Hell, even when he puts his left hand in his trouser pocket the dial of the watch is still exposed; so I'm a bit confused as to why bother customising the cuff of the sleeve to do something that it has never done.
    What is interesting though is he is talking about Bond in the present tense..he is saying "when i play Bond"...not "when i played Bond"...
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If he said "when I played" that would kind of give away that he has quit now, wouldn't it? I'm not sure, if he has made a decision yet, that he would want to announce it like that.
  • RC7RC7
    He is Bond. Only the media have decided he isn't.
    @barry @mendes
    Yes, I think Craig's choice of words suggests that he is being careful not to confirm his continuation as Bond, probably because he hasn't yet firmed up an announceable deal.
    But my take is that his intention is to continue barring something unforseen.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    RC7 wrote: »
    He is Bond. Only the media have decided he isn't.

Exactly.
    Right, until he isn't, he is by default
    For those paying attention, Barbara Broccoli is on the board of Into Film:
    nintchdbpict000253668433.jpg?w=639&strip=all
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/stars-present-into-film-awards-to-young-filmmakers-and-reviewers-35531120.html

https://www.intofilm.org/our-trustees

I doubt Craig could be coaxed to go to, what is fundamentally a business engagement, unless he was still involved with EON.

Also, Broccoli is in the "Huston" business - she's just hired Jack's uncle, Danny Huston to star in her next play.

I'm pretty certain that if Craig is out, Jack Huston is in....I still need some convincing.

actor-jack-huston-attends-screen-gems-pride-and-prejudice-and-zombies-picture-id506281532?s=594x594
    ben-hur_jack_huston.jpg
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwipl8Le3tbSAhVM6RQKHfwrB6IQjBwIBA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpmcvariety.files.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F03%2Fjack_huston_the_crow.jpg%3Fw%3D1000%26h%3D750%26crop%3D1&bvm=bv.149397726,d.cGw&psig=AFQjCNE3VD1S75yn4nCLEK7loWIg9hWDLg&ust=1489606450523661

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He has really short legs, is he a dwarf?
    If thats the case then.....oh shit.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    17265601_191876651304291_5400954407313473536_n.jpg

"Throwing it all the way back to last Friday, when our EIC @lauradecarufel hung out with Daniel Craig—007 himself and a very dapper ambassador for @Omega watches—at a special #Seamaster dinner in New York. Before sitting down to an elegant meal of carpaccio, branzino and quince tart, Craig talked timepieces, including how his watch has affected his suit choices. “When I have my shirts made for Bond, I have the left cuff made slightly larger so I can wear the watch, and the sleeve sits over the watch,” he explained. Stay tuned for the full interview in #MrKit, coming this June."

GAHHH can't they release it like next month?! Maybe there's some Bond questions in there.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Don't get too excited, lest you spend the next few months eagerly awaiting another interview/press release that contains nothing regarding the future of Bond.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    The handful of photos I've seen of Jack Huston without facial hair, the man looks like a honeydew melon.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    If Craig signs on for B25, they need to have him keep the longer hair. I remember thinking Craig looked really good ahead of SP, but trimming the hair definitely adds age.
    Mansfield wrote: »
    If Craig signs on for B25, they need to have him keep the longer hair. I remember thinking Craig looked really good ahead of SP, but trimming the hair definitely adds age.

This. He looks really good right now.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    timmer wrote: »
    Right, until he isn't, he is by default
    Exactly.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Yeah, For example, a couple weeks ago he posted something on his Instagram saying he has been Bond for the second longest time or something indicating that he is still currently bond till he formally quits.
    God I hope some s**t isn't written like Madeline turning on Bond and becoming the head of Spectre. I wouldn't put it past them. Please, no more people from Bond's past! It seems like they believe the only way of creating character movement is to throw in family ties. I like what they did in Skyfall but obviously the foster brother angle in Spectre was just a load of unnecessary, unimaginative garbage. I miss the times where Bond would sit down to a delicious, gourmet dinner with the villain and receive this fascinating background information from the villain about how he came to be where he is now.
    Bounine wrote: »
    I miss the times where Bond would sit down to a delicious, gourmet dinner with the villain and receive this fascinating background information from the villain about how he came to be where he is now.
    It's a lot more interesting if the villain has a personal connection to Bond, don't you think? [/sarcasm]
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 2,598
    Great idea...but they should go one step further and include the ghosts of his grandparents and great grandma and pa.
    Bounine wrote: »
    I miss the times where Bond would sit down to a delicious, gourmet dinner with the villain and receive this fascinating background information from the villain about how he came to be where he is now.

Apparently this is how the original Blofeld reveal scene was supposed to have been in SP, instead of that Colonel Sun rip-off torture scene that didn't make much sense, particularly when Bond recovers miraculously from it 3 seconds later.

• Bounine wrote: »

Apparently this is how the original Blofeld reveal scene was supposed to have been in SP, instead of that Colonel Sun rip-off torture scene that didn't make much sense, particularly when Bond recovers miraculously from it 3 seconds later.

True, but seeing a bit of Colonel Sun onscreen was one of the few bright spots of SP for me, and transplanting Blofeld's daddy issues into a dinner scene would not have made them any less infuriating.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 252
    I'm pretty certain that if Craig is out, Jack Huston is in....I still need some convincing.

actor-jack-huston-attends-screen-gems-pride-and-prejudice-and-zombies-picture-id506281532?s=594x594
    ben-hur_jack_huston.jpg
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwipl8Le3tbSAhVM6RQKHfwrB6IQjBwIBA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpmcvariety.files.wordpress.com%2F2015%2F03%2Fjack_huston_the_crow.jpg%3Fw%3D1000%26h%3D750%26crop%3D1&bvm=bv.149397726,d.cGw&psig=AFQjCNE3VD1S75yn4nCLEK7loWIg9hWDLg&ust=1489606450523661

Richard from (Boardwalk Empire) :D