No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    ~O) :D ...sorry I draw the line on drugs at coffee and poker.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    We'll soon be getting Bond 75 by 2037.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Eh doubt that far...maybe rough specs or ideas from Jez Buttersworth...

Would be hard for names like that to not leak even now.

Like your enthusiasm and appreciate your sharing.

That's just my opinion ..not knocking you.

No I know the interesting thing is every name I posted except for Nolan has been rumored with some rumors suggesting Michael Wilson and Guy Ritchie meet last month...
  • echoecho 007 in New York

Titled Beyond The Ice and starring a CGI Connery and Heather Menzies in the roles they were born to play.
    echo wrote: »

Titled Beyond The Ice and starring a CGI Connery and Heather Menzies in the roles they were born to play.
    Directed by Lee Tamahori and Sam Mendes in their first ever collaboration in a work of cinema.
  • echoecho 007 in New York

Directed by Lee Tamahori and Sam Mendes in their first ever collaboration in a work of cinema.

With John Gavin as 005 and James Brolin as 008. Title song "Do You Know Who's On Top?" based upon a newly-found scribble of three notes by John Barry and performed a cappella by Jack White, Lulu, and Dame Shirley Bassey in a first-ever trio for the franchise.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why not take that to the Bond 75 Production Thread?
    It's all in the plan.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Is the jigsaw killer working for EON now? How could they possibly have all this planned out ahead of time?
    The movie will be called Wave-Link. Trust him. He just knows.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

With John Gavin as 005 and James Brolin as 008. Title song "Do You Know Who's On Top?" based upon a newly-found scribble of three notes by John Barry and performed a cappella by Jack White, Lulu, and Dame Shirley Bassey in a first-ever trio for the franchise.

The score will be made solely by tracks from previous Bond films completely rearrenged by Michael Legrand.
    Walecs wrote: »

The score will be made solely by tracks from previous Bond films completely rearrenged by Michael Legrand.

Mendes might like that idea and wanna come back.

And Halle Berry might pop up every 10 minutes or so.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited November 2016 Posts: 3,157

Of course she might, she's playing Moneypenny after all (Naomi Harris will be promoted to Chief of Security, whereas Rory Kinnear is going to be our new M). Moreover, the actress demanded that her character should have a more signficant role, so at the end of the movie Moneypenny will be revealed the head of SPECTRE.

Of course she might, she's playing Moneypenny after all (Naomi Harris will be promoted to Chief of Security, whereas Rory Kinnear is going to be our new M). Moreover, the actress demanded that her character should have a more signficant role, so at the end of the movie Moneypenny will be revealed the head of SPECTRE.
    The author of all his pain.

The author of all his memos.

The author of all his memos.
    Harry Saltzman's portrait is seen in a black dossier, labeled as The Author. Subject: Pain.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    For the Nicolas Winding Refn fans out there, here is his response to being asked about taking on a Bond film by Loaded:

loaded: How about doing a James Bond film?

Refn: I’m a huge Bond fan and really like Daniel Craig as an actor, so I’m open to anything.

loaded: What do you thing you could bring to Bond?

Refn: Hard for me to say as it’s very successful and it would be wrong for me to criticise it. But I’ve always loved the James Bond character and all the movies. I’m excited to see what happens when Bond runs in to a single mum, that’s for sure.

loaded: Would you ever go down the route of the Timothy Dalton movies, with a more adult tone?

Refn: They were particularly nasty as I remember and I don’t really like that. For me Dr No and From Russia With Love are the blueprint of everything Bond.

The director, Terrence Young created what is now the established world of Bond. He’s more of an average kind of guy who is in dire situations. It was before the gadgets got too out of hand – even though I love the gadgets.

For me, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service is a masterpiece. It’s just a really good story, great villain and a really heavy ending. That’s why it’s the greatest Bond movie ever made – it has true meaning to it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Hire this man immediately!
    I like that he made a distinction between the Dr No/FRWL type Bond films and the OHMSS type. This guy knows his stuff.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I like that he likes our current Bond actor (and that he understands OHMSS is a masterpiece)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, it would appear that he does indeed know what he's talking about.
  • echo wrote: »

Is this to imply Tamahori and Mendes have previously collaborated outside of cinema—and, er, in what capacity?

Those three notes were found in court to have originated from Monty Norman's mercifully unpublished, would-be smash hit "I Don't Know Is On Third." Credit where credit is due, after all!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Is this to imply Tamahori and Mendes have previously collaborated outside of cinema—and, er, in what capacity?

Those three notes were found in court to have originated from Monty Norman's mercifully unpublished, would-be smash hit "I Don't Know Is On Third." Credit where credit is due, after all!
    Fashion design, if I had to guess.
    jake24 wrote: »

Fashion design, if I had to guess.
    And interior decorating... with CGI.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'd love for Refn to get the job to finish Dan's era off. His visual style would give such a spooky look to things if they went all out and did a revenge story with Bond vs. Blofeld in the garden of death. Refn's garden of death would look legendary.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,116
    I'd love for Refn to get the job to finish Dan's era off. His visual style would give such a spooky look to things if they went all out and did a revenge story with Bond vs. Blofeld in the garden of death. Refn's garden of death would look legendary.

Yes I would think so... that's the only sequel to SP I'll really care to see.

Still think Madeleine should commit suicide in the garden ...not that I want death but fits psychological profile.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Refn, Campbell, or Villeneuve coupled with the Garden of Death would be equally perfect matches for all three.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 6,844

Yes, Refn would be the man to close out Craig's films (paving the way for Campbell to introduce 007 #7). He said pretty much the same thing the first time he was interviewed on Bond, about Dr. No and FRWL feeling like the truest incarnations of Bond for him and OHMSS being the best (although the bit about the Dalton films feeling nasty—"narsty"?—is new). I said it then, I'll say it again, let's see this man do a faithful YOLT. Still hope that's actually somehow secretly the up-in-the-air project he has with Purvis and Wade.
    If they're doing a follow up on the Daniel Craig SPECTRE mission, I hope they get to it quickly. The worst thing would be if we have to wait 4 years just to see the ending of the story.