No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    No kids in a Bond movie, please

Damn right. They ruined Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when 'Short Round' showed up.

Yea, Indy's only solo adventure without a sidekick was the first.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    No kids please.
  • Bibi anyone?

Lol!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Isn't the first child to be given a line of dialogue in the series the kid in DAF who complains about Tiffany winning the balloon game? Maybe Refn has a point.

@NicNac beat you to it. ;)
    I'm always slow off the mark ;)
  • It should be very telling that the only Bond films to feature kids in speaking roles are Diamonds Are Forever and The Man with the Golden Gun. Unless someone pulls some Aliens-style greatness out of the air, let's leave kids out.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Ms teenage kid will get kidnapped by Blofeld, Bond to the rescue :P
    sounds like P+W doesn't it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Thus James Bond Jr. becomes canon... =))
    Right now all i am hoping for is something OFFICIAL and POSITIVE in terms of news from Eon before Christmas?!!!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Right now all i am hoping for is something OFFICIAL and POSITIVE in terms of news from Eon before Christmas?!!!
    More unlikely by the day unfortunately.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

This Christmas?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Reading Refn’s comments have made me so eager for him to direct a Bond film. Watching his films I always find him to be overly-indulgent and self-serving. However, I really like them still…..he has a very distinctive point of view, Refn is very much a descendant of the Lars von Trier and Tarantino school of provocation. For example, ‘The Neon Demon’ is such a bizarre but exciting piece of cinema; it’s not for the weak-hearted or easily offended.

Refn clearly has good ideas and a pre-existing relationship with EON. In fairness, Refn is saying all the right things as well (his comments about FRWL and OHMSS are on the nose). I can imagine EON getting on board with him.

I also really like the idea of Bond encountering a single mother. It would give his relastionship with the female lead something a little different. In fact, it sounds very similar to Refn’s ‘Drive’…..

Do we want to see Bond looking after or protecting a child? We’ve never seen that in the series before. It could be interesting…..the recent Logan trailer seems to have a similar slant.

The idea of Bond with a child has been tossed around before.

I seem to recall that one of the original story ideas for TWINE was to give Bond a son. Maybe this was just posturing done in the tabloids, but there were reports that Bond would team up his son, who would be played by Ewan McGregor.

Also, we know that Paul Haggis’s original draft for QOS gave Vesper further motivation to betray MI6 as Quantum would have kidnapped her daughter. According to ‘Some Kind of Hero’ we know the film would have ended with Bond rescuing the child and dropping her off at an orphanage in Moscow. In the end Barbara Broccoli vetoed the idea as she felt Bond would not have treated an orphan in that way considering his own upbringing.

Before people cry bloody murder, there is a huge bit of precedent that strengthens the idea of giving Bond a child. In Fleming’s YOLT, Bond fathers a child with Kissy Suzeki. I think the kid even turns up in one of Raymond Benson’s novels.

If done well, this could be an interesting angle…..but it all depends on execution. I don’t want a relationship-drama about a reluctant father learning to love his kid. It has to be a little more sophisticated than that. It’s also a perfect idea for an outgoing Bond like Craig, it wouldn’t work with a new actor (once again see the Logan trailer).

Good lord, that sounds terrible.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Refn comes off as another Forster / Mendes type director, which is what I would like to see the series get away from.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Next MGM conference call? Should be a fun one.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    When is it?
    I've asked someone before but the date completely slipped my mind...
    When?
    2017 will have more news.
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    When?
    December 31st is the end of the 4th quarter, so probably then.
    jake24 wrote: »
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    When?
    December 31st is the end of the 4th quarter, so probably then.

Happy New Year!! Hoping... <:-P
    edited November 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Naomie Harris believes the current MI6 cast will continue beyond Craig's possible departure:
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/76681
  • Finally some good "news" this week! Not that I'm hoping Craig leaves us anytime soon, but I do really hope the current MI6 staff carry over to Bond #7. Both to maintain the tradition of bridging Bonds with regular cast, and because I think our current staff (Fiennes, Wishaw, Harris) are all fantastic. I especially hope Wishaw will remain our Q for decades to come, until the day he passes, to follow in the footsteps of Desmond Llewelyn.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    because I think our current staff (Fiennes, Wishaw, Harris) are all fantastic. I especially hope Wishaw will remain our Q for decades to come, until the day he passes, to follow in the footsteps of Desmond Llewelyn.
    Amen! Totally agree.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I for one would be glad if Whishaw and Kinnear leave... or even Harris. Not satisfied with either of them. Fiennes would be great to stay, however. He has the Bernard Lee type of M presence.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Fiennes is fienne, but Bernard Lee he is not. I doubt we will ever get such a good M again.
    We haven't seen much of him, yet. We will, if he stays. Right now, he's the second best M on my list.
    I like the whole crew, but especially Whishaw and Kinnear. Hopefully they go back to a few minutes of screen time in the next film, though.

I can't quite believe it's been a year and we still have no idea what is happening with the distributor situation, no idea what is happening with Daniel and no idea about production on Bond 25. You would think we would have heard something by now, especially if Bond 25 is coming out in 2018. They wouldn't be taking this long if they were sure that Daniel would return.
    A little advice to all the people recycling the same posts of "there's no Bond 25 news". When it comes, it comes. Be patient and wait for it. Some of us have already found distraction with a new Bond medium in the comic book market. And believe me, it's more than satisfying to say the least. Distract yourself with those.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2016 Posts: 23,883
    What I read from Harris's comment is she really has no clue. In fact, her first statement when asked is "They wipe the slate clean!". I am inclined to believe that this is in fact what they will do, although it's quite likely they'll keep one actor for continuity and tradition's sake.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Makes one wonder why they bothered reintroducing Q and MP at all if the current actors would only do 2 films. The producers should have known for certain that after SF the intention would be Craig would do at least 2 more films, otherwise they should have just let the Craig era really be self contained and then reintroduce Q and MP with the 7th Bond actor.