No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    200_s.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    bondjames wrote: »
    I think both Dalton and Craig said in the past that they weren't sure whether Bond would be back. Dalton reportedly said it around the time of LTK's release, and Craig definitely said it after QoS's release, as we were in the midst of the financial crisis and the MGM troubles.

Well, they were both wrong, and so is anyone contemplating that now. One thing is for certain. James Bond will return......

Fleming wasn t sure if Bond would be back after his fifth novel.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 2,107
    If I remember correctly, Spectre had the biggst box office results ever in my country. It had mixed reviews, but the man who introdused me to Bond, my father, thought it was best of the Craig films. You cant argue with the man. Okay, I can. CR > SP. Still, I dont find it a failure. I'd take another SP, or even QoS over another overhyped Skyfail.
    Nobody knows. It could very well be that the film will hit theaters in November 2018.
    But it's as likely that Craig is done (for whatever reason) and BB/MGW will waste endless time and Bond 25 will hit the screens in 2020.

It really could go either way. I'm opting for the former. I'd love a new film in 2018 and as far as I'm concerned its still possible.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    2020? 5 years without a Bond movie? There's no way I can live to that.
    It won't take 5 years. That's just poor hyperbole.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Yes, it's still possible for B25 to release in 2018, but it is becoming very unlikely. EON would have to show real hustle in the next few months to make that happen. if we don't hear anything between now and the end of the year, I believe that ship will have sailed.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The internet really meant a paradigm shift, didn t it? If no one heard any Bond news a year after the last premiere before, no one raised an eyebrow.
    Yes, it's still possible for B25 to release in 2018, but it is becoming very unlikely. EON would have to show real hustle in the next few months to make that happen. if we don't hear anything between now and the end of the year, I believe that ship will have sailed.
    Nothing they haven't accomplished in the past. They really had to book it to get TND ready for a December release date after commencing in April. Then again, DAF started in April and was also out Christmas decades earlier. Unless the current Eon team is truly a group of slacking wusses, a deadline is nothing they can't meet. I'd say it really depends on where they're at in the development process. It does sound like Eon haven't even begun to contemplate the next film- in other words- right now, there is no next film. if that's the case then certainly 2019 at the earliest.
    Maybe there is a lot more happening behind the closed doors, than we know. Just because the movie isn't out next year, doesn't mean there couldn't be story ideas being thrown around. Just because of the producers doing a few stageplays and the situation with mgm, doesn't have to mean everything has to be in standstill situation.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Personally, I don't care if Craig is done or not. Just give me a decent film with decently portrayed James Bond amidst the spotlight, and I'll be happy.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Murdock wrote: »

Is it though?

There was a 6 year gap between LTK and GE and then there was a 4 year gap between DAD and CR and then there was a 4 year gap between QoS and SF....and we're currently without a distributor which was supposed to have been sorted out back in February.

I'm not saying we're going to get a 5 year gap but I don't think it's a stretch for such a case to be a reality given the state of things.
    doubleoego wrote: »

Is it though?

There was a 6 year gap between LTK and GE and then there was a 4 year gap between DAD and CR and then there was a 4 year gap between QoS and SF....and we're currently without a distributor which was supposed to have been sorted out back in February.

I'm not saying we're going to get a 5 year gap but I don't think it's a stretch for such a case to be a reality given the state of things.

Also the "there's no rush" attitude during that MGM conference call months ago. We could be in for a very long wait, actually.
    That said, I'm still optimistic for 2018 until we get an announcement with a release date that says otherwise. I'm hoping there has been at least something going on in development towards B25 this year.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The internet really meant a paradigm shift, didn t it? If no one heard any Bond news a year after the last premiere before, no one raised an eyebrow.

A thought I've had a lot, @Thunderfinger. It's like SP came out ten years ago to some.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 832
    Bond is dead because the producers don't want/ don't know how to make bond films. Now by no means is this a conjectural statement. I know very little about film production myself, and don't claim to. From the perspective of a fan, though, it's easily observable where the producers are consistently going wrong. The problem is not at all pr or lack of a market.
    I might be missing something but... what's all this "Bond is dead" statement about?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Bond is dead because the producers don't want/ don't know how to make bond films. Now by no means is this a conjectural statement. I know very little about film production myself, and don't claim to. From the perspective of a fan, though, it's easily observable where the producers are consistently going wrong. The problem is not at all pr or lack of a market.

The melodrama is most amusing, but in a time where Bond's never been so successful outside of the Connery era, I'd say we're just fine.

I've never seen so many people lose their heads over not getting a substantial update a year after a Bond film released, like it's something we've never seen before. Calm the hell down and grow some patience is all I can say. We've been here before, and we'll get through it all the same if we don't act like idiots ever waking moment of every day.

This thread is the equivalent of a bus full of school kids that are constantly haranguing their driver with cries of, "Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?!" to which the driver responds, "Are you serious? We haven't even driven a mile yet!"
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »

The melodrama is most amusing, but in a time where Bond's never been so successful outside of the Connery era, I'd say we're just fine.

I've never seen so many people lose their heads over not getting a substantial update a year after a Bond film released, like it's something we've never seen before. Calm the hell down and grow some patience is all I can say. We've been here before, and we'll get through it all the same if we don't act like idiots ever waking moment of every day.

This thread is the equivalent of a bus full of school kids that are constantly haranguing their driver with cries of, "Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?!" to which the driver responds, "Are you serious? We haven't even driven a mile yet!"

Can we stop?? I gotta go!! ...oh and @Wizard keeps glaring at me!!
    I definitely don't think the Bond series is going to die anytime soon, but a drought should be expected until Bond 25. Hopefully, if Craig doesn't continue, they find a good replacement. I'd rather wait years longer for a good Bond than less time for a bad one.
    This is the problem with the cyber age. People demand information so fast and when they don't get it the moment they cry out in terror. NO NEWS IN MONTHS! GAME OVER MAN! Just have some patience and spend time doing something else until the tide blows over.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited November 2016 Posts: 11,139
    This is the problem with the cyber age. People demand information so fast and when they don't get it the moment they cry out in terror. NO NEWS IN MONTHS! GAME OVER MAN! Just have some patience and spend time doing something else until the tide blows over.

565acd85c73c67112aaa603b44c8e5e9.gif
    Precisely.

Yes, this is the instant gratification age, or as I like to call it, the patience deficiency age. The moment fans leave the theater after a Bond film they're downright disgusted that a new one hasn't been cast, shot, edited and released before they get back to their cars.

Yes, this is the instant gratification age, or as I like to call it, the patience deficiency age. The moment fans leave the theater after a Bond film they're downright disgusted that a new one hasn't been cast, shot, edited and released before they get back to their cars.
    I admit to being diseased with that illness. :))

But, logic comes first.

But, logic comes first.

Would you mind spreading that message to the others?

But, logic comes first.

Would you mind spreading that message to the others?
    I'll be the required messiah to those who seek me. :D
    Perhaps we can send our fellow friends here who think Bond is dead or won't be returning for 5 years, John Barry's entire body of work and force them to listen to every track uninterrupted to help take their minds off this wait. ;)
    Perhaps we can send our fellow friends here who think Bond is dead or won't be returning for 5 years, John Barry's entire body of work and force them to listen to every track uninterrupted to help take their minds off this wait. ;)

I'm actually listening to Bond title songs now, and just watched 2 Bond films earlier! These last few days have been my most Bond-ish mood in a long time!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,459
    Thursday patience song are present by Rory Kinnear Naomi Harris for his majestys M.. but sorry for her he only have intrest in Quantum.

Friday wait song are present by Sam Mendes Dominic Green.. (Directer is not rated..) 8-X

Couse my roots they run deep
    They're whispering, You're out of time.
    But stil i will rise
    When you think the final nail is in think again
    Don't be surprised i stil will rise

Bonus houre from last weak present: Meet MGM brother..

Then we finaly meet the authors of all the pain.. it is matter of..

Is it..

and then we end where it all begon with DC era back in 2006 when we get the warning..

Balje, you are a man of infinite mystery and I have no idea what in the hell you just said.