No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Haha! Love the title! :D
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    A nice little article that lays out the direction the next Bond film should take:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/james-bond/257462/james-bond-its-time-to-return-to-absurdity-with-love

One of the best analysis of the Bond franchise I have ever read! And I totally agree.
    Thanks for posting.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    A nice little article that lays out the direction the next Bond film should take:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/james-bond/257462/james-bond-its-time-to-return-to-absurdity-with-love

Yes thanks for posting. Great article. I'm not completely sure if it's absurdity as much as we quality. The raw blunt instrument with wit and carelessness wrapped in the best wardrobe of an gentleman. Not a sentimental tortured soul like Batman.

Oh and a decent gunbarrel.... and umm Emily Blunt.

:x
    Yes Emily Blunt would make a great Bond girl.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Indeed. But I don't think she'd do it in a million years.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Too much of big egos?
    jake24 wrote: »

Well, at this rate it may be a million years :(
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Yes thanks for posting. Great article. I'm not completely sure if it's absurdity as much as we quality. The raw blunt instrument with wit and carelessness wrapped in the best wardrobe of an gentleman. Not a sentimental tortured soul like Batman.

Oh and a decent gunbarrel.... and umm Emily Blunt. :x
    Totally in agreement with this article. +1 to Blunt, no matter how unlikely, as well.
    bondjames wrote: »

Totally in agreement with this article. +1 to Blunt, no matter how unlikely, as well.

Yes I think I agree with the article and you as well. As you've said before the execution has to be too notch. TSWLM in my opinion saved Bond back in the seventies just like GE did in the nineties. B25 I honestly believe has that same pressure.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Yes I think I agree with the article and you as well. As you've said before the execution has to be too notch. TSWLM in my opinion saved Bond back in the seventies just like GE did in the nineties. B25 I honestly believe has that same pressure.

Yes, I agree. It's all on the line with B25.

Yes, I agree. It's all on the line with B25.

Thanks @Mendes4Lyfe ...and oops typo meant top not too. Oh well.
    Babs and MGW are allowed other interests. Besides? The director calls the shots on these production don't they? Babs and MGW just over see it like they do with Bond don't they?
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    Hello all,

my first thought when discovering this thread:

oh WOW, Bond Production No 25 must be under way!

after reading through 503 pages, which took me only 8 hours 10 minutes my thoughts are:
    censored for bad language

of course I did not read through it all ;)

I guess it will come down to this: PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

...have a croissant, relax, a nice glass of wine, Bond 25 will come our way when it's time.

Give the good people that brought us so many fabulous adventures a rest. They are not robots, don't you think?
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 2,107
    It'll be rather sooner than later. I don't believe in all of this doom and gloom talk floating around here lately.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SharkBait wrote: »
    It'll be rather sooner than later. I don't believe in all of this doom and gloom talk floating around here lately.
    Me neither, @SharkBait. It's like people haven't ever had to wait for something in their lives before this moment. Patience really is a virtue, and apparently a damn hard one to keep.
  • SharkBait wrote: »

I do. Bond is dead.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 15,850
    The gloom and doom opinion in me firmly believes BOND 25 will actually end up being the last film in the Eon series. Each passing decade sees less Bond films so it by my calculations, we'd get one final film in the 2020s. I don't believe for a minute Eon would sell their family business so that some random company could make their own Bond films. For example, Clint Eastwood will never make a 007 film with his Malpaso Company.
    The optimistic opinion I have is that B25 will re-establish the classic Bond and secure the series future and Craig will sign on for 2 more after this one completing 7 films in all.
    OR, Eon will re-cast go back to the 2 year intervals and the new Bond in B25 will secure the series' future like PB did in GE. :)
    I'm not sure which opinion is the more realistic, but I'd prefer the latter.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2016 Posts: 17,852
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    SharkBait wrote: »

I do. Bond is dead.

That's the spirit that won the war!
    I don't believe Bond is dead by any means. Craig's Bond might be through no fault of his own but once rumors start flying again then interest with bloom.

Bond still makes headlines. And yes I believe Bond is going to have to overcome SP ...and yes I believe Bond lost some of his newfound audience because of SP. They aren't vetted like most of us.

But no Bond is not dead.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jake24 wrote: »

And by then she would be too old.
    I don't believe Bond is dead by any means. Craig's Bond might be through no fault of his own but once rumors start flying again then interest with bloom.

Bond still makes headlines. And yes I believe Bond is going to have to overcome SP ...and yes I believe Bond lost some of his newfound audience because of SP. They aren't vetted like most of us.

But no Bond is not dead.

I love the positivity!!!! Yes, once things get rolling it will be huge. Once the film premieres theatres will be packed.
    Considering how long the wait will probably be, I'm not very optimistic about Craig returning at this point. Time will tell, but this might well end up being our longest wait for a Bond film.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Bond died!?! When? Haha yeah right Bond is invincible and he'll be back better than either. It's a pity impatience can just kill someone's enthusiasm like a blowtorch through butter. Stay optimistic.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I think both Dalton and Craig said in the past that they weren't sure whether Bond would be back. Dalton reportedly said it around the time of LTK's release, and Craig definitely said it after QoS's release, as we were in the midst of the financial crisis and the MGM troubles.

Well, they were both wrong, and so is anyone contemplating that now. One thing is for certain. James Bond will return......
    All that talk about "overcome SP" (sorry @mcdonbb nothing against you of course)
    is silly.

SP was a HUGE success with the audience or do people believe you make 880 million BO if the movie doesn't resonate well?

Also in many countries SP did almost as well as SF, in some ticket sales even exceeded SFs.
    I know SP has been dividing critics (between US critics and the rest of the world) and is controversial between die-hard fans like us.
    But Bond has never been as alive as now.

In fact it is hard to imagine it will get any better than that soon. How could it, after the two most successful Bond films in the series.

At most we will get another film that does well with the audience and produce another circa 880 million BO success.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Considering how long the wait will probably be, I'm not very optimistic about Craig returning at this point. Time will tell, but this might well end up being our longest wait for a Bond film.

It's not going to take longer than the length of the post-LTK hiatus to get Bond 25. That's just silly.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,116
    I think both Dalton and Craig said in the past that they weren't sure whether Bond would be back. Dalton reportedly said it around the time of LTK's release, and Craig definitely said it after QoS's release, as we were in the midst of the financial crisis and the MGM troubles.

Well, they were both wrong, and so is anyone contemplating that now. One thing is for certain. James Bond will return......

And with that great comment cue Bond theme ...loud and triumphantly!!!

And no offense taken at all @BondJasonBond006
    FoxRox wrote: »

It's not going to take longer than the length of the post-LTK hiatus to get Bond 25. That's just silly.

Not necessarily, but it's possible. I'm just bracing for the worst over here!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Here's how to prepare for the worst, just listen to this and many Bond soundtracks in the meantime. :D
    Nobody knows. It could very well be that the film will hit theaters in November 2018.
    But it's as likely that Craig is done (for whatever reason) and BB/MGW will waste endless time and Bond 25 will hit the screens in 2020.