No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Risico007 wrote: »
    My big fear is bond 25 will see everyone essentially return

Sony distributes Purvis Wade and Butterworth write the script Newman scores Mendes Directs Craig is back etc

Exactly. Complacency is not a luxury this franchise can afford. I don't want to see things reach the point where another drastic reboot is needed to right the ship.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    More upsetting news Fassbender feels he is far too old to be 007 and feels they should reboot again

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/michael-fassbender

Though reading his idea (while many will complain about it no doubt) I got a weird Carte Blanche vibe from it....

I still maintain I would be ok with the video Games and films being separate provided we could get an actor of Hardy or Fassbender caliber for the video games as well as obviously that caliber for the films.

Yeah..........Fassbender thinks Bond should be in his early twenties? That would be fine if Eon were planning a reboot focusing on Bond's Eton (or the film Bond's Cambridge) years. Or his Navy career. My feeling is "f*** that". I'd maybe be open if it were along the side-maybe a television miniseries or something while Eon continued to produce big screen films. I think we've had enough Bond origin films for a loooooooooooong while.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Chris Vance. My choice.

I bloody love Transporter The Series :D
    That makes two of us, @BondJasonBond006. :D

Also, check him out in the second episode of Hawaii Five-O's Season 7.

3o6Zt1YTwDiy3WjBpS.gif

Wait, that went too fast. Who's the stylish guy in the suit and how did the people around him fall down? Are they sick? I bet it was tummy aches.
    Chris Vance. My choice.

3o6Zt1YTwDiy3WjBpS.gif

Wow! Never seen him before this clip. Chris Vance- I like his style. He's 44 but looks closer to 35. If Eon went with someone like THAT to replace Craig I'd be thrilled.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited November 2016 Posts: 15,423
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Chris Vance. My choice.

3o6Zt1YTwDiy3WjBpS.gif

Wow! Never seen him before this clip. Chris Vance- I like his style. He's 44 but looks closer to 35. If Eon went with someone like THAT to replace Craig I'd be thrilled.
    @ToTheRight, trust me you won't be disappointed with my recommendation. :D

Try Transporter: The Series, which is based on Jason Statham's famous Transporter trilogy and is a fair continuation of. Unlike the recent installment (reboot) in the film series. Chris Vance plays the character like he was playing a combination of James Bond and Simon Templar in the series.

And like I said, watch Hawaii Five-O's Season 7 Episode 2. There's a lot of jab at The James Bond saga there as well as elements inspired by both the novels and the films. :D
    Chris Vance. My choice.

3o6Zt1YTwDiy3WjBpS.gif

Try Transporter: The Series, which is based on Jason Statham's famous Transporter trilogy and is a fair continuation of. Unlike the recent installment (reboot) in the film series. Chris Vance plays the character like he was playing a combination of James Bond and Simon Templar in the series.

And like I said, watch Hawaii Five-O's Season 7 Episode 2. There's a lot of jab at The James Bond saga there as well as elements inspired by both the novels and the films. :D

Very cool! I'll have to check those out. I'm looking him up as we speak--looks' like he's on Supergirl as Non as well. His haircut in the photos I'm seeing is a bit like Craig's, and he seems to have a Connery ruggedness, and dashing at the same time.
    I want to see that Hawaii Five-O episode- sounds great.
    Chris Vance. My choice.

3o6Zt1YTwDiy3WjBpS.gif

Very cool! I'll have to check those out. I'm looking him up as we speak--looks' like he's on Supergirl as Non as well. His haircut in the photos I'm seeing is a bit like Craig's, and he seems to have a Connery ruggedness, and dashing at the same time.
    Yes, most of the time, his haircut is similar to that of Craig's. However, he's definitely more in the vein of Sean Connery rather than Craig persona-wise. Gentlemanly, rugged, thuggish when required, suave, rogue, and definitely charismatic.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Chris Vance. My choice.

3o6Zt1YTwDiy3WjBpS.gif

This whole beat up bad guys and adjust suit/cuffs is so fake, I wish people would stop this.
    Chris Vance. My choice.

3o6Zt1YTwDiy3WjBpS.gif

This whole beat up bad guys and adjust suit/cuffs is so fake, I wish people would stop this.
    That was the point of the episode. It was pointing out who or what his character is.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Chris Vance. My choice.

3o6Zt1YTwDiy3WjBpS.gif

Yes, most of the time, his haircut is similar to that of Craig's. However, he's definitely more in the vein of Sean Connery rather than Craig persona-wise. Gentlemanly, rugged, thuggish when required, suave, rogue, and definitely charismatic.

I'll have to check that out. Haven't seen Transporter: The Series and I guess I could sit through 45 minutes or so of 5O.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Chris Vance. My choice.

3o6Zt1YTwDiy3WjBpS.gif

I'll have to check that out. Haven't seen Transporter: The Series and I guess I could sit through 45 minutes or so of 5O.
    You won't be disappointed, @mcdonbb. Not a big fan of Five-O's new series myself, but that one episode is worth it. A very fun episode for the Bond fans... But, not for those who nitpick.
    Chris Vance. My choice.

3o6Zt1YTwDiy3WjBpS.gif

You won't be disappointed, @mcdonbb. Not a big fan of Five-O's new series myself, but that one episode is worth it. A very fun episode for the Bond fans... But, not for those who nitpick.

I'm sure I'll will enjoy that one to be honest.
  • RC7RC7
    Generic man beats up other men. Adjusts suit.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    edited November 2016 Posts: 292
    PRODUCING THE PRODUCER - In 2017, Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson are to co-produce a new work on the rich and varied career of 70s movie producer Robert Evans....

http://markoconnell.co.uk/producing-the-producer-bond-producers-set-to-produce-the-tale-of-one-of-seventies-cinemas-key-names/
  • RC7RC7
    PRODUCING THE PRODUCER - In 2017, Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson are to co-produce a new work on the rich and varied career of 70s movie producer Robert Evans....

http://markoconnell.co.uk/producing-the-producer-bond-producers-set-to-produce-the-tale-of-one-of-seventies-cinemas-key-names/

That's co-produce guys, before you all throw yourselves in front of a train.
  • Just wish they would get back to the proper Bond films of the Sir Roger Moore era ...none of this dark depressing stuff. Bond to me is about watching a film that makes you want to be Bond ...jokes, gadgets, girls...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The Moore era largely sucked imo. Proper Bond films for me are the first 4, OHMSS, LALD, TSWLM, OP, TLD, LTK, GE, CR, QoS and to some extent SF.
    MrBenn wrote: »
    Just wish they would get back to the proper Bond films of the Sir Roger Moore era ...none of this dark depressing stuff. Bond to me is about watching a film that makes you want to be Bond ...jokes, gadgets, girls...
    Only few of us think like that, here. ;)
    Just wish they would get back to the proper Bond films of the Sir Roger Moore era ...none of this dark depressing stuff. Bond to me is about watching a film that makes you want to be Bond ...jokes, gadgets, girls...

I like a bit of both.

I like a bit of both.
    I do love a bit of darkness in Bond. But, depressing, emotional, melodramatic stuff? I'd rather jump off the bridge than watch another Skyfall. :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud at that. If we never get anything like the Moore era again (or Brosnan to some extent), it'll be too soon.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The Moore era largely sucked imo. Proper Bond films for me are the first 4, OHMSS, LALD, TSWLM, OP, TLD, LTK, GE, CR, QoS and to some extent SF.

Anything Terence Young and Peter Hunt touched, for me. DN and FRWL are the films I think of when I contemplate what it means to be a proper Bond film, before the formula got corrupted.

The Craig era has been a return to that, with an edge.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited November 2016 Posts: 3,157
    I guess it's a matter of personal taste. I'd rather watch any of the Craig's films than any of Connery*/Moore/Brosnan's, even though I love those as well.

*unless it's From Russia With Love
    I don't know ...there's enough variety there to pick and choose depending on what mood I'm in.

I grew up on Moore so I have a bit of a nostalgic soft spot for those films.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    doubleoego wrote: »

Have to agree with you on that one. +1
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 12,273
    The Moore era is very hit-and miss for me. TSWLM is one of my favorite Bond films (#7), but also the only Moore outing in my Top 10. I enjoy FYEO and LALD a lot and have them at #12 and #13. Those are the only 3 I usually rewatch outside of Bondathons though. TMWTGG and OP sit at #19 and #20 on my list, and they're each a mixed bag for me. AVTAK and MR take my bottom two spots at #23 and #24.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So Craig is out and Moore is back in for B25?
    Yep. They're setting up the storyline for a film adaptation of James Bond Jr. starring Jamie Bell.

Bond faces Blofeld and all the remaining SPECTRE members one last time in a food fight in the mess room of London's Sunnyshire retirement home, where they're all residents.

Bond faces Blofeld and all the remaining SPECTRE members one last time in a food fight in the mess room of London's Sunnyshire retirement home, where they're all residents.
    So, basically...

So, basically...

Those were some good impressions, haha.