No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,116
    8-X >-) :O) >:) ....trick or treat!!! ...unfortunately this delay is a tad scary
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Who's to say we won't get B25 in 2018? Production could start in late 2017 similar to how SPECTRE did in late 2014.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Some people have some crystal balls. ;)
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Who's to say we won't get B25 in 2018? Production could start in late 2017 similar to how SPECTRE did in late 2014.
    Or in January of 2018. Actually, like TND, filming could even commence as last as April and still be out by December.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Or in January of 2018. Actually, like TND, filming could even commence as last as April and still be out by December.

Not nowadays. We are not in the nineties anymore.
    CR and QoS both had January start dates.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Some people have some crystal balls. ;)

Well I don't have umm crystal balls
    :D
    If the film were coming out in 2018 you would hear more rumors right around now into early to mid 2017.

By April 2014 Waltz, Seydoux, & somewhat of a script were already in place.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Seydoux was cast in April 2014. Considering they haven't got the bare bones of a script yet, it seems highly unlikely that they'll start casting actors near the middle of next year.
    Funny how this is flip flopping from yes 2018 can be it, no it can't be, yes it can.

Just sit back, breathe deeply, and think about this logically. Recall the last few times after a Bond has been out one year.

Still believe in a 2018 release? Sure, and next week aliens will invade Earth.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Don't be a Tanner. :P
    They really cant wait until 2019/2020. Craig wont come back. They should try summer of 19 at the latest.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    it's absurd to read all the BB and DC haters pontificate that the end is nigh. Being involved in a theatrical production is so very different than being a producer on a film, and both can be done simultaneously, as Scott Rudin proves as he produces plays, TVs and films at the same time.

Jeezus haters, give it a rest. Producers should be doing a variety of projects, but, because they are stretching their wings, doesn't mean it defaults them from doing anything else.

Tuck91 wrote: »
    They really cant wait until 2019/2020. Craig wont come back. They should try summer of 19 at the latest.

I do feel it will be too late for Craig by then. Especially since 2009 would once again entail re-introducing the franchise. There would be absolutely no point in starting up again with a Bond in what would most likely be his last film. After 6 years Tim was game for doing just the one, and Cubby wanted him to commit to more than that. It seems four years is the time limit to start renegotiating contracts. After the 4 year gap post QoS, Craig signed for 3 more films. Two of which were honored and the last we were told was an open contract. Not sure how accurate I have it there, but it would appear after 4 years, the producers always want to secure a Bond for the next three films.
    My feeling is if it's 2019, Craig will bail and they will have to start over again.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited November 2016 Posts: 8,090
    Craig said regarding Bond 25 during his interview "There's no conversation going on" and "everybody's just a bit tired". That was less than a month ago. Something about that tells me they aren't about to leap into action and film a YOLT style epic finale to the Craig era in time to hit theatres Nov 2018. I think summer 2019 is the earliest time to expect B25 to release, with or without Craig.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2016 Posts: 28,694
    People don't seem to mind Craig being quoted out of context when it sounds like he is willing to return. After spending a year telling us that the wrist slashing comments were out of context and bad reporting "just for a headline", look how many have jumped on the "I'd miss it terribly" comment as some kind of tacit admission that he will return. In one case he is being totally honest and forthright, in the other he is "obviously just exaggerating". It's reassuring to know that there are those out there ready and willing to decipher Craig's comments for us, and tell us in which instances he means what he says.

That's rich talk coming from someone who treated mere bookie bets on actors like dear old Aidan Turner as a sure-fire guarantee that his casting was imminent in the summer. We're nearing winter now, by the way.

Before one accuses others of shatting themselves, one should first be certain that nothing is running down their own leg.

The lack of logical thought that goes on here so often is utterly horrifying. Am I being pranked? Where are the cameras at?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    People don't seem to mind Craig being quoted out of context when it sounds like he is willing to return. After spending a year telling us that the wrist slashing comments were out of context and bad reporting "just for a headline", look how many have jumped on the "I'd miss it terribly" comment as some kind of tacit admission that he will return. In one case he is being totally honest and forthright, in the other he is "obviously just exaggerating". It's reassuring to know that there are those out there ready and willing to decipher Craig's comments for us, and tell us in which instances he means what he says.

That's rich talk coming from someone who treated mere bookie bets on actors like dear old Aidan Turner as a sure-fire guarantee that his casting was imminent in the summer. We're nearing winter know, by the way.

Before one accuses others of shatting themselves, one should first be certain that nothing is running down their own leg.

The lack of logical thought that goes on here so often is utterly horrifying. Am I being pranked? Where are the cameras at?

+1

@Mendes does have a point though.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    peter wrote: »

That's rich talk coming from someone who treated mere bookie bets on actors like dear old Aidan Turner as a sure-fire guarantee that his casting was imminent in the summer. We're nearing winter know, by the way.

+1
    +1

This thread is absolutely bonkers.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Could Craig gave meant tired regarding trying to get B25 as opposed to just tired? SP obviously had a turbulent path that didn't let up after the film released.

More so than SF I believe.
    I think it's really to do with MGM. It's telling that no distribution negotiations have taken place. They are waiting until they can distribute themselves.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    I think it's really to do with MGM. It's telling that no distribution negotiations have taken place. They are waiting until they can distribute themselves.

Yup I think I heard or read that too.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Warner Bros may be out of the 007 hunt with MGM - MI6

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/warner-bros-may-be-out-of-the-007-hunt-with-mgm-161031
    Depressing.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2016 Posts: 23,883
    The way things are going in the entertainment industry, if MGM ever goes public, it will find itself snapped up on the open market by a larger studio. So all of this convoluted meandering may ultimately result in someone like Time Warner buying them out anyway. Consolidation is the name of the game in the industry these days, as corporates try to buy up the entire chain, from artistic content to distribution channels.

Having said that, it looks like the Justice Dept. and the FCC will throw up a lot of roadblocks to the proposed ATT/Time Warner merger, and some notable politicians are against it, so it may never happen.

On a related note, I was reading recently that Inferno (the latest Dan Brown adaptation starring Tom Hanks) has already made back its budget and then some overseas, but has bombed in the US. The article speculated that more studios will be looking at options to achieve big results in foreign markets, because the domestic market is becoming quite difficult to predict, and big tentpole franchises are sometimes under performing relative to expectations here (it's increasingly fickle). This could have implications for the next Bond film (perhaps more China or India sequences/filming etc.).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Could Craig gave meant tired regarding trying to get B25 as opposed to just tired?

I think he meant they are all stoned every day.
    Could Craig gave meant tired regarding trying to get B25 as opposed to just tired?

I think he meant they are all stoned every day.

@-)
    Could Craig gave meant tired regarding trying to get B25 as opposed to just tired? SP obviously had a turbulent path that didn't let up after the film released.

More so than SF I believe.

Or maybe he meant everyone is just tired of Bond? Similar to eating the same high school cafeteria lunch everyday and the only meal served was an astonishingly nasty Salisbury steak with boxed mashed potatoes. One might get tired of that fairly quick.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    They have the weight of 24 films hanging over them.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondjames wrote: »
    The way things are going in the entertainment industry, if MGM ever goes public, it will find itself snapped up on the open market by a larger studio. So all of this convoluted meandering may ultimately result in someone like Time Warner buying them out anyway. Consolidation is the name of the game in the industry these days, as corporates try to buy up the entire chain, from artistic content to distribution channels.

Having said that, it looks like the Justice Dept. and the FCC will throw up a lot of roadblocks to the proposed ATT/Time Warner merger, and some notable politicians are against it, so it may never happen.

On a related note, I was reading recently that Inferno (the latest Dan Brown adaptation starring Tom Hanks) has already made back its budget and then some overseas, but has bombed in the US. The article speculated that more studios will be looking at options to achieve big results in foreign markets, because the domestic market is becoming quite difficult to predict, and big tentpole franchises are sometimes under performing relative to expectations here (it's increasingly fickle). This could have implications for the next Bond film (perhaps more China or India sequences/filming etc.).

This is precisely why it feels like there's so much pandering shown towards China. It's the second largest market for film and the opportunity to do big business over there can make a world of difference. However, the problem with overseas box office is, Studios lose out on more money than they'd like when compared to percentages taken out domestically.

Suicide Squad and Deadpool made over $700 million without a China release. Had they been released over there, both films could have made over $800 million and boosted their already impressive profit margins, especially in Deadpool's case. However, as it stands for the time being if a movie is bombing at the domestic BO no amount of overseas money stops it from being a failure. Terminator Genysis is a primary example of this. They had plans for the next 2 movies and a release date for the next one but it all got scrapped all because of its pitiful domestic take.