No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,116
    If they wait til 2022 they can celebrate Bond's 60th anniversary on screen :D

I'll be dead by then probably :-L
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    This brings some unfortunate flashbacks:
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_23_report_aprb10c.php3
    I doubt the situation is as dire as it was back in 2010.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    MGM must be playing hard ball.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    What has MGM to do with it? BB and MGW obviously lost interest in producing a new Bond anytime soon.
    What has MGM to do with it? BB and MGW obviously lost interest in producing a new Bond anytime soon.
    MGM has been twiddling their thumbs looking for a new distributor hindering what EON can do. I've mentioned this, many times.
    Murdock wrote: »
    MGM has been twiddling their thumbs looking for a new distributor hindering what EON can do. I've mentioned this, many times.

That's why B and M are producing other projects? Doubt it.

That's why B and M are producing other projects? Doubt it.

People get bored of waiting on people to do something so they will move on to do something else if they feel like it.
    Once again, B25 will be yet another Bond film that has to re-introduce the character to a new generation of audiences. It will need to prove itself to movie goers who were brought up on Pirates/Caribbean, Harry Potter, Marvel Universe etc etc. Audiences who believe movies actually began with Cameron's Titanic.
    That means we'll probably get, (yawn) yet another introduction to the Aston Martin, the vodka martini etc etc
    This will all be a big deal because Bond would have been away from the screen for so long. Eon will have to prove Bond is still relevant to the hip and trendy audiences of the 2020's, who will actually confuse the gunbarrel with a camera lense aperture. Mainly because the previous generation was deprived of a traditional gunbarrel sequence for so long, they won't know what it is.
    It will be pointless to re-introduce the series with an actor nearing the end of his Bond term, so Craig will probably be out.
    I repeat "oh for f***'s sake!"
  • peterpeter Toronto

What?!?!?!?! That's nonsense! They can't produce a film without distribution rights in place.

If they make a deal with Sony tomorrow, Babs and MGW can start development on a film as they produce a stage play (two different beasts).

P
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,116
    M & B haven't stopped working obviously.. their partner MGM is holding everything up. MGM is Bond's biggest albatross. I hate Bond being shackled to that chronically near dead studio. I don't want Bond to die with them as they rush Ben Hur 2 and Hot Tub Time Pirates into production.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Once again, B25 will be yet another Bond film that has to re-introduce the character to a new generation of audiences. It will need to prove itself to movie goers who were brought up on Pirates/Caribbean, Harry Potter, Marvel Universe etc etc. Audiences who believe movies actually began with Cameron's Titanic.
    That means we'll probably get, (yawn) yet another introduction to the Aston Martin, the vodka martini etc etc
    This will all be a big deal because Bond would have been away from the screen for so long. Eon will have to prove Bond is still relevant to the hip and trendy audiences of the 2020's, who will actually confuse the gunbarrel with a camera lense aperture. Mainly because the previous generation was deprived of a traditional gunbarrel sequence for so long, they won't know what it is.
    It will be pointless to re-introduce the series with an actor nearing the end of his Bond term, so Craig will probably be out.

I want to laugh at your fine humour, but the whole matter is too depressing.
    ...camera lense aperture... lol ...spot-on I'm afraid
    In a perfect world, MGM would sell EON their distribution rights to EON so they could start work on B25, but sadly that probably won't happen.

Glad you appreciated it. Feasibly, Mickey G and Barbara could finish the run of the play in April, and for all we know writers may be tossing ideas around as we speak. A rough draft could be ready by then and get straight to work on Bond once the show closes,
    It's a play. Once the show opens the producers don't have to be there. No reason they can't be working on Bond while that goes on. I'm still optimistic for 2018.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Very true. I feel Martin Campbell is the only solution.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Calliope wrote: »
    At the risk of bringing more speculation here...

BB and MGW will be producing another play, this time in the West End - "The Kid Stays in the Picture", based on Robert Evans' autobiography. That runs until April 2017. So that may put things off even more.

http://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/sam-mendes-to-direct-new-jez-butterworth-play_42131.html

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

empty.jpg

BB and MGW will be producing another play, this time in the West End - "The Kid Stays in the Picture", based on Robert Evans' autobiography. That runs until April 2017. So that may put things off even more.

http://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/sam-mendes-to-direct-new-jez-butterworth-play_42131.html

Dont see why they cant do both. The play and Bond 25

Glad you appreciated it. Feasibly, Mickey G and Barbara could finish the run of the play in April, and for all we know writers may be tossing ideas around as we speak. A rough draft could be ready by then and get straight to work on Bond once the show closes,
    It's a play. Once the show opens the producers don't have to be there. No reason they can't be working on Bond while that goes on. I'm still optimistic for 2018.

EXACTLY. Im not ruling out 2018 until at least July 2017.

There is still time for 2018
    Exactly. Enough of the doom and gloom. Lots of things can happen. 2016 isn't even over for crying out loud.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

I don't know either. I'm not in the business but I heard of producers working on multiple projects.
    Besides once 2016 is done they would have had a full year away from 007. They'll probably be rested up and ready to go.
    Besides once 2016 is done they would have had a full year away from 007. They'll probably be rested up and ready to go.

Everybody is still tired, forget? ;)
    Except BB and MGW aren't too tired to pursue other projects. Quite telling.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    jake24 wrote: »
    People don't seem to mind Craig being quoted out of context when it sounds like he is willing to return. After spending a year telling us that the wrist slashing comments were out of context and bad reporting "just for a headline", look how many have jumped on the "I'd miss it terribly" comment as some kind of tacit admission that he will return. In one case he is being totally honest and forthright, in the other he is "obviously just exaggerating". It's reassuring to know that there are those out there ready and willing to decipher Craig's comments for us, and tell us in which instances he means what he says.
    Who is jumping to conclusions? I simply summarized every Bond-related word that came from his mouth from that interview.

I came across a headline recently that read "Daniel Craig would no longer slash his wrist than play Bond again." It pissed me off.

I'm calling it.

Bond 25 will be titled "Wristslasher."
    edited October 2016 Posts: 16,330
    echo wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    People don't seem to mind Craig being quoted out of context when it sounds like he is willing to return. After spending a year telling us that the wrist slashing comments were out of context and bad reporting "just for a headline", look how many have jumped on the "I'd miss it terribly" comment as some kind of tacit admission that he will return. In one case he is being totally honest and forthright, in the other he is "obviously just exaggerating". It's reassuring to know that there are those out there ready and willing to decipher Craig's comments for us, and tell us in which instances he means what he says.
    Who is jumping to conclusions? I simply summarized every Bond-related word that came from his mouth from that interview.

I came across a headline recently that read "Daniel Craig would no longer slash his wrist than play Bond again." It pissed me off.

I'm calling it.

Bond 25 will be titled "Wristslasher."

Unless Daniel breaks his wrist then it will be called Brokenclaw. :))
    I think Bond 25 might be called Shattered Dreams.
    You can't kill my dreams. But my dreams shall set you free.

I don't even know where I was going with that. I'm hopeful B25 will be right around the corner. I can feel it.
    Around the corner of the new decade :P
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

I don't even know where I was going with that. I'm hopeful B25 will be right around the corner. I can feel it.

I admire your optimism.

I admire your optimism.

Someone has to be around here. :P Optimistic since 1997 when I first saw GoldenEye. Wouldn't have it any other way.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »

I don't know either. I'm not in the business but I heard of producers working on multiple projects.

People seem to get the feeling that everything Craig does or the producers do that they need a long break from every project they work on. I mean they are not dying a slow death or anything that they need these long breaks between projects
    Well it's Halloween I guess everyone is entitled to one good scare