No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I am OK with Swift as hot Bond Girl but not Loki as Bond!
  • talos7 wrote: »
    Well all right Turner may be back in the race! ;)

Maybe not

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/aidan-turner-finally-makes-choice-8357848

(I have no idea, just passing along)

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    talos7 wrote: »
    Well all right Turner may be back in the race! ;)

Maybe not

(I have no idea, just passing along)

Worded as rumored ...written as assumption Bond going into production and a choice would have to have been made...

Headline sensationalism..

Of course I'm not a Turner fan so hope true lol.

And so Refn was offered at some point ...at least according to Refn ...well if true or at least partially true then kudos to EoN for thinking out of the box..

Ignoring they waited for Mendes whom never really seemed to show up.

Wish Refn had ...May have been such a better outcome.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The only thing that would positively whisk me away into a greater peace on my deathbed would be the confirmation from some higher power that there is indeed a special place of torture and suffering reserved in death for "journalists" working for tabloid rags whose main job description is to root their way into the lives of their betters where they have no place, all while transmitting brainless, baseless and barbaric "news" to the public. It is my great wish that this purgatory makes the Catholic view of hell look like a pillow fight, and that these "journalists" experience even a tenth of the mindless, brain-numbing, IQ point-zapping pain they put all of us through in their futile existences on this earth spent reporting on celebrity break-ups, plastic surgeries and bookie betting. :)
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited July 2016 Posts: 1,756
    I really hope they don't do a formula film. The formula is overrated. I mean it basically started with Goldfinger, then carried onto YOLT where it already felt old. OHMSS broke it and it felt like a surprisingly modern film. Then they went back to it because they wanted to play it safe. So through DAF-AVTAK you had a group of mediocre movies with exceptions (TSWLM and FYEO [which still broke the formula]). We finally had Dalton's movies and Goldeneye which felt fresh artistically. Then again they went formula and again we had mediocre movies. Finally with Craig we were at a golden age because his first three movies were completely different and against the formula, which made each film a masterpiece in its own. Then we finally returned back to it and got a bad film. I'm not saying Bond can't be Bond. But Bond needs to progress artistically again. I'd really love to see a more polished movie in the vein of QoS.
    CR & QOS have aged well.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'd love a formula film if done right.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

So Hiddleston is too busy being Mr Taylor Wift and Adian Turner is too busy with Poldark to be Bond. At least according to the tabloids. All silly, made-up nonsense of course.

As I keep saying, Daniel Craig IS still James Bond. He still has the option on one more movie. He hasn't said he's leaving (or coming back) and neither have EON. When they finally have a script in place they'll be obliged to show it to Craig first. If the script exites him he'll be back. If not then he'll bow out. I really think it's that simple.

Right now he's working on other projects but that doesn't mean he wouldn't make himself available (maybe the end of next year) for shooting if the script excites him.

• RC7RC7
    Hiddleston may have shot himself in the foot with these antics. I know others think it's salacious tabloid tat, but EON will seriously consider how their man operates on a personal level and this is not ideal if he does fancy his chances.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    RC7 wrote: »
    Hiddleston may have shot himself in the foot with these antics. I know others think it's salacious tabloid tat, but EON will seriously consider how their man operates on a personal level and this is not ideal if he does fancy his chances.
    Agreed. While his personal affairs are really none of my business, I have to admit that I have a slightly less enamoured opinion of him now. I realize that Swift is one of the most followed people in the world due to her fame, and so dating her is an automatic publicity magnet which probably can't be avoided, but still - all of this press attention just seems unsavory to me, especially given the somewhat tween orientation.

I felt the same way about Craig's interview antics as well though, to be honest (meaning I was displeased). PS: - I met up with my sister and brother in law the other day. I hadn't seen them for some time. First thing my brother in law asks me is about Craig: "So I hear Craig is out. So who's the next Bond? Apparently they offered him a s#!^ load of money and he turned it down? He's had enough". It was amusing to hear this because it's probably what most casual fans know about the current state of affairs, which is to say about as much as the rest of us.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 4,116

Agreed. It's not the formula it's the execution that's under scrutiny.

Besides we have veered off the formula so much lately that a formula film done right is quite welcome in my book.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Agreed. It's not the formula it's the execution that's under scrutiny.
    Precisely. There hasn't been a decent 'formula' film since Cubby's passing. The last one was GE imho.
    I would argue the world is not enough and Did Anotfher day were both decent formula executions the problem is they shouldn't be beholdent to the formula and instead craft great bond films and be damned if they fit in every thing they "need to"

Quantum of Solace was a brilliant bond film and did this expertly.
    Quantum didn't rely on formula, though.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I would argue the world is not enough and Did Anotfher day were both decent formula executions.......
    I'm afraid I must disagree. TWINE & DAD were definitely something, but 'decent' formula executions aren't quite how I would describe them. On the contrary in fact. More like reboot necessitating travesties, at least imho.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I immediately disregard any and all articles produced through Yahoo, especially one that is posting comments from fans. Goes to show just how ludicrous these scoops are.
    Tabloid Chatter: Is James Norton set to be James Bond?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3676712/Is-James-Norton-set-James-Bond.html#ixzz4DdpEmtLQ

Another day, another new actor 'hotly tipped' to be the new Bond. Betting has been suspended, blah blah blah.

Norton has the look. I think I could be convinced of his casting. He has that hint of roughness to him, however, I fear he may be too much of a posh boy. I haven't seen him act but from a few snaps I reckon he could work. He's slightly reminiscent of a young Daniel Craig...

James-Norton4.jpg

Also the news that Turner signing to another series of Poldark rules him seems like tabloids fishing for a story. Bond 25 won't arrive till 2018 at the earliest. The second series of Poldark filmed earlier this year and arrives this autumn. Turner could still film Poldark series 3 at the same timeframe and make it for filming of the new Bond.

landscape-1461148441-aidan-turner-and-then-there-were-none.gif

All this tabloid chatter and odds taking is doing my head in....just cast Tom Hardy already!

Though there is one name that odds-takers have that is intriguing....and he's available:

o-NIGEL-FARAGE-GUN-facebook.jpg
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I am so out of pop culture that, though I've heard the name, I wouldn't know Taylor Swift if I saw her. Or recognize her music.
    I can assure you that you're not missing much, and it's probably best that you have been spared the misery.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    This from Deadline Hollywood (yet what's interesting, not a peep about Turner's involvement with Bond, or even being in the running for the role. Very telling in how far he was considered for the role (slim to none)):

http://deadline.com/2016/07/bbc-orders-poldark-season-3-masterpiece-aidan-turner-1201782997/
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Tabloid Chatter: Is James Norton set to be James Bond?

Little Jimmy Norton huh? Interesting choice. =))
    hqdefault.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    A big NO to Norton
    I'd take Farage over Norton, to be honest.
  • RC7RC7

I have to disagree with yourself and Ajay on this one. This may be one of those flash in the pan romances (likely) in which case it will probably have little bearing, but I don't think he has done himself any favours. The public buy into this bullshit and his personal 'narrative' will have a bearing on how he is perceived going forward, especially if there is any longevity to this relationship. We only need to look at Craig's infamous quotes during SP to see that these personal narratives snowball on social media and through click-bait articles. That's part of the reason I don't buy the Rog comparison. This is unnecessary baggage for any potential candidate. The public like their Bond to act like Bond, not someone who is auditioning for the latest incarnation of High School Musical.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Let's cool our jets, folks. Ms. Swift runs through men like Bond does his women, so this "relationship" will be nothing but a reflection in the rear-view after a while, and Tom can continue on doing whatever it is he's doing once the dust has settled. Do I think he's bonkers for shacking up with her? Hell yes, but clearly she must be a good lay, so let the boy enjoy himself while it lasts. He's not doing us any harm, and there are much greater evils in this world than a grating pop star.
    Media suggestions...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    When Tom Cruise was in his infamous downward spiral with Scientology about 12/13 years ago, it didn't stop me from blind buying Collateral on DVD and have my socks knocked down by the film and Cruise's intense performance.
    But grating pop stars are up there... close to Trump but on the fringe of maniacal dictators and slow drivers in the left lane (US only).
    But grating pop stars are up there... close to Trump but on the fringe of maniacal dictators and slow drivers in the left lane (US only).
    I don't care if he's going out with Taylor Swift. It's his personal life he can do what he likes. But it's his shameless PR whoring that's put me off Hiddlestone. The photoshoot of him in his boxers, the obviously staged paparazzi photos when they were first pictured together, etc. He's just coming across as desperate for the role now imo, nothing wrong with campaigning for it (maybe taking parts that show he'd be a good fit, like the night manager did) but to me it seems like he's trying way too hard now. I don't think Turner will get the role by any means but I admire how he isn't using the rumours as PR material. He's not trying to prove how Bond esque he is at every turn like Tom is.

I thought Hiddlestone might be a realistic choice but I don't think EON would be too happy with how he's acting. I can't see it happening anymore personally.