No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Norton could work if they want to keep it 'real' like they did from CR-SF.

If they want to go further down the SP route (i.e. more formulaic & lighter) then I think someone like Hiddleston would be much better.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'd be okay with Norton.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    There's a bit of a 'Lewis Collins' thing going on with Norton. A sort of roguish charm, at least from photos.
    Indeed!
    Should we take bets on what page number we get to before we get an official announcement?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Should we take bets on what page number we get to before we get an official announcement?

At this rate, we should hit 1,000 or so.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,692
    There's been almost 300 pages since SP came out. Realistically, if you mean news on Bond's casting, we are at least 1.5 year away from any confirmation on Craig's involvement. So we are probably looking at page... 900 or so before we get official confirmation on Craig, add another 200 page before his successor is named.. So around page 1,100 before someone posts the name of the officially announced new Bond.

Now, if Craig is returning, I'd bet we reach page 700 before they confirm him.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited July 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Mostly scan worthy ...slow down for viable rumors and Mendes/Wizard fights but otherwise just swipe swipe swipe :P
    I think I meant any kind of official announcement -screenwriters, director anything.
    Well, it's been nine months since Spectre came out and we still have absolutely no news regarding the progress of the upcoming installment in the series. They could've at least dropped a word or two... Meanwhile, Sony claims they haven't even started talks on a distribution deal yet. And now with Barbara busy with producing other projects, as someone mentioned the other day, it's going to be a long year of an empty desert in regard to the Bond 25 news.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    It'll be page 548.
    We'll be over onto Page 8 by then!
    I just realized Norton favors Eric Stoltz a lot.

If Cubby was alive Bond25 would have a title already
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    If Cubby was alive Bond25 would have a title already

If only he could live twice. ;)
    I think Cubby would be proud of what barbara did with the incarnation of the Craig era.

Cubbys favorite movie would have been Spectre IMO.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I doubt that.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I doubt that.

Of course, you do.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    It would be CR or SF that Cubby would be most proud of, the successful reboot and of course the huge success of and first billion dollar grossing entry of the series.

It's only fans of QOS & SP would make out it's one of them because they think it is.

I don't like all of this era entirely it certainly has flaws, the fact the SP script went to shooting stage and also issues with QOS but this era has been a success and I think Cubby would be tremendously proud of what BB & MGW have done.

It's only us fans that have issues and we've a right to but I see no reason to think that he would be spinning in his grave with what they've done, they adapted and moved on.

Those saying we shouldn't rebooted are entitled to their opionion but they think Bond is their own little play thing and forget it appeals to huge audience and us fans are just a small percentage of that, this era on the whole has been a roaring success despite our opinions.

If Bond hadn't reset after DAD I don't think we'd be looking at the impact it has now had, I know some would prefer a success but nothing earth shattering so they can keep it all to themselves but no one is going to back a series of films if that is it's ambition.

Our own personal opinions are just that.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I doubt that.

Of course, you do.

I agree with @shardlake. Cubby would definitely favour CR or SF over SP.
    I doubt that.

Of course, you do.

Even though SP is closer to his films IMO.

edited July 2016 Posts: 11,139
    That's exactly why he'd prefer the likes of CR; because outside of FRWL, CR is somewhat of a departure; isn't so by the numbers and quite frankly is better.
    I doubt that.

Of course, you do.

Even though SP is closer to his films IMO.

Totally agree. In many ways SP is the like the ultimate Bond film. It's got everything Cubby ever wanted out of the franchise. Big bold action, hot girls, high stakes, megalomaniac villain, etc. All the good stuff. (=
    I don't think Cubby would have agreed with elements of SF. Chubby was an old school movie guy ...formula guy and he did that well. He made the series and gave us many films to enjoy.

I don't think he would have "understood" what the next generation was doing with Bond but I'm sure he would have been very proud of them.
    What would Fleming think of the Craig films? Now there's an interesting question.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    What would Fleming think of the Craig films? Now there's an interesting question.
    We have a separate thread for that, I believe.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 4,325
    jake24 wrote: »
    We have a separate thread for that, I believe.

Yes I know. I wasn't trying to start discussion just merely musing after the above comments about Cubby's views. Slap my wrist @jake24 . All those who want to pick up on my comment above please use the right thread. Cubby's thoughts? Create a new thread?

Right, now Bond 25 chat recommence ....
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    No harm done, @tanaka123. I was merely stating that there is a seperate thread for that question to be discussed and debated on.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Who really knows what Cubby would have liked? Ultimately he's not here to answer that question and 20 yrs on, his views and opinions may have changed, like the rest of us.

All I know is that SP is the closest Craig film in tone and style to the Brosnan entries, and reminds me in many ways of TND, due to the formula overtones in rather obvious style. So to suppose he would have liked SP the best implies one would think he would have also liked TND the best. I doubt either.

Ultimately, the most well received entries were CR & SF, among general fans and us die-hards. I don't see why Cubby wouldn't have felt the same way.
    jake24 wrote: »
    No harm done, @tanaka123. I was merely stating that there is a seperate thread for that question to be discussed and debated on.

Yes, I know.