No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

dinovelvet wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

You would need Craig to do it though. It needs that sense of baggage built up with the audience and being the possible final mission.

Exactly you need Craig to make it happen.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,690
    Were the media speculations about Brosnan returning true or not? It did take a long time for Brosnan to be confirmed as quitting/fired/etc (over a year after DAD), so were EON in negotiations with him, or was it just the press spinning the story over and over again?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Did Brosnan announce his departure from the role himself or did EoN do it?
    I think Pierce got a brick through his window with a note, saying " You're Fired !" :D

That's definitely one way to send a message loud and clear haha!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @doubleoego

It seems Brosnan didn't officially confirm (on his official webite) he had quitted the role until early 2005. Also, if we remember that Dalton didn't officially resign until early 1994, we could not have any official announcement (if Craig is really quitting) until mid to late 2017.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I can't remember who announced it, but I remember reading an Interview from
    Pierce on when He got the call from Eon, to say...... they were going in a different
    direction. :(
    Brosnan said he felt EON had parted ways with him in an interview October 2004, but the rumour mill about his return kept going until he officially announced he left in February 2005.

So we could well be arguing and speculating in this thread about Craig returning/leaving and who the his successor could be for the next year, if not more.
    So should we continue to use Daniel Craig as bond in fan art and trailers for bond 25 or should we use the actor we want the most?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Risico007 wrote: »
    So should we continue to use Daniel Craig as bond in fan art and trailers for bond 25 or should we use the actor we want the most?
    I'm currently going through that dilemma myself.
    Personally I am tempted to do one for each of my top four (Craig included) for bond 25 and using the four remaining Fleming titles. Matching the title I feel best works for each actor (the property of a lady for Hiddleston Risico for Fassbender The Hildebrand Rarity for Craig and 007 in New York for Hardy) but haven't done it yet
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    jake24 wrote: »

Yeah, that's surely preventing me from sleeping.

It's just fanart. You can use Mickey mouse if you want.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Walecs wrote: »

I was joking mate.
    Clearly I am the only one who likes to try and make the fan art realistic .... Shrugs well I suppose it doesn't matter
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Mickey Mouse can't be Bond. He's too old, too short, big ears, and he's black.

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I have mixed feelings about a Craig YOLT adaptation. On the one hand, of course I'd love it. How many years now have we been salivating over the possibility of seeing the story onscreen ? It would certainly give the Craig era the chance for a more meaningful ending then SP provided.

But then I'm reminded that I don't really care to see Waltz as Blofeld again. In fact, if Daniel returns, I'd rather there be no obvious connections at all to his previous films. Madeleine would have to be killed onscreen to do the ending justice. Nah, let's just save it for another era.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    After his performance in SP, I don't see Craig delivering 100% to give us a faithful YOLT adaptation, anyway. Won't happen.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Has Tom Hiddleston's relationship with Taylor Swift ruined his chances of James Bond role? Initial talks 'have ended'

Tom Hiddleston has been pictured all over the world in the last few weeks, apparently unable to leave new girlfriend Taylor Swift's side as their new romance heats up.

But could it be affecting his chances of playing the next James Bond?

The star has been a hot favourite to take on the role following Daniel Craig, and while he's yet to comment on the speculation, it's fair to say fans have already got their hopes sky high.

But now, sources have claimed initial talks have already "ended" - as the star is apparently no longer "mysterious" enough.

A source told the The Sun : “Tom’s cool performance in The Night Manager saw him as a late contender for 007, but initial talks have come to an end.

“Bond needs an air of mystery – his public romance with Taylor has made him totally uncastable.”
    Lol "totally uncastable".
    pachazo wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings about a Craig YOLT adaptation. On the one hand, of course I'd love it. How many years now have we been salivating over the possibility of seeing the story onscreen ? It would certainly give the Craig era the chance for a more meaningful ending then SP provided.

But then I'm reminded that I don't really care to see Waltz as Blofeld again. In fact, if Daniel returns, I'd rather there be no obvious connections at all to his previous films. Madeleine would have to be killed onscreen to do the ending justice. Nah, let's just save it for another era.

Or one of the suicide victims. Hate to make personal slant but could be consistent with her profile.

Btw psychiatry and psychology tends to attract practitioners with mood disorders. Higher prevalence of practitioners with diagnoses of mood disorders in psychiatry and/or clinical psychology compared to other practice areas or disciplines.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Has Tom Hiddleston's relationship with Taylor Swift ruined his chances of James Bond role? Initial talks 'have ended'

Tom Hiddleston has been pictured all over the world in the last few weeks, apparently unable to leave new girlfriend Taylor Swift's side as their new romance heats up.

The star has been a hot favourite to take on the role following Daniel Craig, and while he's yet to comment on the speculation, it's fair to say fans have already got their hopes sky high.

But now, sources have claimed initial talks have already "ended" - as the star is apparently no longer "mysterious" enough.

A source told the The Sun : “Tom’s cool performance in The Night Manager saw him as a late contender for 007, but initial talks have come to an end.

“Bond needs an air of mystery – his public romance with Taylor has made him totally uncastable.”

Pffft. Sounds like something The Sun pulled out of their colon.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I was joking mate.

I know, I was actually making fun of Risico007. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Pffft. Sounds like something The Sun pulled out of their colon.
    Yeah... Because his relationship with Taylor Swift was exactly the reason why he's uncastable now...

They'll print anything these days!

I was joking mate.

I know, I was actually making fun of Risico007. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Why though
    The Sun doesn't know because I bet even Craig doesn't know until eyes even a spec script.

Who knows now?
    History repeats itself. Clive Owen. The media's top choice in 2005 after wearing a tux in a (v over-rated) C4 film. Guess where that went? The press have v short memories. Tom H is the present Clive Owen. IMHO.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Well all right Turner may be back in the race! ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    My daughter was telling me ( yes that's my source) :D
    It's all for a video for Taylor's new song. That's as good a guess as anything else.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 6,844
    Refn says he turned down offer to direct Spectre:

variety.com/2016/film/news/nicolas-winding-refn-spectre-directing-1201808590/
  • SasSas
    Nah, they are really dating. I hereby predict they will get married in 2017. Just wait and see ;) But who knows if he will be James Bond or not in 2017.