No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Saw this on another forum:
    Fan Site James Bond Downunder reports that an announcement is expected in June, but doesn't specify as to what it is for

LOL - well whatever it was... it didn't happen so if we get any more news from James Bond Downunder don't believe it! :D

There was an earlier post from them saying it was coming mid-end of May, then they said the announcement was pushed back to June. July anyone?

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Saw this on another forum:
    Fan Site James Bond Downunder reports that an announcement is expected in June, but doesn't specify as to what it is for

LOL - well whatever it was... it didn't happen so if we get any more news from James Bond Downunder don't believe it! :D

There was an earlier post from them saying it was coming mid-end of May, then they said the announcement was pushed back to June. July anyone?

How convenient. It's why I don't listen to these "sources" that lots of people seem to have. Hell, I can make up a source and tell you of an announcement coming this month, but if it doesn't, I can easily say it's been "pushed back," and eventually, there will be an announcement and I'd be right.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Tomorrow, I'll be announced as the new Bond. My sources told me that only a few seconds ago.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Great news. You are a dead ringer for Sean Connery.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    You might need to up your medication @ClarkDevlin ;) because
    the voices in my head say different.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 4,325
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Refn is quoted in the interview that he now knows franchise work is not for him. Doesn't sound like B25 unless this is misinformation.

Refn's film The Avenging Silence could be the buzz film the Redditer and others to be B25.

Just like BB's meeting with Bell regarding another movie was assumed to be Bond.

Well, Refn rumoured to direct, P&W writing the script and with the original intention for Spectre to be OHMSS-esque and the title The Avenging Silence feels very inline with that going forward with a straight adaptation of YOLT. If it was called something else I'd think it may possibly be non-Bond, but that title just screams of a follow-up to Spectre.
    Really? Never bothered to look myself in the mirror, so I don't know...
    @Thunderpussy, milliseconds ago they told me I should be directing the film, too. They're looking for a new blood and found that in me, apparently. I can't cite the nameless source, you know? ;)

Section 26, Paragraph 5. I'm sure you understand.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So it is confirmed!
    @Thunderfinger, it'll be a mindless action piece... So, fold your cards. :))
  • RC7RC7
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Refn is quoted in the interview that he now knows franchise work is not for him. Doesn't sound like B25 unless this is misinformation.

Refn's film The Avenging Silence could be the buzz film the Redditer and others to be B25.

Just like BB's meeting with Bell regarding another movie was assumed to be Bond.

Well, Refn rumoured to direct, P&W writing the script and with the original intention for Spectre to be OHMSS-esque and the title The Avenging Silence feels very inline with that going forward with a straight adaptation of YOLT. If it was called something else I'd think it may possibly be non-Bond, but that title just screams of a follow-up to Spectre.

I fail to see that. It's clearly not Bond IMO.
    But some people are prudish and scare at the sight of any violence no matter what, so not a big surprise. Though I must say it's nice to see complaints about that aspect of the film and not the intense sexuality of Bond and Lucia's love making scene or Madeleine and Bond's steamy scene on the train, as sex is commonly criticized for going too far on screen, as if it isn't the most biologically natural thing out there for humans to do anyway.

It's not necessarily that people scare at the sight of violence, but that people take kids to see Bond films. I agree with you that it's nice that people complain about violence rather than sexuality.

RC7 wrote: »

I fail to see that. It's clearly not Bond IMO.

True, it's about an anthropologist, not Bond.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

And with that you're absolutely right. Refn's comments suggest otherwise unless it's the old I'm not Blofeld, I'm not Moneypenny, etc routine.

I'm sorry but this time I'm not sure. Just seems too progressive/creative for EoN but I would've said the same thing about CR if I had heard that back in the day.
    FYI Purvis and Wade wrote Refn's unproduced Barbarella script too.
    Glad that one never got made.
    Hopefully this one won't as well, at least not as a Bond film.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Looks like THE AVENGING SILENCE is something Refn's been speaking about as early as June 2015.

If EoN was smart, and to give this time line a refreshing jolt, they should nab him and take his idea as the template for an adaption to Fleming's YOLT. Give him some creative freedom and make a crackling revenge-thriller.

But, i think that's wishful thinking on my part.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 229
    peter wrote: »
    Looks like THE AVENGING SILENCE is something Refn's been speaking about as early as June 2015.

If EoN was smart, and to give this time line a refreshing jolt, they should nab him and take his idea as the template for an adaption to Fleming's YOLT. Give him some creative freedom and make a crackling revenge-thriller.

But, i think that's wishful thinking on my part.
    Totally agree. The Bond films have always been a product and reflection of their time. International conflicts, the bad guys, the male female relationships, technology, everything grew accordingly. Letting go of the past would be the end of the franchise I fear.
    dalton wrote: »
    Hopefully this one won't as well, at least not as a Bond film.

Gee. Well I hope it does and I'll be seeing it. I suspect it will feature ideas and plots P&W had for Bond at some point, especially with the Japanese setting...
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Just saying so thankful that Spectre did not keep those horrible ideas from the leaked scripts. We can all agree a great screenwriter is needed for the next one.

No news ... we are splashing about in a paddling pool, rehashing & playing, arguing, etc. ... normal, par for the course. Like everybody, I wish for solid real news. Actually, it feels more like I'm on that last stretch of desert, barely putting one foot in front of the other, and hoping what I see is not a mirage ... is it Hiddleston?! Is it Nolan?! Is it Haggis?! Well, it's not Omar Sharif, that's for sure ... but I cannot see what's on our horizon yet ... :-<
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Thunderpussy, milliseconds ago they told me I should be directing the film, too. They're looking for a new blood and found that in me, apparently. I can't cite the nameless source, you know? ;)

Wow, @ClarkDevlin, EON made you give blood? Geez, when I went in for my screen test I skipped all of that. All I had to do was sit on a plush couch with Dan-in a long blonde wig-and pretend like he was a woman I was seducing while Barbara watched. It somehow wasn't that awkward, all things considered. The guy before me had to do the same thing, but with him and Dan in a bed FRWL style, and apparently it got a bit too steamy. That wasn't you, was it?
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 1,817
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I miss the thrill of finding out the next title at the end of each Bond film ( the last one to do so was OCTOPUSSY). There was no internet then, and no 24 hour news channels, so one really didn't know (unless it was in magazines that I didn't read) until the end of the credits. That was so exciting. The first time I was conscious of it was ta the end of LIVE AND LET DIE. Maybe because that was the first one I saw without my parents who wouldn't have hung around for the credits. I guess I did see both GOLDFINGER and YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE as the front end of drive-in Bond double-features in the '60s, so I must have been exposed to it before, but I was way to young to be saying attention to that. Granted, if it is a non-Fleming title it would not carry that weight, but I would have been giddy if in 2012 I had seen:

The End of SKYFALL
    JAMES BOND will return in SPECTRE!

Oh my god yes... To think if we knew the title of B25, there would be so much speculation based on it, the fans'd go wild.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    By the way, the snippet from the Craig interview posted a couple pages back is actually a reprint of an interview conducted during the weeks of Spectre's release. So, as of right now, Craig hasn't spoken to the press since late last year.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,423

Wow, @ClarkDevlin, EON made you give blood? Geez, when I went in for my screen test I skipped all of that. All I had to do was sit on a plush couch with Dan-in a long blonde wig-and pretend like he was a woman I was seducing while Barbara watched. It somehow wasn't that awkward, all things considered. The guy before me had to do the same thing, but with him and Dan in a bed FRWL style, and apparently it got a bit too steamy. That wasn't you, was it?
    Naah, they gave me a fake cigar and placed me in a clown's suit with big butterfly bowtie and made me run through some set that looked like a mall. I never got to do love scenes since my suggestion was to French it up like a 'Tom' cat, "You set my soul on fire, etc".

My feet still hurts though... The clown shoes weren't easy ones to run and hop in.
  • Great news. You are a dead ringer for Sean Connery.

Naah, they gave me a fake cigar and placed me in a clown's suit with big butterfly bowtie and made me run through some set that looked like a mall. I never got to do love scenes since my suggestion was to French it up like a 'Tom' cat, "You set my soul on fire, etc".

My feet still hurts though... The clown shoes weren't easy ones to run and hop in.

I take it we should expect Bond 25 to be a reworking of Octopussy then?

Any stabs at the title? Nonapussy? Octopussier? Octopussy 2: The Return of Jafar?
    Man I hope they go with Thunderpussy [-O<
    I just found out I walked into the wrong studios, and performed someone else's audition for The Benny Hill Legacy... I heard some git took my Bond audition instead and I heard they are considering him for the role... @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you rascal! You stole my audition!

:))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just found out I walked into the wrong studios, and performed someone else's audition for The Benny Hill Legacy... I heard some git took my Bond audition instead and I heard they are considering him for the role... @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you rascal! You stole my audition!

:))

@ClarkDevlin, you are most certainly not going to blame me for being far superior to you in the areas of spatial coordination and an overall sense of direction. It's the 21st century, mate. There's a magical compass like tool out there these days that gets you to your destination with relative ease. It's called GPS. ;)
    Sadly not always effective as Tesla found out last month :(
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    ...and like Tesla we have run off the road and crashed. :P

..just kidding