No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited July 2016 Posts: 6,601
    "Ben-Hur", in my theory of course, is also based on the real tale (not just in the book, but in historical fact).

Its called "A tale of the Christ", as far as I remember. Judah and Messala and co, as fictional characters, are just embedded in the story, we all know.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 4,622
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Yes, with Ramon Navarro. But - whatever you think of Hestons NRA past, he was so damn perfect as Ben Hur.

Whatever one may think about 2nd amendment rights, don't forget Heston was also a very active and vocal supporter of the '60s black civil rights movement, when it wasn't fashionable, not to mention battling Hollywood moguls on behalf of actors-kind, despite being one of the biggest names in the biz. He worked on behalf of his less illustrious brethren

As for Bond, I'm a little out of the loop.
    Why can't Eon just firm up Craig and get on with it.
    What am I missing?

Bye the bye. I've just added 4Heston films to my blu-ray collection. Ten Commandments, Ben Hur, and the '70s sci-fi classics , Soylent Green and The Omega Man.
    Awesome actor. He shares my top 3 with Sean and Clint
    The term Production Diary should be taken off this thread´s title.
  • Back to Bond 25: Barring a faithful adaptation of You Only Live Twice, for a fifth and final film from Craig, I would love to see Olga Kurylenko return as Camille to help Bond take down Spectre. She was fantastic in QoS, she would have a good reason to return, and this time they could develop a romantic relationship between her and Bond.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Back to Bond 25: Barring a faithful adaptation of You Only Live Twice, for a fifth and final film from Craig, I would love to see Olga Kurylenko return as Camille to help Bond take down Spectre. She was fantastic in QoS, she would have a good reason to return, and this time they could develop a romantic relationship between her and Bond.

I don't know how they'd be able to credibly make Camille come back, as that story has been resolved. In addition, part of the reason why Camille is so great is because she and Bond never became anything beyond strong partners, which I liked, and you could see the mutual and platonic respect they had for each other at the end of the journey. She was more than what those like her were meant for in the past, meaning eye candy. Besides, Bond has Madeleine, who is essentially being characterized as his Tracy, post-Vesper. That's just where we're at with it.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 6,844
    Camille's story was left very much unresolved when you think about it. She killed Medrano and we're left to assume that this act left her with no real solace in the end. Now, we don't necessarily need to follow up with her, but as she was at one point a part of the battle against Quantum (in retrospect, Spectre behind the scenes), she could absolutely return to rejoin the fight. Her return would probably make more sense than that of any other non-reg character at this point, save for Blofeld and Madeleine, which leads me to...

Madeleine Swann. She's going to have to be dealt with one way or another if Craig returns (and this is all, of course, assuming Craig returns). We're not going to have another whole film where Bond and Madeleine are just a happy couple going on another adventure together. She'll get killed off or she'll get written out of the picture with backstory. Some way or another, Bond 25 will have a new Bond girl, or no Bond girl, or as I'm proposing/wishfully-thinking, the return of Camille.

I agree that Bond and Camille's relationship in QoS was remarkably well handled. Though they never consummated their relationship, I would buy them as lovers in a heartbeat the second she stepped onto the screen in a new Bond film. That's how well their relationship was handled in QoS. They are two love-and-battle-wearied sympathetic souls. Bringing them together romantically at this point would be an easy step to make as their relationship has already been earned (something I'm afraid cannot be said of Bond and Madeleine, though the screenplay wanted us to believe so). Making her lovers with Bond wouldn't at all reduce her to eye candy. It could in fact be a pairing as great as that of Bond and Tracy's as far as the emotional resonance goes.
    timmer wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Yes, with Ramon Navarro. But - whatever you think of Hestons NRA past, he was so damn perfect as Ben Hur.

Whatever one may think about 2nd amendment rights, don't forget Heston was also a very active and vocal supporter of the '60s black civil rights movement, when it wasn't fashionable, not to mention battling Hollywood moguls on behalf of actors-kind, despite being one of the biggest names in the biz. He worked on behalf of his less illustrious brethren

As for Bond, I'm a little out of the loop.
    Why can't Eon just firm up Craig and get on with it.
    What am I missing?

Bye the bye. I've just added 4Heston films to my blu-ray collection. Ten Commandments, Ben Hur, and the '70s sci-fi classics , Soylent Green and The Omega Man.
    Awesome actor. He shares my top 3 with Sean and Clint

Hes amazing. Check out El Sid, The Agony and the Ecstasy, and the original Planet of the Apes of course. Great stuff.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    boldfinger wrote: »
    The term Production Diary should be taken off this thread´s title.
    Why @boldfinger?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Yes, Speculation would be more accurate at this point ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Then, we can lock the thread and start a Bond 25 Speculation/Rumours, and only post the production notes in the Production Diary thread.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Then, we can lock the thread and start a Bond 25 Speculation/Rumours, and only post the production notes in the Production Diary thread.
    Why not have a single thread for both.

@talos7, refer to page 1 of the topic. There indeed is a diary that is updated with each piece of news.
    I'd prefer it a single thread, @jake24. Just trying to protect this one from abysmal ideas.
    The only thing in this thread that has to do with the production of Bond 25 is the one post that mentions that pre-production has begun (which was not too long ago), and perhaps one or two following posts that corroborate the former. Everything else is speculation and what-I-would-like-to-see type wishful thinking. So there would be no need to close this thread at all, it just hasn´t got anything to do with the actual production of Bond 25.

There is no need to rename the "Production Diary", either. It's fine as it is. The first post is what members should look at instead of dwelling over the lack of news.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Not just renamed, But it should be Rebranded, Rebooted and Relaunched !
    A big event at the NEC, with fireworks, dancing girls and a few celebs.
    Perhaps with extra tag lines of " New and Improved " " now with added ...."
    :D
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,423
    @Thunderpussy, the only light in the darkest of the arenas! Exactly what this forum needs! :))
  • No need to close this thread. It is currently in full swing with the speculation side of things, as there is no production news to speak of. That will change eventually, but for now, let us have our sweet speculation.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I really hope Radiohead could get another shot at the Bond theme, their theme for Spectre was superb. I honestly think Craig's Bond would have listened to RH too.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    As soon as we have news and as soon as preproduction starts then we'll have less raw speculation. I wouldn't create two threads.

We already have "25 Bond 25" which I have no clue what that thread is honestly. I think it was started during the SP tenure before this one morphed from SP to B25.

Maybe I dunno. But anyway I wouldn't divide the threads. Just my opinion.
    @mcdonbb The "The Name's 25, Bond 25" thread if for title ideas.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    jake24 wrote: »
    @mcdonbb The "The Name's 25, Bond 25" thread if for title ideas.

Oh ok I'll check it out then. Clever title. I lost it somewhere.

Thanks
    I really hope Radiohead could get another shot at the Bond theme, their theme for Spectre was superb. I honestly think Craig's Bond would have listened to RH too.
    You want Radiohead to come and do a rock/metal song for a Bond movie? The thought alone creeps me out.
    If Craig really doesn't return I hope that they blow everything up! Forget Blofeld and Madeline, forget Fiennes Harris and Whishaw, forget all of it. Let Craig's timeline end with Spectre and move on completely fresh, hopefully without Hiddleston...
    If Craig really doesn't return I hope that they blow everything up! Forget Blofeld and Madeline, forget Fiennes Harris and Whishaw, forget all of it. Let Craig's timeline end with Spectre and move on completely fresh, hopefully without Hiddleston...
    Hear hear!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Wait, that was meant to be a Bond theme? I thought Radiohead was simply making an experimental album where each track was made up of the dying cries of kittens being sucked into a vacuum filled with razor blades. Color me shocked.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Track four was actually a male cat having his dangling boy parts
    Crushed between two house bricks. :D
    Who's strangling a cat, again?
    I would prefer the foo fighters or Paul McCartney again Fiennes and Harris can stay for a new bond just have him lay flowers at Swann's grave
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    They could always realize making Swann yet another "love" of Bond's was a mistake, and simply not have her return. That'd be preferable.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 2,189
    The thing is that Spectre's ending is problematic for several reasons. One is Blofeld, and the whole stupid step-brother thing. They could just say he went to prison like the Joker and not address him in the next film, but that would interfere with the second, larger problem with the ending. This is that Bond drives off with Madeleine, and leaves the service. The only way you could get Bond to come back would be to have Madeleine die, and the only bad guy who knows about Bond and Madeleine is Blofeld, which would mean he would have to escape. That whole thing is way too easy to see coming, and it would be a cheep retread of OHMSS, and I don't think any of us want to see that. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I really want Craig to throw in the towel, and for EON to start over, completely anew...