No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

QBranch wrote: »
    Still think the blue stripe is ugly though…
    Bond prefers Red Stripe.
    51a2IsNI3lL._SX466_.jpg

Hahaha! Good one! :))
    Wikipedia claims Craig told mgm after spectre he was likely done with the role. He’s part of the reason for the delay if true.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Tuck91 wrote: »
    Wikipedia claims Craig told mgm after spectre he was likely done with the role. He’s part of the reason for the delay if true.

It’s possible, but take anything on Wikipedia with a grain of salt.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Anyone can write and edit anything on Wikipedia and cite sources that are more or less orchestrated by Carver News Media Group.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Let the mayhem begin. ;)
    Anyone can write and edit anything on Wikipedia and cite sources that are more or less orchestrated by Carver News Media Group.

Imagine a Carver News Media Group owned Wikipedia! :-O
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That's preposterous!
  • peterpeter Toronto

He’d likely report that to BB, not MGM. Then BB would report that info to MGM.

And if this was true, MGM would have the power to say, “great, let’s start the search and get the new era started”. If this Wikipedia claim was true, I’d blame MGM primarily, and EoN, for not getting their act together and moving on.

But this Wikipedia claim is very likely false.

Tuck, it seems every comment I’ve read of yours veers towards the negative. I’m sorry the DC era hasn’t been your cup of tea (that’s why you’d randomly pop in with some Wiki-complaint), but your new Bond actor will be here soon enough.

I would say try and enjoy B25, but it seems you’ve made up your mind.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,279
    That's preposterous!

In A Fact to a Kill – a follow-up to Tomorrow Never Dies, James Bond must stop Elliot Carver's son, in a plot involving falsified facts on a free online encyclopedia.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Not really a secret that Craig wanted a break after Spectre. They came to him for Bond 25 not the other way around.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That's preposterous!
    In A Fact to a Kill – a follow-up to Tomorrow Never Dies, James Bond must stop Elliot Carver's son, in a plot involving falsified facts on a free online encyclopedia.
    giphy.gif
    That's preposterous!
    giphy.gif

tnd.gif

Just had to post this one. I never get tired of this fantastic piece of cinema. :-D
    @Torgeirtrap god, the editing in that clip is awful. How many cuts do you need for such a throwaway gag?!

Anyway, in other news - I found this photo online of someone working in the costume department for Bond 25. By the looks of things, she spent a lot of time in Norway for filming!

I believe her name is Pashelle L. Latino. She just finished working with Suttirat Anne Larlarb on 'Gemini Man'. Perhaps there is a link.............................
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    NZX6Kfv.jpg
    ggl007 wrote: »
    NZX6Kfv.jpg

Exciting! Fingers crossed that it is indeed soon!
    Not to sound negative, but why does that have to mean we’re getting the reveal very soon? Seems to me just like a formality that needed to be taken care of a while ago.
    @Torgeirtrap god, the editing in that clip is awful. How many cuts do you need for such a throwaway gag?!

The TND editing can be debated for sure (much of the film actually), but that doesn't stop me from enjoying this little bit from the film really, really much!
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Not to sound negative, but why does that have to mean we’re getting the reveal very soon? Seems to me just like a formality that needed to be taken care of a while ago.

Don't say that! We don't need that kind of negativity lol!
    Thankfully I have a lot going on at the minute to take my mind off Bond! Lol!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    peter wrote: »

He’d likely report that to BB, not MGM. Then BB would report that info to MGM.

And if this was true, MGM would have the power to say, “great, let’s start the search and get the new era started”. If this Wikipedia claim was true, I’d blame MGM primarily, and EoN, for not getting their act together and moving on.

But this Wikipedia claim is very likely false.

Tuck, it seems every comment I’ve read of yours veers towards the negative. I’m sorry the DC era hasn’t been your cup of tea (that’s why you’d randomly pop in with some Wiki-complaint), but your new Bond actor will be here soon enough.

I would say try and enjoy B25, but it seems you’ve made up your mind.

giphy.gif
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That entire article is riddled with BS.
  • tqbtqb
    I can't believe this thread has been alive since 2015
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The Cinefex page for Bond 25. Cinefex is a quarterly publication that covers visual effects.

https://cinefex.com/upcomingfilms/upcoming.php?id=831
    tqb wrote: »
    I can't believe this thread has been alive since 2015

A blaze barely burning anything other than BS and brawl. A slow burn with promises of wildfire now and then. A brazier now alit by the thin whiff of hope. Waiting to blast and burst and flame up with the gust of real news.
    I just wonder if this will get to 5000 pages
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 308
    talos7 wrote: »
    The Cinefex page for Bond 25. Cinefex is a quarterly publication that covers visual effects.

A couple new details:

Mark Tildesley confirmed as production designer

Chris Courbould confirmed for Special Effects

And Industrial Light & Magic will handle Visual Effects

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Woah! Weren’t some users claiming Mark Tildesley captures an approximate Ken Adams aesthetic? That’s promising.
    Cool
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Minion wrote: »
    Woah! Weren’t some users claiming Mark Tildesley captures an approximate Ken Adams aesthetic? That’s promising.

Well, he did in High Rise.

highrise-diagonal.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1467333188161
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnjyy-oq8lQFxdfRRLyfjemjCKioPbI3hUIrsfio0Volg7B__U
    Screen%20Shot%202015-12-14%20at%2014.41.30.jpg
    MV5BY2I5MzdjNmItMDdhNi00ZGU0LWFkNzktNjQzMjE2MmY0YjYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ1ODEyNjA@._V1_.jpg
    Screen%20Shot%202015-12-14%20at%2014.40.53.jpg

Although Phantom Thread is also particularly lovely in that department. Tildesley is really a perfect choice for Bond. I'm quite happy with this.

• edited April 2019 Posts: 4,619
    talos7 wrote: »

A couple new details:

Mark Tildesley confirmed as production designer

Chris Courbould confirmed for Special Effects

And Industrial Light & Magic will handle Visual Effects

Wait. This absolutely does not confirm Tildesley any more than IMDb listing him. I mean it’s likely Tildesley but this is NOT the confirmation we have been waiting for for months.