No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I wonder if we'll ever get a spin of a popular phrase as a title again (ie. Live and Let Die, You Only Live Twice, etc).
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,541
    I do wonder how this film will look, and how Linus Sandgren will approach it.

He did a tv- mini series named Snapphanar(2006), Have a look you might get some idea.

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    How about Hayley Atwell for the female 007 role? We all know from her role as Peggy Carter in the MCU that she can really play an agent very well and she could potentially have great chemistry with craig!

I would love her to play an MI6 agent. IMO she's hot and age appropriate for Craig, but I doubt she's on EON's radar.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Remington wrote: »
    Hard disagree about CR looking lesser than the other Craig films. I just rewatched it two days ago and it looks as beautiful as ever -- I like my Bond films lively and colorful, and a yellow filter ain't it for me. I'll go watch The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo if I want something gloomy.

Amen.

Indeed, it is a vibrant, energetic, bold looking film. Craig’s era needed more of this

• RC7RC7
    How about Hayley Atwell for the female 007 role? We all know from her role as Peggy Carter in the MCU that she can really play an agent very well and she could potentially have great chemistry with craig!

I would love her to play an MI6 agent. IMO she's hot and age appropriate for Craig, but I doubt she's on EON's radar.

A bit meh and obvious, surely. Unknown hottie please.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,126
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I think SPECTRE looked great in wee wee yellow. :P
    A source said:

‘Her dialogue is sharp and brilliant. It’s young, it’s fun and it is all about female empowerment.

‘This will be a very modern Bond for the MeToo era.’

What the heck is going on? James Bond is the complete opposite of the MeToo era. He's a masculine hero, he regards women as sexual distractions. Fair enough, if people think that's unacceptable in 2019 but the above quote is, to quote the technical term "utter nonsense." This is what happens when you have a woman producer pandering to the current social climate. She is never going to see Bond through a man's eyes. Like it or not, Ian Fleming was a man. He didn't see Bond through the eyes/mind of a woman. I dunno what's going on with Bond if this claim is true. Time to end the franchise me thinks, or Eon sell their share to Disney and we can have Disney Bond! You know that is the

I suspect Bond will have @fanbond123 view as well in the actually film. The new 007 will tell him to get over it and assist on the mission.

Much in the same way that M called out Bond as a sexist dinosaur in Goldeneye.

Bond, as a character, won’t all of a sudden be “progressive”. He’ll have his antiquated view questioned by others in the context of the story.

Naomi Scott would be great as a new spy

She’s waiting to become a movie star

Sorry to disappoint you but your fantasy won't be happening she is just there to add humor Anything printed 007 is a gimmick I guess it should say James Bond instead. People don't have to accept your opinions because what they will be ridiculed to death for they believe. Leave others opinions alone I'm sick and tired of coming on here and having to repeat this seems like I'm the only one who keeps having enforce this. @Pierce2Daniel

I mean, I’m not forcing my view on anyone in the comment you quoted. Merely suggesting a possible story point they might utilise.

Also, if you believe the Daily Mail’s report about Waller-Bridge’s involvement, then you should give equal merit to their claim in the same report suggesting there will be a female 007.

You can’t just cherry-pick parts of the news that suit your own view and ignore or deny anything you dislike in the same story.

Otherwise, you’ll only listen to the stuff that suits and props up your own opinion.

You know what I'm talking about stop saying people have to "just accept it". I respect your opinion and everyone else's. I'm not suggesting anything maybe the daily mail is true we don't all we do know is that they don't have a good track record besides Baz. We will find out I have more faith in the truth that is the guardian or any other trustworthy organization and they say it has nothing to pretty much do with the daily mail article. There for I'm not cherry picking my own needs I'm stating the facts and the overall likelihood. @Pierce2Daniel

I'm not saying people "just [need to] accept it". Read my post again that you quoted initially.

In actual fact, I'm quite enjoying the debate it's sprung up. I don't want to force my opinion down any one's throat, I kinda like the conversation that we are having on this forum currently. It's way more interesting than arguing over whether you like David Arnold or CR's cinematography for the 10000th time.

(Also; The Guardian article directly quotes the Daily Mail.They are still the source on this - and I agree that is unfortunate)

Good for you like I said we don't know it could be could not be but the article rephrases as humor and female characters dialogue polish but it says nothing about the whole make over storyline I think the guardian is responding to just clear the air referencing the article. I guess I don't remember ever seeing anything going into specifics like the daily mails article. @Pierce2Daniel
    So my question is if the prss conference is at Goldeneye how much do you wanna bet the title is one of the short stories?
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Risico007 wrote: »
    So my question is if the prss conference is at Goldeneye how much do you wanna bet the title is one of the short stories?

I still believe the title will be Eclipse.
    It's been a few weeks since the ECLIPSE rumor started. I believe SKYFALL was officially announced only a few days after that title leaked.
    I'm starting to doubt ECLIPSE as the official title.
    I still wonder if the fact that they were trying to cast Lupita Nyong'o means they were looking for a specific type -- especially if Jamaica is were the bulk of the film happens and the Bond girl/ally is native from there, working with the Secret Service. Like Paula Caplan in Thunderball. Although she would probably have a bigger role than her if they were casting such a high-profile actress. Since they couldn't get Lupita I'd be fine if they get an unknown dark skinned beauty.

As for the MI6 agent, I'd dig Gemma Chan too.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Good move.

It's been a few weeks since the ECLIPSE rumor started. I believe SKYFALL was officially announced only a few days after that title leaked.

the user who claimed it was one who had multiple accounts here and on twitter and was banned multiple times

the user who claimed it was one who had multiple accounts here and on twitter and was banned multiple times

Ah. That makes sense. Now I really doubt the title's validity, thank goodness.

He did a tv- mini series named Snapphanar(2006), Have a look you might get some idea.

I think I watched Snapphanar back in 2006. Can't remember much of it though. I was thinking more about how he'll approach Bond in particular. I wouldn't mind for B25 to be more vibrant looking than SF/SP, but that will depend on Fukunaga's vision etc.

Not the entire picture. Production Weekly also listed it as the working title. Currently, it’s as credible as the ‘Shatterhand’ rumour.

Not so fast there. ‘Skyfall’ was first rumoured as early as August 2011 and eventually confirmed in November 2011!
    Denbigh wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel Sonoya Mizuno for female 007 please, I know you probably feel the same :)

Indeed!

She’d be very close to the top of my list in fact. Which reminds me that I still need to see Maniac!!

edited April 2019 Posts: 3,126
    @Pierce2Daniel you seem to like to ignore me when I give facts not trying to push buttons or anything I guess whatever then it's definitely time to move on anyways.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    29IpquV.jpg

There. Not yet confirmed.
    Both Shatterhand and Eclipse have been confirmed to be working titles. In other words, neither is the offical title.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,541

I think I watched Snapphanar back in 2006. Can't remember much of it though. I was thinking more about how he'll approach Bond in particular. I wouldn't mind for B25 to be more vibrant looking than SF/SP, but that will depend on Fukunaga's vision etc.

I think it would be something akin to QOS but much better handheld camera work because Cary did that in "Beasts of No nation" and sandgren in "first Man". Although I am not a fan of handheld work but it can be done brilliantly.
    Both Shatterhand and Eclipse have been confirmed to be working titles. In other words, neither is the offical title.

They have NOT been confirmed to be working titles.

• Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Well within a week or two, The title will be revealed.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,241

I think it would be something akin to QOS but much better handheld camera work because Cary did that in "Beasts of No nation" and sandgren in "first Man". Although I am not a fan of handheld work but it can be done brilliantly.

You might be right about that. Don't mind handheld camera work at all myself, but it all depends on how it's done, and how it fits the sequences in the film. It will be interesting to see what they'll come up with.

We hope. :(
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    For B25 I hope for an epic finale. Something like AVTAK. I always get goosebumps when Bond hangs under the zepplin and nears the bridge with that fantastic score from John Barry.

@Risico007 like Risico :)

I can hope ;)

I can hope ;)

Yeah I wonder why it hasn't been used it's a nice title @Risico007
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    For B25 I hope for an epic finale. Something like AVTAK. I always get goosebumps when Bond hangs under the zepplin and nears the bridge with that fantastic score from John Barry.

AVTAK was Fukunaga's first Bond film, wasn't it? We can hope he has something similarly dramatic in mind for a finale :-D
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

I am really hoping it will be the end of next week. Would avoid the build up to star wars day and be enough time before any inclement weather starts for filming in Jamaica.
  • Jeffrey wrote: »

I'm with ya! A class score, with a (hopeful) class performance from Craig. giphy.gif