No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,756
    I'm confused. GMB posted this tease video but did nothing come of it?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

Its a tease for next week.
    Mallory wrote: »

If GMB are putting out trailers for the press conference - this can only mean that the press have now been formally invited to something.

Either some of our members who work in the media industry will get in touch with confirmation of the date - or we wait till Eon say something on Twitter.

Nonetheless, from that video it seems clear to me that the invites hae been sent!

@Lizo may be able to confirm.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 820
    For the sake of fun speculating, let's assume reports of a Jamaica-based press conference are true. It would make sense, then, that invites would need to go out earlier than normal (a week in advance?) so that members of the press can make their travel arrangements.

Potentially a bit of a different situation than the "hop on down the highway to Pinewood from London" we saw with SPECTRE, which would have been easy enough on two days' notice for the London-based press. Even on Skyfall, I believe the P.C. was held in a hotel (Corinthia?) in the heart of London, just off Whitehall.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Next Thursday press conference seems almost confirmed now! Invites sent a week in advance, multiple sources on the same info, it looks like it will be held in Jamaica very soon.

Hopefully this coming Tuesday is when we'll hear from EON officially.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    For the sake of fun speculating, let's assume reports of a Jamaica-based press conference are true. It would make sense, then, that invites would need to go out earlier than normal (a week in advance?) so that members of the press can make their travel arrangements.

Potentially a bit of a different situation than the "hop on down the highway to Pinewood from London" we saw with SPECTRE, which would have been easy enough on two days' notice for the London-based press. Even on Skyfall, I believe the P.C. was held in a hotel (Corinthia?) in the heart of London, just off Whitehall.

It's not really a week.

In the UK we have a long Easter weekend with two public holidays - essentially, today is the last working day until Tuesday.

If Eon doesn't send the invites out soon, the conference probably wouldn't happen next week because next week is also a short working week.
    Next Thursday press conference seems almost confirmed now! Invites sent a week in advance, multiple sources on the same info, it looks like it will be held in Jamaica very soon.

Hopefully this coming Tuesday is when we'll hear from EON officially.

I can't see Eon stepping on Endgame's toes (mainly as the Avengers film would swallow it alive). Its probably going to be the most successful film of all time, so why get in its way? Just do the conference on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also, @dominicgreene don't get it twisted. The ONLY source so far is GMB, JamesBondRadio are just two fans who are likely members of thsi forum who got excited last night reading @RC7 post.

They are NOT a source.

I saw an episode one of them was convinced Humperdinck was doing the title song because someone added a joke on IMDB. JBR is the definition of Amateur hour.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,164

If GMB are putting out trailers for the press conference - this can only mean that the press have now been formally invited to something.

Either some of our members who work in the media industry will get in touch with confirmation of the date - or we wait till Eon say something on Twitter.

Nonetheless, from that video it seems clear to me that the invites hae been sent!

Either that or - I'd go one step further - in lieu of a traditional presser, GMB gets the UK exclusive announcement of the title/cast etc an hour or so before the official one. That's the only reason why they'd actually be promoting this like that. Plus, it would instantly hit a much bigger general public audience.
    The ideal date for the BOND 25 Press Conference would be next Thursday 25, but that's all weekend for "Avengers: Endgame" and I don't know if EON Pronductions takes that risk. Will it be on Thursday, May 2nd? :roll:

WE NEED AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT, NOW !! SINCE FEBRUARY 15th WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING !!

;)
    The GMB teaser pretty much confirms the PC will happen by the end of next week. No more confirmation needed.
    antovolk wrote: »

Either that or - I'd go one step further - in lieu of a traditional presser, GMB gets the UK exclusive announcement of the title/cast etc an hour or so before the official one. That's the only reason why they'd actually be promoting this like that. Plus, it would instantly hit a much bigger general public audience.

The thought of Piers Morgan announcing anything related to B25…

Screen-Shot-2018-10-23-at-12.13.10-PM-459x475.png

Thankfully he's not on the show for a few weeks, he wasn't in the promo...
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 9,770
    I believe its coming next week..
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Your employment matter

I seriously doubt Eon would give the GLOBAL press launch of bond 25 to a fairly controversial and bottom-feeding news programme.

You would make just as large a splash with a simple press release.

No, GMB is an opportunistic operation who are simple using this chance to bolster ratings. By all means they have been invited to the presser. But that's it.

You'd make as big a splash if the announcement was on the BBC or Sky. No one picks GGM when they have a choice - you go on that show and give them an 'exclusive' when you have no choice.

Ie; you're an ex-reality show star who needs to argue about whether people can do makeup on trains.

• edited April 2019 Posts: 17,291

Thankfully he's not on the show for a few weeks, he wasn't in the promo...

Sure hope you're right, and that he's not involved in any way in their coverage.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I believe its coming next week..

Next Thursday, April 25th

;)
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Your employment matter

I seriously doubt Eon would give the GLOBAL press launch of bond 25 to a fairly controversial and bottom-feeding news programme.

You would make just as large a splash with a simple press release.

No, GMB is an opportunistic operation who are simple using this chance to bolster ratings. By all means they have been invited to the presser. But that's it.

You'd make as big a splash if the announcement was on the BBC or Sky. No one picks GGM when they have a choice - you go on that show and give them an 'exclusive' when you have no choice.

Ie; you're an ex-reality show star who needs to argue about whether people can do makeup on trains.

I'd still think they'll be involved somehow if they're actually going out there and promoting this 'Bond special'...that promo would have had to have been signed off by EON/Universal's partnerships. Maybe they'll be actually the exclusive outlet carrying the press conference on actual TV (while EON/Uni/UAR do the online broadcast), since BBC/Sky wouldn't be able to fit that into their schedules? And ITV have had film exclusives on their shows before, the first trailer for Andy Serkis' Mowgli (back when it was a WB release) premiered on This Morning.

As controversial and bottom-feeding GMB is, people still give those exclusives because of ratings/audiences they pull anyway. It's like why Baz at the Daily Mail gets exclusive official announcements like clips etc - it's the #1 most visited UK news site.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    If I'm not mistaken, back in 2012, the first SKYFALL Teaser was premiered on GMB.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Hopefully I haven't missed anything internet is out at my home and wont be back on till next Thursday I will have to rely on public wifi I will be very upset if I miss the press conference if it happens between now and then.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    In the last few days, together with a friend, we went to analyse some of the documents from the Wikileaks website, regarding script notes from SPECRE, and the exchange of emails from Sony execs.

Let the mayhem begin...
    According to the leaked Sony emails (email 32966), there is a Scandinavian villa and a young girl in an early version of SPECTRE’s script. Now that we know that B25 has a scene with a Scandinavian villa and a young girl, one of the most common B25 theory is, that the young girl is a young Madeleine. The leaked Sony emails indicate that the young girl was originally called Kaja and she was to have a relationship with Bond when she is older; like Madeleine (email 32966). It is known that unused ideas for one Bond film can be used in later films. So, what else is in the leaked Sony emails that could be reused for B25?

Let’s see:

Another female character in the Sony emails is CIA agent Charlotte (email 63219) and Felix Leiter has been rumoured to be coming back for B25 and he was, at one stage, to be back in SPECTRE (email 64219). The CIA is also working with Blofeld in an early SPECTRE draft (email 56934); which is odd as the CIA were working with Quantum in QOS. Bond works with Charlotte for part of the film and they even go undercover as man and wife (email 45027). Many fans are expecting Bond and Madeleine to be married and Daniel Craig was wearing a wedding ring in the Spain filming that was allegedly for a Heineken advert. Other B25 rumour is that Bond will work with a younger female MI6 agent. That maybe as far as the similarities go as Charlotte is seen in the Scandinavian villa scene (email 32966), so she will not be young when she is with Bond; it is more likely she is about Bond’s age. And Charlotte turns out to be a villain (email 56934). To have the young female MI6 agent turn out to be a double agent will repeat a DAD plot line.

Other unused SPECTRE plotlines involves Africa, a diamond mine (email 24914) and Bond and Q escaping the collapsing mine (email 56034). Rami Malek is expected to be the villain and he is of North African descent. One Sony executive says that it’s good to see the plot revolve around “colonialization coming back to bite Britain in the ass” (email 56934). Which would be a good theme for a Brexit linked movie. Another possible Brexit/Trump related B25 plot angle from SPECTRE’s early scripts could be that “allies are being picked apart creating paranoia and suspicion is great” (email 24914). The Sony execs also asked, “Is it just about avenging the deaths of people from prior movies who were close to him?” (email 45027). If Madeleine is killed in B25’s PTS then the same question could be asked of Bond 25.

Recent Daniel Craig Bond films have developed this Scooby Gang approach with the MI6 team. Early drafts of SPECTRE had them out in the field, with M meeting Bond in a cemetery (email 64219), Q taken hostage (email 24914) and Moneypenny injured (email 24914). With Bond now apparently retired from MI6, M could meet Bond somewhere, maybe a cemetery, in B25. Tanner was going to be a traitor who Bond allows to commit suicide (email 64219). As C was the MI6 mole in SPECTRE and not Tanner, this plot line may not be deemed unused.

Other small ideas proposed for SPECTRE which may end up in B25 are, a boat chase (email 56934), Felix Leiter meets Moneypenny (email 64219), there’s a plastic surgery/transformatlon clinic (email 32966), a death mask ball and an attack on an intelligence summit (email 56934), and there is a code book that needs to be deciphered (email 45027).

If you want to check for yourself, here are the email notes:

M meet Bond in a cemetary
    Moneypenny dance class
    Charlotte, female CIA agent
    Kaja was early name for Madeleine
    Tanner suicide, unlikely after Spectre
    There's a mine
    Felix meets Moneypenny

Bond in a cage match
    Boat chase in Amsterdam
    Charlotte kills a character called Valenti
    scandivian villa: its good to see mr. white but why do we want bond to fall in love with a girl we introduce as a child there is something totally weird vibeey here. scene with mr. white is good though . why does charlotte show up there and blow it up though.
    what kind of a clinic is it one where people go to be turned into someone else?

the idea that allies are being picked apart creating paranoia and suspicion is great but inconsistent throughout
    Diamond mine
    Moneypenny is injured
    Q as hostage
    Blofeld arms trader diamond mines Africa

Boat chase has the MI6 scooby gang
    colonialization coming back to bite Britain in the ass
    Attack on an intelligence summit
    Valenti is a cage fighter or organises cage fights
    Death mask ball
    CIA working with Blofeld
    Charlotte turns on Bond
    Bond and Q escape mine collapse

Code book deciphered, leads to Blofeld
    Is it just about avenging the deaths of people from prior movies who were close to him?
    Bond is under cover as husband and wife with Charlotte
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,496

They've basically recycled the same trailer they used for Spectre:

• edited April 2019 Posts: 30
    If I'm not mistaken, back in 2012, the first SKYFALL Teaser was premiered on GMB.

Actually it was premiered on Breakfast on BBC One

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10193

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00sx7z9

Lizo.
    Lizo wrote: »

Actually it was premiered on Breakfast on BBC One

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10193

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00sx7z9

Lizo.

Oh snap!

@Lizo has spoken!

newsround_investigates_uk.lizo_mzimba.jpg

Lizo, is the press conference taking place next week? We are starving here!
    Also, if anyone thinks Lizo isn't the Don - then jut check this photo out.

daniel-craig-photobomb.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C324&ssl=1
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Is this really from today or from 2015?

ef564f4f95a6247fa591a84787c25333bda4b378.jpeg
    All right folks, I’m out, I want the press conference to surprise me. See you next week on Friday the latest. And no, this time I’m not going to threaten you with a temper tantrum if there is no presser/announcement next week, since it’s 100% happening.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    @ggl007 It appears to be the same, just edited out the mentions of Spectre.

Which leaves the question of whether or not Eon signed off on this. Surely after all this time it warrants an updated GMB trailer.
    Wonder what the odds are the title will leak shortly before the press announcement. If I recall someone had posted the SPECTRE title on here a day or two before the actual announcement.
    What, are you saying this GMB teaser was not even aired recently, it was for Spectre and Spectre only, and the guy who posted this on Facebook LIED?
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    What, are you saying this GMB teaser was not even aired recently, it was for Spectre and Spectre only, and the guy who posted this on Facebook LIED?

No, the footage of the presenters in front of the gun barrel has been re-used from their Spectre advert. But they spliced in some images and footage from the Spectre premiere that weren't there in the 2015 advert. So this appears to be a genuine Bond 25 advert, albeit with re-used footage.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Everyone #keepcalmandbond25on