No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited April 2019 Posts: 7,891
    talos7 wrote: »
    The Cinefex page for Bond 25. Cinefex is a quarterly publication that covers visual effects.

https://cinefex.com/upcomingfilms/upcoming.php?id=831

A couple new details:

Mark Tildesley confirmed as production designer

Chris Courbould confirmed for Special Effects

And Industrial Light & Magic will handle Visual Effects

Wait. This absolutely does not confirm Tildesley any more than IMDb listing him. I mean it’s likely Tildesley but this is NOT the confirmation we have been waiting for for months.

IMDB is hit and miss; Cinefex is the premier publication for visual effects, but of course they’re not perfect.
    Their page was updated on April 5, 2019
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Writing credits go to Purvis, Wade and Burns.

Kd2ev7x.png
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Univex wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    Woah! Weren’t some users claiming Mark Tildesley captures an approximate Ken Adams aesthetic? That’s promising.

Well, he did in High Rise.

highrise-diagonal.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1467333188161
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnjyy-oq8lQFxdfRRLyfjemjCKioPbI3hUIrsfio0Volg7B__U
    Screen%20Shot%202015-12-14%20at%2014.41.30.jpg
    MV5BY2I5MzdjNmItMDdhNi00ZGU0LWFkNzktNjQzMjE2MmY0YjYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ1ODEyNjA@._V1_.jpg
    Screen%20Shot%202015-12-14%20at%2014.40.53.jpg

Although Phantom Thread is also particularly lovely in that department. Tildesley is really a perfect choice for Bond. I'm quite happy with this.

That brutalism. So good. Really fitting for Bond.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Variety confirms Waller-Bridge involvement on their end, as well as mentioning end of April for production start https://variety.com/2019/film/news/phoebe-waller-bridge-bond-25-script-1203191429/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Very cool update, thanks @antovolk

The article does raise the interesting question of who will get credit on the script? I know there are very strict WGA rules on this. However, the only troublemaker is likely to be John Hodge. The other writers likely took large consultancy fees for a small amount of work. I can imagine that neither Burns or Waller-Bridge will take credit.

Currently we know of 7 writers who have contributed to the screenplay:

Robert Wade
    Neal Purvis
    John Hodge
    Cary Fukunaga
    Paul Haggis
    Scott Z Burns
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge

I imagine the credit will likely be:

Screenplay by Cary Fukunaga and Neal Purvis & Robert Wade
    Story by Neal Purvis & Robert Wade and John Hodge

I just can’t see John Hodge not getting credited in some way. The WGA have very strict rules on first draft writers to ensure that, even when their work is mostly discarded or built upon, they receive some credit.

There are two alternatives that I could imagine though:

1. ALL the writers get credited and we have a Marvel situation. Just look on Wikipedia how many writers are credited for each solo entry. It’s usually between 4-6 and sometimes more hands have been involved.
    2. There is an outside chance that Daniel Craig gets a story credit – since he has been very involved this time……just leaving this one out there.

We need at least 7 writers and nearly 5 years to get a Bond film out these days.
    OHMSS only needed one writer to create a masterpiece. That film only had a two and a half year gap.

Umm, OHMSS went through many drafts over the years. And Simon Raven did a polish and got a credit.
  • JBR posted a story on instagram that there will be a B25 announcement next week.
  • JBR posted a story on instagram that there will be a B25 announcement next week.

Good catch, feels like the end of the wait is near. Press conference announcement is my guess!
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Good Morning Britain just trailed "the return of Bond, coming soon to GMB" with a promo of the presenters dressed in tuxedo's with the gunbarrel and music..

So the presser next week seems even more likely.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,160
    Is this good news? So less practical effects and more CGI?
    Well I'm off work for Easter next week, so the Press conference would be a great boost if it happens then! The wait is nearly over!?!!
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »
    Expect an announcement next week.

End of the week I presume?

I think so. Although I don’t know the exact date.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Expect an announcement next week.

Source or speculation?

Source.
    Mallory wrote: »
    Good Morning Britain just trailed "the return of Bond, coming soon to GMB" with a promo of the presenters dressed in tuxedo's with the gunbarrel and music..

So the presser next week seems even more likely.

This is the most interesting development. If this is the case, then we could hear something today about a conference next week. Clearly the press are aware that something is coming....................

In regard to JamesBondRadio, they are just meme era of this forum that are using @RC7 as a source. Everyone needs to ignore those guys. The last episode I listened to, one of the guys didn’t event know who Cary Fukunaga was.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Not necessarily. ILM, amongst other visual effects companies worked on SP. In fact, there's a dodgy cut and paste CGI flaw in SP, during the PTS... so I would hope they triple-check their work this time around!
    QBranch wrote: »
    a dodgy cut and paste CGI flaw in SP, during the PTS!
    Exactly where?

Regarding ILM... my first reaction was Marvel, but had to look up the movies they have been doing work on. 'The Revenant' for example. Not your typical CGI/green screen movie.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    QBranch wrote: »
    a dodgy cut and paste CGI flaw in SP, during the PTS!
    Exactly where?
    It happens during one of the 'highlights' of the film, so I'll put it in spoilers:
    During the rooftop walk, he walks along the ledge, turns right, down the steps, and upon reaching the flat area at the bottom (the 'landing'), the side of the landing shifts to the right. When he steps onto the vent below, the landing step shifts back to the left. I take it that's where they covered up the wire supporting Craig.

This has to be it, right?!?
    What time does Good Morning Britain start?
    What time does Good Morning Britain start?

6:30-8:30am weekdays
    So what did they show on the programme? It must be over now.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Avengers opens 25th of April. Do you think it would be a good date?
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    So what did they show on the programme? It must be over now.

I suspect that they are teasing something happening soon; ie, they got an early invite for the press conference. But that video looks as if it must have taken some time to produce....unless, it was made for Spectre or Skyfall and they are just recycling the footage.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Avengers opens 25th of April. Do you think it would be a good date?

So much of the buzz a movie generates is down to social media. Star Wars filled that vacuum last week and Endgame will occupy much of the discussion next week.

Bond 25 wil only really have one day to make an impact before it's 'yesterday's news'. for these reasons, I suspect Tuesday 23rd will be the kick-off date. People will then move on.

Hopefully, we hear something soon...
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,619
    IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN!!! Hype! Hype! Hype!

Final title prediction:
    The Resurrection of Barbara Broccoli
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Finally!! Time to get excited guys, James Bond is coming back
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Yes!! A press conference and payday next week, gonna be a good one :D
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Thank you for the update, @RC7 :)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I'll be on a tropical vacation all of next week, so if the press conference does indeed take place, I will be an EXTREMELY happy man.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Good to know the press conference is very soon. :)
    IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN!!! Hype! Hype! Hype!

Final title prediction:
    The Resurrection of Barbara Broccoli

Or in homage to Star Wars: The Rise of Broccoli

;)

• QQ7QQ7 Croatia

Much appreciated good sir!
  • manovermanover uk
    Good news...hopefully baz will confirm something tonight.