No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I can't imagine there would be any major villain roles beyond the three revealed here.

According to the description, female character from the casting call could even be an ally. For example, a Russian agent teaming up with Bond against the villain.
    Great point. I had assumed the female part would be that of a villain but it could very well be a different situation. I was hoping for a female antagonist this time around.

Come to think of it, if the main baddie is a Russian, it's more likely that she's an ally. I don't think the film will have two Russian villains, that could be perceived as a political statement.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    A WWE wrestler will do.
    A WWE wrestler will do.

Dwayne Johnson? :D
    He's of part Samoan descent, though.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    A WWE wrestler will do.
    Whatever works out for them. :))
    A WWE wrestler will do.
    Whatever works out for them. :))

He has an incredibly busy schedule, but he can probably squeeze another part into his list of upcoming films!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I can't imagine there would be any major villain roles beyond the three revealed here.

According to the description, female character from the casting call could even be an ally. For example, a Russian agent teaming up with Bond against the villain.
    Great point. I had assumed the female part would be that of a villain but it could very well be a different situation. I was hoping for a female antagonist this time around.

Come to think of it, if the main baddie is a Russian, it's more likely that she's an ally. I don't think the film will have two Russian villains, that could be perceived as a political statement.
    I think I misread the article and got too excited, but the role seems to be that of an ally based on the characteristics (notice how the female role doesn't list any villainous traits).
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Yeah i misread that as well. So i guess this will be the main Bond girl.
    We can rule out Ana de Armas already
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Isn't it fair to assume they wouldn't be working on figuring out the title song artist when pre-production has barely commenced, or is this usually handled early in the filming schedule, too? I always surmised it was one of the last things they do, but maybe not. You lot are much more quick to remember the full beats of production than I am.

Well, according to Sam Smith, he wrote WOTW after he got the script and in the early stage of shooting... As for the other Bond movies, you are probably right, they were among the last thing that were done.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    00Agent wrote: »
    Yeah i misread that as well. So i guess this will be the main Bond girl.
    We can rule out Ana de Armas already
    She's a bit young for Craig anyway, so it's best to leave her for the next actor, IMO.
    So this would be the 3rd slavic actress in the Craig era after CR's Ivana Miličević from Bosnia (Le Chifres Girlfriend) and Obviously Olga Kurylenko who is Ukrainian born. Exited to see who they'll cast

I think I misread the article and got too excited, but the role seems to be that of an ally based on the characteristics (notice how the female role doesn't list any villainous traits).

Exactly, that's why I reacted in the first place. It sounds more like a description of a heroic character than a villain. But I wouldn't rule out anything.

Honestly, in my opinion Boyle might as well take a shortcut and simply cast Anjela Nedyalkova who was the female lead in Transpotting 2, is 27, from Bulgaria, and stole the show as far as i'm concerned. And she's very much the feisty fighter type.
    She is 3 years younger than De Armas though.
    A 23 year difference between her and Craig is a bit too much if it's a Bond girl role.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Apparently an artist already recorded a theme song.

*runsforthedoor*

:D :D :D
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Maybe the Russian villain will kill Blofeld in the PTS? That would be different.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    Another male Bond villian. Groundbreaking.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    These tidbits trickling in are certainly improving my outlook on B25. I’m actually getting excited!
    edited July 2018 Posts: 5,992
    Any doubt that the villain is inspired by Putin? He must be.
    HMBFF wrote: »
    Another male Bond villian. Groundbreaking.
    I'm a bit disappointed as well, tbh. Just make it interesting and I'll be happy.

I also love how this news squashes Cashley's tidbits like a bug. I look forward to how he'll inevitably incorporate all of this into his next post and expresses how "shocked" he was.
    Ok finally news I can get behind as this goes against the bs Cashey cashgrab mcgee was spewing

Whew

Ok now I can be excited
    Call Bond 25: To Russia, With Amnesia.
    This casting call announcement has made me begin to get excited about B25, and feel more optimistic. Things are looking up.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    boldfinger wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    Some more details in the casting call to think about:

Female Leading Role
    Playing age: 30 - 45
    Russian. (Also open to suggestions of actresses from the Balkans or similar) Must speak fluent English.
    Very Striking. Strong Physical / fighting / stage combat skills required.
    Characteristics: Intelligent, brave, fierce and charming. She's witty and skillful. A survivor.

Could it be that Craig will get to fight her? i would love to see that.
    It's not going to be Jolie, thats for sure.

All the three villains so far sound like classic Bondian archetypes, and that should hopefully put concerns to rest that this movie will be some overly depressing small scale drama.
    So far this is shaping up to be a fun ride.
    Why is that not Jolie?
    Jolie is not from Russia or the Balkans, and I can't imagine there would be any major villain roles beyond the three revealed here.

Of course, there's still the possiblity of Jolie playing a Bond girl part. But since this role is described as the "leading female", it would seem bizarre to cast Jolie in a smaller part.

But she can play a Russian though right?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    So Hinx is out?

And Mr Kil is in?
    Can we see an arrogant vile us president taken out by the the Russian villain in the pts? That would be fun.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Imagine if Boyle's big idea was indeed setting the movie in the '60s, hence the Russian villains.
    Remington wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    I wonder if SMERSH will play a role.

I remember a few fans suggesting Death to Spies as a possible future title. But I guess we already had too many titles with "die" in it.

True but it's still a great title.

Agreed, that's why I'd be fine with it!
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 5,767
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Maori, will Bond return to Tahiti.

Mabey another Live and Let Die ( Solace / ghost) element.
    Isn´t it obvious? They want to bring back Mr. Kil.

echo wrote: »
    Maybe the Russian villain will kill Blofeld in the PTS? That would be different.
    And make Blofeld even more of a laughing stock? Great idea.

echo wrote: »
    Any doubt that the villain is inspired by Putin? He must be.
    Then Craig could play him himself.
    "You and I, Mr. Bond, we´re very much alike."
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited July 2018 Posts: 3,157
    Imagine if Boyle's big idea was indeed setting the movie in the '60s, hence the Russian villains.
    Remington wrote: »
    I wonder if SMERSH will play a role.

I remember a few fans suggesting Death to Spies as a possible future title. But I guess we already had too many titles with "die" in it.

True but it's still a great title.

Agreed, that's why I'd be fine with it!

CashleyPersia just confirmed this on Reddit, guess what, only a couple of hours after I said it. :)) :)) :)) :))

Do people still trust him?
    I’m somewhat surprised that Dua Lipa is the name that has ‘leaked’ out.

She very much fits the mould that Eon/Sam Mendes set with SF and SP. She’s the most zeitgeisty singer from the UK that is causing the biggest wave internationally (and most importantly in the US). She has massive cachet and her name would bring a huge amount of attention to the film.

However, she doesn’t feel like a Danny Boyle choice to me….

Boyle’s musical tastes are rather particular and idiosyncratic. He’s the guy who picked an underground rave band to score Trainspotting, then used a Libertines song in a Steve Jobs film, he used younger talent like Wolf Alice and Young Fathers for T2.

I can’t see Boyle wanting to be so mainstream. I think Dua Lipa will probably be competing for the title song job, but her style is a little EDM for my tastes. Though she has done ‘big ballads’.

I particularly like her cover of this song. But it just makes me wonder what the Artic Monkeys would do with a Bond song.

There’s no denying that she’s a talented and beautiful girl. I wouldn’t be adverse to her getting it. But she feels like someone Sam Mendes would pick. I want someone who feels like a Boyle pick.

Actually, I've just stalked her Instagram. She can have the gig.