No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    @Goldeneye0094 Nothing that I'm aware of at present.

At best, we might get a snippet of something from the Lego event, depending on who's attending.

Hopefully babs and mike will be there
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,293
    jake24 wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    This time............it's personal.
    This time too?! :))
    Every time it’s a novelty, you know? ;)

Haha!

With Danny Boyle's "idea" I guarantee that it will be a personal story.

Just stay away from soap opera family drama stuff.

I guess it's very likely, but can we be completely certain? Maybe his "idea" is a reaction to the personal angle? Would love that.
    I guess it all depends on what one considers "personal" as well. At the end of the day, all I wish for is that it's a fresh interesting idea.

True. All the films - from CR to SP has a personal angle more or less - and if Boyle want to take a different approach, that is very welcome.
    Every time it’s a novelty, you know? ;)

Haha!

With Danny Boyle's "idea" I guarantee that it will be a personal story.

Just stay away from soap opera family drama stuff.

I guess it's very likely, but can we be completely certain? Maybe his "idea" is a reaction to the personal angle? Would love that.

Was Die Another Day a reaction to the criticism of Brosnan films being too much action and gadgets?

What does that have to do with the Craig era, other than DAD continuing the same way the previous (Brosnan) films did? Sure they could do the personal angle from Craig yet again, but it's really just tiresome.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited July 2018 Posts: 10,588
    DoctorNo wrote: »

Chris said: “[It’s] very exciting. I’m not going to talk about it, but I can’t remember being so excited about going on to a Bond. “It’s going to be very, very special.”

Corbould, who also worked on Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy and two of the latest Star Wars movies, was asked at a roundtable interview if there would be a similar focus on realism with Bond 25.

He added: “I wouldn’t be doing it otherwise. Think the Olympics.”

The Special effects supervisor added: “It’s still very early days and we’re still kicking ideas around.

“But it’s going to come together very quickly and very soon we’ll be thrashing it out, globetrotting and having a great time.”
    If Chris Corbould is the most excited for bond 25 then any other bond then we might be in for something very unique
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 5,185

Chris said: “[It’s] very exciting. I’m not going to talk about it, but I can’t remember being so excited about going on to a Bond. “It’s going to be very, very special.”

Corbould, who also worked on Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy and two of the latest Star Wars movies, was asked at a roundtable interview if there would be a similar focus on realism with Bond 25.

The Special effects supervisor added: “It’s still very early days and we’re still kicking ideas around.

“But it’s going to come together very quickly and very soon we’ll be thrashing it out, globetrotting and having a great time.”

nJ4quiZ.gif?noredirect

Also his comment about globetrotting should put these ridiculous rumors to rest that B25 would be mainly shot in London.

Now give me some locations so i can make travel Arrangements.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited July 2018 Posts: 5,979

Princess Leia floating around in space
    was realistic?!?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @echo, I don't believe those statements go hand-in-hand. I think it's just describing how the Bond films lately have been realistic, while simultaneously noting some recent films he has worked on...but at the same time, it does read the way you've described, too. Just feels odd to use the word "realism" when describing Star Wars.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    echo wrote: »

Princess Leia floating around in space
    was realistic?!?
    Apparently.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Have Years & Years revealed who's doing the Bond theme?
    https://bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-44866169/have-years-years-revealed-who-s-doing-the-bond-theme

I assume, Mikey is just going off internet rumours.
    Isn't it fair to assume they wouldn't be working on figuring out the title song artist when pre-production has barely commenced, or is this usually handled early in the filming schedule, too? I always surmised it was one of the last things they do, but maybe not. You lot are much more quick to remember the full beats of production than I am.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Isn't it fair to assume they wouldn't be working on figuring out the title song artist when pre-production has barely commenced, or is this usually handled early in the filming schedule, too? I always surmised it was one of the last things they do, but maybe not. You lot are much more quick to remember the full beats of production than I am.
    Pre-production is no doubt in full swing by now, but the title artist usually isn't decided until quite later on.
    Tom Cruise says he is a big James Bond fan and is very much looking forward to the next outing with Daniel Craig (around the 2:20 mark) :

Be nice if the fans were more like this.
    @jake24, excellent, I thought as much. It's why I was taken aback when we got those Ed Sheeran rumors so long ago.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @jake24, excellent, I thought as much. It's why I was taken aback when we got those Ed Sheeran rumors so long ago.
    I'm fairly certain Adele was chosen a couple months prior to principle photography, but with the B25 script still in the early stages I doubt they'd have anyone in mind.

Dua Lipa is a terrible choice, btw. I'm trying to think of anyone popular right now (and possibly British) who would actually be a good fit, and I'm struggling to come up with anyone.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Dua Lipa recently told the press she would love to do the theme song. This guy is simply recalling that.
    Dua Lipa recently told the press she would love to do the theme song. This guy is simply recalling that.

Dua lipa would be the most likely choice given eon's trend right now of hiring the most popular british artist at the moment I'm no fan of her music but she is quite talented and could churn out a great theme if given the right material
  • mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    Love that Chris Corbould is so excited. God it's going to be a long year and a half!
  • RC7RC7
    M_Blaise wrote: »
    Tom Cruise says he is a big James Bond fan and is very much looking forward to the next outing with Daniel Craig (around the 2:20 mark) :

Be nice if the fans were more like this.

Indeed.
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-casting-call?id=04406

Apparently the leading roles are a Russian male villain and a Russian female villain
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-casting-call?id=04406

Apparently the leading roles are a Russian male villain and a Russian female villain
    So far so good!
    Huge news. Updating now.
    Very cool! Hope Bond gets to go to Russia properly in this film In the Craig era he has only gone briefly at the end of QoS and in the video games Bloodstone & Goldeneye Reloaded.

So I guess we can all officially denounce cashleypersia then plus by the sounds of the female lead and the age range it sounds perfect for Scarlett Johansson my current favorite to take on a bond girl role
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Bond vs Russians, a classic matchup
    Russian villain could be possible with the current climate?
    And very fitting for this current political climate now that Russia seems to be a real world threat again
    I wonder if SMERSH will play a role.
    Back to fighting his old foes;-) Maybe a resurgent Smersh?
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Maybe it'll have a GE vibe due to the Russian characters.