No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2018 Posts: 32,591
    At the rate these are churned out, there's no way he's sticking around to do a sixth. I doubt the difference between "fifth" and "last" in an article is a hint that he'll do a sixth installment.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Though I’m still pretty sure this is Craig’s last, I did find it interesting that the statements only said it would be Craig’s 5th, and made no mention of it being his last. Just leaving the door open in case?

I prefer it that way. 5th outing sounds far better to me than final outing.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe JK ROFLing
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    At the rate these are churned out, there's no way he's sticking around to do a sixth. I doubt the difference between "fifth" and "last" in an article is a hint that he'll do a sixth installment.

Fans getting carried away with themselves.
    Like I said, I also think it’s his last, but I bet the purpose was to leave the door open for a potential DAF-like return like Connery had perhaps? Though I think most of us can agree we are ready for the next era after 25, I bet they are having trouble finding a good followup to Craig.
    Hopefully they accept it's his last installment sooner rather than later so they can begin the process of finding the next Bond as soon as possible. No sense in waiting a year or more after B25 to begin the process, as it'll just take that much longer to get production going. It'd be nice if B25 is a massive success at the box office and that helps get the search kickstarted.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Here's a plan. Rather than trying to predict whether it's his last, fifth, mid-installment whatever, just anticipate the film, enjoy it when it comes out, and leave the rest for fate and let time do the telling whether it's Craig or not. You'll only work yourself up if you try to think further what you'll never know till they tell you.
    Yes, I want B26 to make the 60th anniversary. Please no back2back 4 year waits.
    Hopefully they accept it's his last installment sooner rather than later so they can begin the process of finding the next Bond as soon as possible. No sense in waiting a year or more after B25 to begin the process, as it'll just take that much longer to get production going. It'd be nice if B25 is a massive success at the box office and that helps get the search kickstarted.

They’ll all have to have their usual long rest.
    Here's a plan. Rather than trying to predict whether it's his last, fifth, mid-installment whatever, just anticipate the film, enjoy it when it comes out, and leave the rest for fate and let time do the telling whether it's Craig or not. You'll only work yourself up if you try to think further what you'll never know till they tell you.

Again: what harm is there in discussing what the future may hold? There's not one person getting worked up over it. Expressing our hopes for what it (and B25) may hold, that's it. It's just odd to me seeing comments like this when we're 1,551 pages into discussing a film that we just got our second big confirmation on.

Indeed. I hope B25 rejuvenates EON, and that Universal is up for getting a release date for B26 established so the hunt can begin sooner than later.
    If we have to wait as long for 26 as we did 25, it at least better be the next actor(s) by then.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Indeed. I hope B25 rejuvenates EON, and that Universal is up for getting a release date for B26 established so the hunt can begin sooner than later.

I figure they won't want to go through the distribution headache all over again so I too could see them tackling more installments in the future. Definitely going to be weird seeing that Universal logo kick things off!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Again: what harm is there in discussing what the future may hold? There's not one person getting worked up over it. Expressing our hopes for what it (and B25) may hold, that's it. It's just odd to me seeing comments like this when we're 1,551 pages into discussing a film that we just got our second big confirmation on.
    Initially, no harm. Subsequently, arguments will spark, condescending comments from some members will come in the midst, and the thread will be derailed into a melodrama.
    Well I'm seeing no condescension or derailment over wondering whether or not he does a sixth. Time will tell. Though I think this thread has been derailed or turned into an argument to some degree once a page/every other page so it'd be par for the course!
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 1,734
    IMO with the 60th anniversary just 3 years away from Bond 25 in 2019 I don’t rule out Craig doing a 6th film.

Celebrate the 60th anniversary with a new actor starting or celebrate it with Daniel Craig ending his run as Bond.

fjdinardo wrote: »
    IMO with the 60th anniversary just 3 years away from Bond 25 in 2019 I don’t rule out Craig doing a 6th film.

Where is the connection? Why not leave the anniversary for the 7th actor in the role.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I figure they won't want to go through the distribution headache all over again so I too could see them tackling more installments in the future. Definitely going to be weird seeing that Universal logo kick things off!

I definitely hope so.

I'm a little confused, though. Is the Universal logo appearing only outside the U.S.? I imagine we here in the States will just be getting the MGM logo.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    For those clamoring for short turnarounds on Bond films, there is this cautionary note:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/25/media/solo-star-wars-movie-analysis/index.html

Now, I would agree that four years is too long. Two years apart may be too short.
    I love Craig as Bond, but I also think it’s time for the sun to set on his era. I could see EON trying to get him to do a 60th anniversary entry if they want to play it safe, but at the same time we already had him for the 50th, and with these longer gaps it may not even be likely it comes out on time. A lot is still up in the air for the long-term future. It would be better for us if Universal has more than 1 Bond lined up, so at least distributor would be knocked off the long to-do list.
    TripAces wrote: »
    For those clamoring for short turnarounds on Bond films, there is this cautionary note:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/25/media/solo-star-wars-movie-analysis/index.html

Now, I would agree that four years is too long. Two years apart may be too short.

The fundamental difference though is we're discussing a two year turnaround versus three or more with one single Bond film, versus several (or at least one, plus a bunch of confirmations of upcoming other titles) spin-offs, sequels and prequels a year from the Star Wars franchise. The latter already has me so burnt out that I doubt I check out just about any of those movies for the foreseeable future, which is a shame. I hope Bond never falls victim to the same distribution model. 2-3 years max per installment for Bond is absolutely viable.
    I think that's a entirely separate issue @TripAces. The article is referring to Star Wars fatigue with "four movies in two and a half years" and not one movie every two years. There's nothing wrong with releasing a Bond movie every 2 years. Notice the article isn't discussing Mission: Impossible fatigue.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    EON didn't missed the 40th anniversary in 2002 with DAD, and in 2012 with SF. I'm pretty sure they'll do Bond 26 in 2022.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 9,953
    I haven't seen any of the newer Star Wars movies and already I'm burnt out on them.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Now that universal is distributing maybe we can expect a bond attraction at universal theme park
    EON didn't missed the 40th anniversary in 2002 with DAD, and in 2012 with SF. I'm pretty sure they'll do Bond 26 in 2022.

They only missed the 30th because it fell in that deadzone between 89 and 95. They hit the 25th with TLD.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

They only missed the 30th because it fell in that deadzone between 89 and 95. They hit the 25th with TLD.

Exactly.

I don't think there would have been a 30th anniversary film regardless. They were aiming for a 1991 release date until it got pushed back. Tim's 4th outing would have been aimed for 1993.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Looks like I'm late to the party. Very happy about this press release, and I'm espacially pleased that it seems the Purvis & Wade era is finally OVER. Also, now even @Mendes4Lyfe has to admit Craig is officially on board. :)) (Or was it someone else who claimed Craig announcing his return on Colbert did not count as an official announcement?)

It's interesting that they already announced on which day exactly filming will begin. I don't think they have ever done that this far in advance before.
    They knew we were hungry for knowledge haha.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    bondsum wrote: »
    I think that's a entirely separate issue @TripAces. The article is referring to Star Wars fatigue with "four movies in two and a half years" and not one movie every two years. There's nothing wrong with releasing a Bond movie every 2 years. Notice the article isn't discussing Mission: Impossible fatigue.

True, it isn’t an apples-apples comparison. But EON still has to be mindful of saturation, even with a single character.