No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Latest from the website that hosts this forum.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,423
    This sounds horrible! Read through the plots of five-six in that link, and just stopped. It's incredible this gets published at all!
    Sadly, it already was published two years ago. It's raising a middle finger at Bond and the legacy.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm curious, if so much had yet to be organized, why nail a date over two years away? Perhaps they thought they'd have enough time to iron everything out and now it's looking a bit unlikely with Boyle's new movie? Who knows at this rate, hopefully we have a more concrete idea of the future by the end of summer at the latest.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Another day, another reason to be concerned...

I know, I know. It’s a trivial reason to get concerned, but this whole “development” process has seemingly been plagued with hiccups and misleading information.

Not long ago MGM reported 2019 would be headlined by Bond 25. Now these reports saying the movie will be delayed contradicts that statement. All the more frustrating, we’ve had LITTLE TO NO confirmation regarding ANYTHING about this movie & at this point in the game that’s just downright infuriating for us fans.

EON needs to work on their damage control skills & clear the air for us. We’ve had no information from them at all & that is just completely unacceptable.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Strog wrote: »
    Strog wrote: »
    Because, they can. Just like the abysmal first book they released in the country entitled License Expired, featuring short stories written by obvious James Bond haters. That's one of the reasons the Bond IP should not enter public domain.
    Well there'd no longer be reason to complain about the length of the gaps between films. We could complain about 10 opera Bonds per decade rather than 1 proper Bond.
    Depends, actually. Many franchises happen to be in public domain but there's hardly a film about them coming out once per decade. Zorro, for example. When was the last time we had a film? Wasn't it in 2005?

Many production companies have been developing films since at least then, but none of them have been materialized so far.
    Fair point. I've often thought Bond entering public domain would be a good thing on the whole, leading to more adaptations (however varied in quality they turned out), but I might be overestimating the interest and willingness of other production companies to develop something. Especially since Eon would be ready to pounce.

As long as Disney is older than Bond (which it always will be), public domain will never happen.
    Bond 25 is just another tabloid rumor, like Angelina Jolie and Simon Russell Beale. I mean, since when is Variety a reputable source?!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Bond 25 is just another tabloid rumor, like Angelina Jolie and Simon Russell Beale. I mean, since when is Variety a reputable source?!
    Exactly.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Latest from the website that hosts this forum.

So does this mean that the hosts of this site have heard the same from other sources?

I wonder what Cashley over at reddit has to say. I'm sure he'll chime in soon.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I read most so called Bond news with glazed eyes, taking on board every story/rumour would give me a headache. Oh to be back in the 80's films just got made and appeared with none of the endless speculation, I miss those times.
    I read most so called Bond news with glazed eyes, taking on board every story/rumour would give me a headache. Oh to be back in the 80's films just got made and appeared with none of the endless speculation, I miss those times.

I miss those days as well. I feel the series is truly in it's twilight era and I don't think Eon has many entries left. We'll be lucky to get the one more. If we're REALLY lucky, there may be another five or six years further down the line. But I don't believe EON has another new Bond actor "era" left in them.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I miss those days as well. I feel the series is truly in it's twilight era and I don't think Eon has many entries left. We'll be lucky to get the one more. If we're REALLY lucky, there may be another five or six years further down the line. But I don't believe EON has another new Bond actor "era" left in them.

Certainly the landscape is changing regarding cinema, with Michael G. Wilson into his mid 70's and I am really not sure what his input has been of late, it does feel like an end to a era. After DC it's anyone's guess what will happen and those still in charge now are they interested in continuing to steer the ship post DC?
  • mattjoes wrote: »

Variety reported that Danny Boyle was in the picture to direct Bond 25. Boyle seems to have confirmed that.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Another day, another reason to be concerned...

I know, I know. It’s a trivial reason to get concerned, but this whole “development” process has seemingly been plagued with hiccups and misleading information.

Not long ago MGM reported 2019 would be headlined by Bond 25. Now these reports saying the movie will be delayed contradicts that statement. All the more frustrating, we’ve had LITTLE TO NO confirmation regarding ANYTHING about this movie & at this point in the game that’s just downright infuriating for us fans.

EON needs to work on their damage control skills & clear the air for us. We’ve had no information from them at all & that is just completely unacceptable.

Haha, "unacceptable"...
    Yeah, I don’t know why Eon can’t post something that entails exactly what’s happening or are they not allowed?

Are we in for another LTK to GE down period?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Bounine wrote: »
    Yeah, I don’t know why Eon can’t post something that entails exactly what’s happening or are they not allowed?

As time goes by, it's beginning to look that way. The only information we had was that Purvis and Wade were writing a script and a Nov 2019 release date, and both could turn out to be false. If things get pushed back until summer 2020, there's no telling what could be the result.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,302
    This sounds horrible! Read through the plots of five-six in that link, and just stopped. It's incredible this gets published at all!
    Sadly, it already was published two years ago. It's raising a middle finger at Bond and the legacy.

Indeed it is! Wonder if it was/is a popular book or not (in terms of number of books sold).
    Broadly speaking, this thread has seen those who are genuinely concerned re the delays and the lack of progress/firm news and those who were confident that progress was being made behind the scenes and it would all work out fine.

At the moment, I tend to side with the former group.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 12,837
    A couple of months I wouldn't mind, at this point. I'll already have waited years. But anything more I think is an issue. Four years is really pushing it but five years between films with the same actor is a joke imo.

Can we even group them together and call them the Craig "era" anymore if it's just a few wildly different films spread out over the best part of two decades?
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 11,425
    the Craig generation.

they're all oaps now
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 19,339
    That's why Sir Roger will always be the longest serving Bond,to me at least,with his 7 films in 12 years.
    Bounine wrote: »

As time goes by, it's beginning to look that way. The only information we had was that Purvis and Wade were writing a script and a Nov 2019 release date, and both could turn out to be false. If things get pushed back until summer 2020, there's no telling what could be the result.

I loved back when Bond was a summer release. Somehow I feel EON is more comfortable with November. If B25 were to be pushed back, I'd say it would be a whole 'nother year.
    In that case, I think Daniel would have every right to bail out of this one if so inclined.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    That's why Sir Roger will always be the longest serving Bond,to me at least,with his 7 films in 12 years.

Too true, Bazza. Too true.
    Lengthy delays are I'm afraid inexcusable. Up too 1989 we got a new film every two years. Decent films...good films. Great films.
    From 1962-1965 we got four great films each year!
    Now we're lucky to get a new film every four-five years. Not good enough.

• RC7RC7

He made the most, but he won’t be the longest serving if Craig makes B25.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 19,339
    RC7 wrote: »

Quote : "To me at least."
    Birdleson wrote: »
    The true idiocy of the whole thing; the Bond actor with which they expect audiences to invest in and remember details and characters from movie to movie is the one with the unheard of (multiple) lengthy gaps in their tenure.
    I never thought about that before. It's quite laughable really.
    Connery is longest serving. #foreverbond
  • RC7RC7

Time served is a literal measure. You won’t be get any points on the pub quiz.

I can live without pub quiz points,no probs.

I can live without pub quiz points,no probs.
    Good man. I'll gladly get that hypothetical future question wrong as well, embarrassing though it would be to as a Bond fan. Sir Rog deserves it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Longest serving means just that. Craig wins if he does Bond# 25.