No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

As I already told here once, to my neighbors son the Bond movies have become strictly a proposition for elder people. He likes some of the Moore and Connery though.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 1,965
    Cubby would never let any of these delays happen
    I really think they should cut their losses with Craig now,he will be possibly even 5 years older than he was in SP.

He drove off into the morning sun so it should end there like it was supposed to.

We need a new Bond and a whole new re-think for B25.

Not going to happen though.
    Same old shit.
    First in terms of Bond multimedia we still got a lot this decade
    Two films (so far) with a third looking likely next year
    3 video games
    4 novels (I am including this years Forever and A Day)
    A bunch of comic books

Where as say for a Macgyver fan in the I believe 22 year gap between the last TV movie and the premiere of the reboot show we got
    1 crappy mobile game
    1 series of comic books
    2 commercials
    And that is it

(Oh yeah one horrible parody from snl which yeah let’s not talk about it)

So I think Bond fans can learn a thing or two about patience
    I know I’m gonna get a lot of flack for this but if these delays are just gonna keep happening everytime between Bond films then a part of me wants the series to end. Go out in a high note. Maybe it is better if EON sells the franchise
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I really think they should cut their losses with Craig now,he will be possibly even 5 years older than he was in SP.

He drove off into the morning sun so it should end there like it was supposed to.

Same old shit.

If they are so desperate for an older Bond, just bring Pierce back! He's still his cool self :))
    Pierce+Brosnan+UPCijnUmqm5m.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm willing to make a bet here. Bond will never end. It's too valuable a franchise. I do think it hasn't been managed very well of late, and there are many reasons for that as we know (I'm not laying blame at one person's door but we know who the suspects are).

Eventually this will all get back on track. Business needs will drive it all. It always does.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2018 Posts: 8,087

Same old shit.

Yeah, since 2006. Can't see how anyone can justify it taking over 4 years to knock out a Bond romp, but am sure many will try. It's a joke how creatively in a rut the series is. Reaching unprecedented levels of complacency, IMO.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited April 2018 Posts: 6,733
    Regarding the delays, once again my hope is that whoever partners up with MGM will demand more frequent films.

Marvel and Disney will hopefully force Bond to up its game.

Same old shit.

If they are so desperate for an older Bond, just bring Pierce back! He's still his cool self :))

He would be more entertaining too,after the last film !!

mattjoes wrote: »
    Regarding the delays, once again my hope is that whoever partners up with MGM will demand more frequent films.

Marvel and Disney will hopefully force Bond to up its game.

It doesn't seem to be,but hopefully if WB or Universal step in,then they would definitely want more frequency on the films.

Time is money to companies like WB,Universal,Disney,Marvel et al.

Just not for the crumbling cobwebbed filled studios of MGM.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Same old shit.

As much as I'd love to see that, in this reality that will never happen. Not even if people stirred the solar system along with its planets in a 360 degree rotation. That's not happening with Eon.
    This is all Harry’s fault. If he would of just sold his half to Cubby

Same old shit.

He most certainly would!

Same old shit.

As much as I'd love to see that, in this reality that will never happen. Not even if people stirred the solar system along with its planets in a 360 degree rotation. That's not happening with Eon.
    But it would be so exciting to see it happen... one can imagine!

Same old shit.

But it would be so exciting to see it happen... one can imagine!
    It'd take a miracle. And I'd be purchasing all the tickets available.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Well, all I can say is "ugh".
    Chaps it's important to keep in mind that as far as we know they are still on track for Nov 2019 with Boyle. Fingers crossed!
    bondjames wrote: »
    Chaps it's important to keep in mind that as far as we know they are still on track for Nov 2019 with Boyle. Fingers crossed!
    Of course. I'd believe the otherwise when they announce it.
    Whatever happens, I bet Bond 25 opens with the gunbarrel and no text of any kind.
    Whatever happens, I bet Bond 25 opens with the gunbarrel and no text of any kind.

This is a must.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Hopefully...

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    In an ideal world an October 2019 release date would be better. November 2019 is already heavy on box office competition, and I imagine they quite like the taste of $1 billion box office returns.

- Nov 1: Wonder Woman 2
    - Nov 8: James Bond 25 // Death on the Nile
    - Nov 15: Sonic the Hedgehog // Margie Claus
    - Nov 22: Terminator 6 // Untitled Fox/Marvel Film 2
    - Nov 27: Frozen 2
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    In an ideal world an October 2019 release date would be better. November 2019 is already heavy on box office competition, and I imagine they quite like the taste of $1 billion box office returns.

Very true. We had speculated here a few months back that they were likely to move this date for that very reason and I think they will too. I just don't know if it's going to be earlier or later, and if the latter how much farther out.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Very true. We had speculated here a few months back that they were likely to move this date for that very reason and I think they will too. I just don't know if it's going to be earlier or later, and if the latter how much farther out.

If they need the time December could make sense. The only big release thus far is Star Wars, and the last one didn't do as well as expected, and Solo seems to be all over the map, so it's star power may be fading. There are just too many options for movie goers in Nov as opposed to Oct/Dec.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2018 Posts: 4,554
    In the Variety story, did anyone catch the awkwardness of this sentence?

MGM announced last summer that it would open Bond 25 on Nov. 8, 2019, but it’s unlikely to do so.

Now, does this mean that MGM is unlikely to meet the November 8 due date? OR...does it mean that MGM is unlikely to the be the producer (it = MGM)?

Furthermore, The Express is reporting that it is Boyle's work schedule and not MGM's problems that will cause the delay. Hmmm.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    TripAces wrote: »

MGM announced last summer that it would open Bond 25 on Nov. 8, 2019, but it’s unlikely to do so.

Now, does this mean that MGM is unlikely to meet the November 8 due date? OR...does it mean that MGM is unlikely to the be the producer (it = MGM)?

Since they're discussing the dates regarding Bond 25 and Boyle's new musical/comedy, I'm assuming it's the former: unlikely to meet the previously announced date.

If they need the time December could make sense. The only big release thus far is Star Wars, and the last one didn't do as well as expected, and Solo seems to be all over the map, so it's star power may be fading. There are just too many options for movie goers in Nov as opposed to Oct/Dec.
    The trouble with that though is that Disney will lock down all IMAX theatres. They muscle their way in with the theatre chains. So inevitably that results in lost revenue for competitors.

I believe it is the former, because that will square with the THR article. So they mean that MGM is unlikely to meet the date.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    fjdinardo wrote: »

I am pretty sure it s Putin s fault.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

I am pretty sure it s Putin s fault.
    Or the other fella.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Since they're discussing the dates regarding Bond 25 and Boyle's new musical/comedy, I'm assuming it's the former: unlikely to meet the previously announced date.

I get that. But what a bad sentence.