No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Deadline just posted this. I'm not sure what to think now. This story outline is completely different from the last one I posted. Was the other one fake? Frankly, I doubt it as the source seemed serious and the premise convincing. Maybe that story was in fact from the Purvis and Wade script?
    James Bond is now happily married to Madeleine Swann, and they have a teenage daughter, Sophia. Madeleine thinks Bond is retired from MI6 and now works as a computer salesman, but in fact Bond stills carries out missions for the British government. While on a break from a top-secret assignment regarding a threat to the life of billionaire Maxwell Tarn, Bond finds evidence that suggests Madeleine is having an affair with Steve, a used car salesman that seduced her by pretending he was a spy who led an exciting, glamorous life. Bond forces coworker Bill Tanner to use the resources of MI6 to spy on Steve and Madeleine; they put on masks and abduct Madeleine, then interrogate her regarding her feelings for Simon and assign her a pseudo spy mission to add some excitement to her life. However, a group of terrorists linked to Harry's mission kidnap both him and Helen, and it's up to the couple to stop the bad guys, led by Aziz, from detonating an atomic bomb in Florida.

Tut tut. Not even a consistent April Fool.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    00Agent wrote: »
    Deadline just posted this. I'm not sure what to think now. This story outline is completely different from the last one I posted. Was the other one fake? Frankly, I doubt it as the source seemed serious and the premise convincing. Maybe that story was in fact from the Purvis and Wade script?
    James Bond is now happily married to Madeleine Swann, and they have a teenage daughter, Sophia. Madeleine thinks Bond is retired from MI6 and now works as a computer salesman, but in fact Bond stills carries out missions for the British government. While on a break from a top-secret assignment regarding a threat to the life of billionaire Maxwell Tarn, Bond finds evidence that suggests Madeleine is having an affair with Steve, a used car salesman that seduced her by pretending he was a spy who led an exciting, glamorous life. Bond forces coworker Bill Tanner to use the resources of MI6 to spy on Steve and Madeleine; they put on masks and abduct Madeleine, then interrogate her regarding her feelings for Simon and assign her a pseudo spy mission to add some excitement to her life. However, a group of terrorists linked to Harry's mission kidnap both him and Helen, and it's up to the couple to stop the bad guys, led by Aziz, from detonating an atomic bomb in Florida.

Whoever came up with this i just wanna say to him "you're fired"
    Heh.

Tuxedo wrote: »

Bond selling computers...
    He's become that guy in GoldenEye whose only purpose is to interrupt Natalya.

I'm against a major character in BOND 25 being named "Steve".
    Agreed. Ugh, it's so lame!

Tut tut. Not even a consistent April Fool.
    I literally don't know what you're talking about. Like, literally.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 13,894
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Well, one thing is sure, I will not be the last Bond film cause I just saw this :

McClory announce Warhead 2021

We throught, that even dead, Kevin McClory will continue to want to make a Bond movie ? Patrick McClory, son of Kevin, have talk to the Irish Examiner yesterday :

"During his lifetime, my father had always wanted to create the biggest James Bond movie. He had begun this great project with the actual author of the novels of the secret agent, Ian Fleming, and managed to do it with the movie Thunderball. Some time ago, I had the chance to be able to talk again with my father during a Spiritism session and his spirit told me, among other things: "junior, you have to finish what I have started", talking about Bond.

It was a revelation and I found the idea great! For reasons of rights it will be again a remake of Thunderball, the agreements signed between us and MGM/Danjaq in 2013 gave them the rights to adapt the novel while allowing us to keep ours, so we both have the right to adapt this particular novel. A script is currently in development and our lawyers are working on the legal issues for a release date that we estimate to be 2021. Although he has retired from acting for several years, Sean Connery [87 years old] will come back to this film, as a tribute to my father with whom he was very close until the end. We are thinking of shooting a large part of our Warhead 2021 here in Ireland, New York and Australia with a lot of underwater shooting, and a good amount of it will be done at the Great Barrier Reef.

Warhead 2021 should also allow us to launch our own cinematic 007 universe, featuring films around key characters from Thunderball and exploring their origins, such as Blofeld, Felix Leiter, Moneypenny, or Nigel Small-Fawcett. We don’t think we’re competing with EON Productions because obviously they don’t want to do films about any characters other than Bond, but again our lawyers are still working on the legal issues. My father at least loves the idea and gave me valuable advice from where he belongs now. In fact we have already talked with Alden Ehrenreich about accepting a role in one of these films, but at this stage, it’s not in our interest to say more about it".

http://www.commander007.net/2018/04/mcclory-annonce-warhead-2021-sean-connery/

Warhead-2021.png

The video teaser : https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6gr9z9

Not even death could stop Mclory's greed. Wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be true.

Lily James would look too young next to Craig / Craig would look to old next to Lily James.

It's your opinion but it's nonsense. I'm sick of this attitude about a man over or a certain age looking too old to be with a woman of a certain age.

Ok, I don't know who took a steaming dump in your porridge, but it wasn't be, so get a grip on yourself. I am not talking about men in general. Craig looks older than he is, moreso opposite the youthful Lily James.
    Ridiculous. If the girl is over 18 she can date and be with whoever she wants. Why does such a thing offend you?

You have eyes, don't you? If so, try opening them. Nowhere did I say that such a thing offends me. But with Craigs look, and his age, they need to pick more carefully with the age of the next Bond Girl. I have said it elsewhere, but I wouldn't expect you to go out of your way to find my posts, but I am all for the Bond Girl to be aged up. As I have said in other threads that my top three choices for this are Diane Lane, Julianne Moore, and Virginia Madsen.

Obviously it offends your sensibilities or you wouldn't complain about it. Why age-up the Bond girls just to fit your image of what type of relationship Bond should have? It's politically correct garbage. This is suppose to be a fantasy kind of film series, not a night out with mom and pops. I love me some MILFS but Bond is BOND and should be able to get whatever kind of girl he wants. If it creeps you out, don't watch it.

"Obviously is offends your sensibilities."

You must give me the name of your oculist. Judging but your overreaction to my post(s), i'd say it is you whom is offended. It is just the opinion of another person, there is no need to get freaked out or take it personally. I am all for a Kate Upton Bond Girl, I just don't want it to look creepy if the Bond actor looks as if he could be her father.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    There is a myriad of actresses ranging from roughly 35 to 45 who would be fitting. Yes, adults are free to associate with whom they please but on screen aesthetics must be taken into account, and I don't think most filmgoers want to see Craig paired with an actress who could be, or looks like she could be his daughter.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I don't think we'll be seeing Craig make it with a Bibi like girl. :))
    The reddit guy posted again:

Boyle is said to have a female villain at the centre of his Bond film and he is actively casting the role now. They want an A-list actress for the role.

The EMILY BLUNT for Bond villain campaign begins NOW.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The reddit guy posted again:

Boyle is said to have a female villain at the centre of his Bond film and he is actively casting the role now. They want an A-list actress for the role.
    The EMILY BLUNT for Bond villain campaign begins NOW.
    I'd actually watch that.
    Tom Hardy looks to be having some fun with the Daily Express's attempt at an April fool's joke today:

God, I wish this was true...
    Tom Hardy looks to be having some fun with the Daily Express's attempt at an April fool's joke today:

Looking at that picture of Hardy there, I sort of think the same. Three films starting with Bond 25 would do nicely.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Looking at that picture of Hardy there, I sort of think the same. Three films starting with Bond 25 would do nicely.
    Not my first pick, but I could endorse this just for variety's sake.
    My first pick to be honest not that I will get it but still
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a relative unknown, or at best a fringe (so far as the general public is aware) actor.

+1
    I'm hoping for a relative unknown, or at best a fringe (so far as the general public is aware) actor.
    For bond 27 after craigs next two.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    To me Tom Hardy is everything but Bond.
    +1
    For the first time in human history, I'm in agreement with ClarkDevlin.
    Drinks are on me.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    +1

+2 I don't see it either.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I don't like Hardy's look, for Bond anyway. For a change after the rugged, albeit very virile look of Daniel Craig, I'd like them to choose someone in the mold of Roger Moore or Pierce Brosnan.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Hardy has a reputation for being difficult on set, for example with Mad Max: Fury Road. [He apologized to George Miller after seeing the finished film, admitting he didn't see the director's vision before then.]

There's really not much reason to go there, unless the producers plan a one-time experiment or a 2- or 3-film arc. And Hardy himself is so in love with the concept that he convinces the producers of his commitment to the project.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I don't like Hardy's look, for Bond anyway. For a change after the rugged, albeit very virile look of Daniel Craig, I'd like them to choose someone in the mold of Roger Moore or Pierce Brosnan.

I agree completely!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Curious to see not only who they may pick for the next Bond, but just how long it'll take them to get around to B26.
    @Birdleson if we’re lucky. Ever since QOS ended they’ve been moving at snail pace getting things done. SF to SP was 3 years, but they already had much of the same crew. Considering how much is likely to change between 25 and 26, I feel like 2023 or 2024 sadly is more likely. I’m certainly worried what direction they go in next and who they use. I’m a big fan of the Craig era overall so my expectations will be low.
    Business pressures will light a fire under their rear ends with any luck. MGM needs the revenue.
    I hope you’re right. And more importantly, I hope whoever they choose next is up to the challenge and they get great material. Craig to me is one of the best things that happened to the franchise. He has been an absolutely wonderful Bond, even with the flawed SP under his belt. The best after Connery for me.
    I really don't have any concerns about the next Bond. I'm sure he will be excellent. I'm very much looking forward to a different interpretation after so long.
    I'm worried. I really like all 6 EON Bond actors. I'm just worried they finally could mess up. Do you think that in theory if the next Bond actor were to be really bad, they would get cut after just 1 movie? Or should they get at least 2?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I'm worried. I really like all 6 EON Bond actors. I'm just worried they finally could mess up. Do you think that in theory if the next Bond actor were to be really bad, they would get cut after just 1 movie? Or should they get at least 2?
    I think the actor require at least two or even three to really get comfortable in the role and make it his own. Historically the first two films have had the best performances and the third is normally a knockout film at the box office (with one exception).

EON and MGM tend to be loyal so I don't think they'll throw someone under the bus if they don't get a great first entry, but one never knows because the first film has usually been a knockout for all actors.

Craig has been good, but I'm perhaps not as impressed with him as you are though, so I may look upon the next actor more favourably, as long as they follow the old template. As others have said, I think the time for experimentation is over for now. Time to get back to tall and suave.
    --
    They were going to cut Lazenby after one, regardless of his turning down the contract. The studios would have insisted.
    I didn't know that. I recently learned that the studio insisted on Connery's return for DAF, so they have made some good decisions. Otherwise, it would have been Gavin.
    @Birdleson what if Bond 25 is better than GF?
    Being realistic I think at best it could only be second to CR in Craig’s tenure.