No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited April 2018 Posts: 4,619
    I mean we've already got the Scooby gang back at MI6 so now why not Short Round (with an inevitable Netflix spinoff for Shorty) accompanying Bond in the field? F**king dismal.
    I suspect nobody will be accompanying Bond in the field as he won't be a 00 agent in Bond 25 anymore. No, it will be Bond who accompanies the young agent in the field.

By the way, who do you think they would cast as the young female agent? I'm thinking they would go for someone who is clearly much younger than Craig and is clearly too young to be a love interest. Olivia Cooke would be a great choice, she was easily the best thing about Ready Player One.
    I guess there's no need to panic unduly yet as it's all just rumour.
    Not everyone here is panicking. In fact, I LOVE these rumours, as a female villain + a young female agent Bond mentors are exactly the two main things I've wanted to see in a Bond film for a long time.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Still - correct me if I'm wrong - this Reddit guy who claims to know things about Bond 25 has no way to prove himself, does he? The only things he were right about were the fact Boyle and Hodge were writing the script, and that had been announced by deadline earlier.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited April 2018 Posts: 9,117
    TR007 wrote: »
    News of Bond mentoring a younger agent is interesting. Surely setting the stage for a spin-off?

Aaarrrghhhh!!! Dammed be the soul of everyone who spends his money on a ticket of something like that. You really can't imagine how shocking it is for me to realize, that there are people who use the word 'interesting' in context of such ideas.
    Indeed. I guess to be fair having your bollocks being gnawed on by rabid rats could be described as 'interesting' too.
    Not everyone here is panicking. In fact, I LOVE these rumours, as a female villain + a young female agent Bond mentors are exactly the two main things I've wanted to see in a Bond film for a long time.
    Christ.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Or Lilly James cause when cashpersia said the role was probably already formally cast it could be possible boyle casted her in both his Beatles film and bond 25 at the same time.
    I'm sorry but this Bond mentoring crap is as good as him having a kid, a brother, or having the scooby gang back. James Bond isn't that, damn it!

Here's hoping the man who said he read all the Flemings books and is a fan will laugh of these so called ideias and have a real genius one, such as finally making a proper James Bond film.We don't have one of those since 1965 (Yes, i just said that)
    Univex wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this Bond mentoring crap is as good as him having a kid, a brother, or having the scooby gang back. James Bond isn't that, damn it!

Here's hoping the man who said he read all the Flemings books and is a fan will laugh of these so called ideias and have a real genius one, such as finally making a proper James Bond film.We don't have one of those since 1965 (Yes, i just said that)

And how was thunderball the last proper james bond film!!???
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Christ.
    Bond's relationship with women is the single most interesting thing about him. We have never had a female main villain before (Elektra WHO?), so having one would be automatically interesting. As for a female agent Bond mentors, it's something we have never seen before, and would be about 10 times as interesting as Bond mentoring a young male agent.
    James Bond isn't that, damn it!
    Danny Boyle's BOND 25 is going to piss off so many Bond fans. I already LOVE it! =)) Seriously though, if you think you would dislike a Bond movie radically different from anything we have seen before, you should hibernate until Bond 26.
    How about a young female villain that turns out to be that young agent? It'll be combining two terrible ideas.
    Wow it amazes me how people are acting like a young female MI6 agent is the absolute worst thing they could do in a bond film there have been alot more worse decisions made in bond films before [Invisible Car anyone?]
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Good Lord, this thread. Urgh, well, this is all bs until either Baz gives us a scoop, Boyle/Hodge confirms what they're doing or an official announcement from EoN.
    Wow it amazes me how people are acting like a young female MI6 agent is the absolute worst thing they could do in a bond film there have been alot more worse decisions made in bond films before [Invisible Car anyone?]

Two wrongs don't make one right. And DAD had a very close idea to the young female agent with Jinx.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    As long as they draw on MI:RN's Ilsa Faust for inspiration, and not their own irksome Jinx, then this could turn out alright in the end.
    Christ.
    Bond's relationship with women is the single most interesting thing about him. We have never had a female main villain before (Elektra WHO?), so having one would be automatically interesting.
    Utterly moronic statement. A good script makes a character automatically interesting not simply lopping their cock off.

How much more interesting some of the truly great villains like Kriegler, Whitaker and Elvis would automatically have been if only someone had thought to give them a fanny and tits.
    As for a female agent Bond mentors, it's something we have never seen before, and would be about 10 times as interesting as Bond mentoring a young male agent.
    And having him not mentor anyone and just get on with a sodding mission would be 1000 times more interesting.

We can at least expect a couple of tweets from EON! :))
    40th: I can only remember DAD and it's crappy references (Pierce sniffing Klebb's shoe a low point that gets missed in amongst all the other lunacy) but I wasn't living in the country then so I daresay there was an ITV special again. Also Corgi did a reasonable job (not as good as the 30th) with some re-releases I think.

After all these years, I've never noticed him smelling that shoe!

If Pierce starred in FRWL, he would have sniffed her hair and made out with her as well after Tatiana Shot her.

You are forgetting that he would also bite her shoulder and clench his jaw really hard too

:)) :)) :))
    @TheWizardOfIce "I want my mission! I want my mission!!"
    a700150942de644295d21826eb13b3f9-huilbaby.jpg
    God this thread is cracking me up!
    God this thread is cracking me up!

This thread is in danger of being more entertaining than the film itself!
    Ludovico wrote: »
    How about a young female villain that turns out to be that young agent? It'll be combining two terrible ideas.

I guess the keyword here is terrible.
    Some recent thoughts:

-I don't really want Tom Hardy as Bond. It might work, but I don't feel good about it.
    -Bond "mentoring" a young female agent sounds meh on the surface, but if done well, might actually be somewhat interesting. Just don't let it be the focus.
    -If these story details are true, luckily The Property of a Lady might finally get used (that and Risico are my Top 2 choices for the title).
    -None of these details are even guaranteed to be true...
    Christ.
    Bond's relationship with women is the single most interesting thing about him. We have never had a female main villain before (Elektra WHO?), so having one would be automatically interesting. As for a female agent Bond mentors, it's something we have never seen before, and would be about 10 times as interesting as Bond mentoring a young male agent.
    James Bond isn't that, damn it!
    Danny Boyle's BOND 25 is going to piss off so many Bond fans. I already LOVE it! =)) Seriously though, if you think you would dislike a Bond movie radically different from anything we have seen before, you should hibernate until Bond 26.

You don't know how more and more comforting it is becoming to me, that I still don't believe any of those rumors.
    I'm feeling extremely indifferent to these supposedly amazing ideas. Bond mentoring a young female agent. Yawn. We might as well have the twist be that she turns out to be Moneypenny.
    A female villain with a "personal connection" to Bond. Yawn. I suppose if OCTOPUSSY had been made today the media might publicize Maud Adams as a villainous character with a "personal connection" to Bond.
    On a positive note, its still fairly early in the game to not take these plot line rumors too seriously.
    A lot of this will come down to the direction. If it's competent, engaging, lively and brings out the best of the script, the characters and the actors then it should be fine.

Conceptually these rumours aren't as horrendous as brothergate, so it's possible to make something out of it. The question is will they? That's up to Boyle.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Conceptually these rumours aren't as horrendous as brothergate, so it's possible to make something out of it. The question is will they? That's up to Boyle.
    But surely his 'big idea' has to amount to more than this doesn't it?
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    edited April 2018 Posts: 732
    I was super-excited when SP was in the works. Started to worry when Waltz was cast (I am no fan of him), was close to terrified when that title“song“ of Sam Smith was released and also the soundtrack ... and my stomach was right.

Right now I am still easy - there is nothing more than rumours (remember that „Satellite“ story details that „leaked“ when SF was in the works?) and after SP they will do many things better that did not work out last time.

I keep my hopes high - there are way more positive signs than negative ones
    We all need to cool it a little. We're still far out from real, big news most likely. I think Boyle's great idea definitely hasn't been revealed through the given story details, which may not even be true. I would assume the great idea is the plot. We don't really know that yet...
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    ...was close to terrified when that title“song“ of Sam Smith was released and also the soundtrack ... and my stomach was right.
    That's putting it mildly from my perspective. Nothing did more to destroy my anticipation than that tripe.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    We're reacting to possibilities, there's zero harm in that. I'm not sure why we're so eager to share rumors if reacting to said rumors, inevitably true or false, is out of the question.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He is training a new female muslim agent to be the new 007.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    He is training a new female muslim agent to be the new 007.
    Somehow I can see that being a possibility you know. Boyle is a political type and this would certainly make a statement. Perhaps she has to deal with and overcome discrimination and suspicion within the OO section itself.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,291
    Have to say I don't like the "Bond "mentoring" a young agent" thing at all.