No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    May is the most likely I agree in fact in my opinion it should come now
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited April 2018 Posts: 1,755
    What if Monica Bellucci gets the villain role? I think that’d be kinda cool. Let’s face it, she’s no saint with her connections to SPECTRE. Plus, she expressed her interest in returning if the opportunity arose.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    What if Monica Bellucci gets the villain role? I think that’d be kinda cool. Let’s face it, she’s no saint with her connections to SPECTRE. Plus, she expressed her interest in returning if the opportunity arose.
    Well she certainly had a 'personal connection' with Bond. Interesting idea although I'd prefer someone new personally.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Will Hodges be able to write inventive/exciting action sequences?

If the rumors are true, it can’t be her since it said they’re looking for an actress. No reason not to just get Bellucci back if it’s the same character. Still, I would be cool with seeing her as the main villain should SPECTRE return.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Will Hodges be able to write inventive/exciting action sequences?
    I hope so. I still doubt he'll remain the sole writer of the project.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Action sequences are fleshed out by stunt coordinators and second-unit directors anyway, aren't they?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 10,588
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Action sequences are fleshed out by stunt coordinators and second-unit directors anyway, aren't they?
    They tend to be responsible for the bulk of what we see, if I'm correct.
    I had a thought last year of the mentor idea but didn't expect it would be a female agent. It sounds okay & would be appropriate for DC. The female villain has to be done right after they dropped the ball with waltz. I can see the story already, the female agent or mi6 has to track down & convince the world weary old legendary 007 to save England
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I don't want a goddamned sidekick.
    I don't think that's what this mentor idea would entail (again, people are reading way too much into this). I would imagine more of a Camille type scenario.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 832
    jake24 wrote: »
    I don't think that's what this mentor idea would entail (again, people are reading way too much into this). I would imagine more of a Camille type scenario.
    Or camille returning??
    The next one needs to be all about bond. I am not interested in seeing a sidekick or a movie message or theme pushed about female empowerment eat up screen time, if this is their big idea I'd rather have the P&W script. I hope babs & eon get this right.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 1,755
    I would gladly welcome Camille returning. That to me is an unfinished story.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 12,837

I think this would be different from a Wai Lin/Jinx type. Someone more vulnerable, the same way Bond is in CR, and more Bond leading them along and teaching them than them fighting side by side/one upping him. I don't think we've ever had Bond as a proper mentor (I guess Melina and Camille are the closest), and I think it's an idea that has potential.

I agree though, it should still be Bond's film. One of the reasons I couldn't stand Die Hard 5 was because they took that route with his son. But I'm optimistic because it's Boyle.

Although to be fair, my attitude in general is pretty relaxed at this point. I really don't care what they do with the next Craig movie. I want it to be good don't get me wrong, but I don't have any strong feelings about the direction they should take. They've messed around with things so much that I'm sort of desensitised to it now, so they can do what they want for his last as far as I'm concerned. But I do want all this experimenting confined to 2006-2019, and a more traditional back to basics approach with the next actor.
    Question. This has been on my mind since Boyle’s involvement. Since he is known to work with smaller budgets, is it possible they may skimp on exotic locations for Bond 25?

I certainly hope not.
    Question. This has been on my mind since Boyle’s involvement. Since he is known to work with smaller budgets, is it possible they may skimp on exotic locations for Bond 25?

I certainly hope not.

I doubt that (although to be fair wasn't most of SF shot in the UK anyway, with Craig not even going to China? They can make it work). I think everyone involved knows that the globe trotting is important.

I do think we might get less big setpieces though, partly because of Craig's age coupled with him liking to do the action himself, partly because Boyle doesn't like monster budgets and partly because of how much they threw at SP only for it to make noticeably less than SF.
    A central villain with yet another personal connection to Bond and a protege? I don’t like the sound of this at all. At least I have learnt early on this time that I don’t have to get my hopes up.
    Come on, it's one of the quintessential Bond elements: beautiful women, fast cars, great locations, gadgets, villains with personal connections to Bond... ;)
    Villain is a chef who serves Bond severely undercooked foods to poison him. That’s the brilliant idea.
    An outraged chef.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Saw Ex Machina yesterday... I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but man, I wish Boyle would have asked Alex Garland to co-write the script.

Oh, hell yeah!
    His name is Sam, and he has an evil wife chef named Ella. Together, they are Sam and Ella (salmonella). They will be the most evil, powerful duo known to the Bond franchise.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    An outraged chef.

What about an excellent chef?
    chef-excellence.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2018 Posts: 4,554
    As for the Bond mentoring a young woman storyline, is this where the Cara Delevingne rumors were coming from? https://www.vogue.com.au/culture/features/cara-delevingne-may-be-in-the-running-for-the-next-james-bond-flick/news-story/84e29716aea6757ed6b313aad7d987d1?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    TripAces wrote: »
    As for the Bond mentoring a young woman storyline, is this where the Cara Delevingne rumors were coming from? https://www.vogue.com.au/culture/features/cara-delevingne-may-be-in-the-running-for-the-next-james-bond-flick/news-story/84e29716aea6757ed6b313aad7d987d1?

What a nightmare.

Hopefully the doom and gloom can be washed away sooner than later...
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 684

I certainly hope not.
    Not necessarily. In one of his interviews Boyle was talking about SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE and how he felt that taking a small crew to India allowed him to get closer to the location, put it up on the screen more faithfully. So it might be a benefit.

That said, depending on just how much money a small budget Bond film would come out to, I could see them limiting the locations to, say, London and one other, as with DN. I'd be fine with that.

I've thought for a while now that Ireland (Republic and/or Northern) could be good for such a 'bottle' film. It's a beautiful place. I was really happy to hear last year that Barbara welcomed the potentiality of filming there one day. Bond's well overdue a visit, I think.
    Ireland would be a nice location to see get used. I wouldn’t mind just having like 3 locations, so long as the execution is good. A smaller-scale Bond film might be what we need after the SF and SP epics.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Ireland would be a nice location to see get used. I wouldn’t mind just having like 3 locations, so long as the execution is good. A smaller-scale Bond film might be what we need after the SF and SP epics.

That's what I'm hoping for too. I really liked the last two films but something a bit shorter and leaner would be refreshing at this point. Seems pointless trying to one up or match the scale of SP with its bespoke Aston Martin and world record breaking explosion.

I think a small tight little thriller would be a nice way for Craig to finish after the last two epics and that sort of film would suit an older Bond actor. It'd also give Craig a chance for some gritty dramatic character stuff ala CR, which I think is what he's craving (SF and SP focused a lot on him as a character too but it still felt very big and epic, lots of long broody shots).
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

1000% this.