No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    @bondjames: see above, points 1-4; coffee still stands.

Yes @Birdleson agreed: one of our members who no longer comments on this site did hear a neat rumour. EoN production ppl we’re moving into offices by April. If this rumour is true, that would mean there’s a working script in place (and has been for a while).
    Prediction: the director of Bond 25 will be officially announced in less than 30 days.
    I think it happens in March, after the Oscars. Ends up being Denis or Nolan.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Prediction: the director of Bond 25 will be officially announced in less than 30 days.

Is this based on any inside information @PanchitoPistoles ?
    Or, like Quasimodo, do you have a hunch?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Nolan won't direct Craig's last film, I don't think. He will reinvent Bond when the time comes. I don't think Denis is free to do it either. Frankly I think Mendes might return again and complete his trilogy. Just my hunch. I think he and Craig would have patched things up by now, and finding someone to conclude the story is probably harder than first imagined. Mendes is a safe pair of hands from EON's perspective. I don't think they are looking to push the boat out with this next film, but play it safe for the most part.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Will you throw the biggest tantrum the forum has ever seen if it's not?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Recent photos of Craig seen on Instagram visiting England’s Rugby team I believe. He’s looking good!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Recent photos of Craig seen on Instagram visiting England’s Rugby team I believe. He’s looking good!
    Why the heck does Daniel Craig have his shirt on in that first group photo? Just sayin'.

Still, he does look great as you said.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    talos7 wrote: »
    No doubt Bond has the greater legacy but we live in s world of ‘what have you done for me lately’; that would be SPECTRE and Rogue Nation. One shows a franchise that is, at best, stagnant, or worse, lost and in decline, while the other is ascending, thriving and has people at the helm who have vision.

After the new fallout trailer, this post couldn't be anymore true.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Craig looks off to me. He looks doey and his hair style just looks terrible.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @doubleoego -- that was a great trailer, wasn't it? When Cavill looks better than a block of wood, there's something good going on.

Yes, DC needs to hit the gym hard.

EoN needs their story polished.

Accept that competition is the Mother of Invention. Come out and kick ass, or--

Get your ass kicked.

Good for M:I: they just drew the line in the sand.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    It’s the hair. He doesn’t have it styled up in the front line he usually does. His face, however looks fine. He looks rested/youthful.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    He's fat in the face in those photos. His hair looks terrible too.
    Got some work to do before he dons a tux again methinks.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Benny wrote: »
    He's fat in the face in those photos. His hair looks terrible too.
    Got some work to do before he dons a tux again methinks.
    Agreed.
    The hair is flat from the cap he was wearing. As gor thr rest, he does need to loose a bit of weight. True. But then again, not a problem.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Germanlady wrote: »
    The hair is flat from the cap he was wearing. As gor thr rest, he does need to loose a bit of weight. True. But then again, not a problem.

Let's hope they don't start shooting anytime soon. More than happy to have Craig back. However he needs to lose a few kilos, or he's going to look like Sean in DAF.
    The podgy face really doesn't look good.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm sure he'll get himself in shape for the role as he usually does. My concern is more with CGI effects. In SP there were quite a few instances where he looked rather airbrushed (particularly around the eyes where they seemed to be attempting to hide visible crow's feet) and I sincerely hope they don't have to resort to that sort of visual trickery again. If they insist on an older Bond then go all the way.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 8,087
    I'm pretty sure we'll get an airbrushed Bond for Bond 25. Its the standard now for leading men over 50 like Robert Downey JR and Tom Cruise. With regards to Craig, remember it's still about 10 or 11 months away until shooting. That means he has time to lose the weight, but it also means he has time to put more on. :(
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,423
    I'm sure we won't see a fatso Bond the way it has been done in YOLT and DAF.
  • [/quote]
    I think spectre is a poor bond film. However, to me at least, a poor bond film is way better then any reguler film. Something like MI5 just can’t compete in my mind with the production scale that is Bond.
    [/quote]

Really? Then check out the incredible trailer for M:I Fallout, out this summer. Looks like they have really outdone themselves this time. Watch that trailer and say it can't compare to a Bond production. Looks amazing.

• doubleoego wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    No doubt Bond has the greater legacy but we live in s world of ‘what have you done for me lately’; that would be SPECTRE and Rogue Nation. One shows a franchise that is, at best, stagnant, or worse, lost and in decline, while the other is ascending, thriving and has people at the helm who have vision.

After the new fallout trailer, this post couldn't be anymore true.

I know. That trailer they showed during the Superbowl looks amazing. It looks like a EON's got some serious competition now.
    And in only 3 years, not 4! EON had better deliver something stellar in 2019, not just to make up for the underwhelming SP, but to assert itself as the true Spy franchise to beat. Something about that trailer for MI Fallout made me worry that Bond has finally been beat at his own game.
    Don't worry about Bond. If there's a setback, they'll always make a comeback.

The Mission: Impossible film franchise is highlighted for Tom Cruise's stunts mainly.

The Bond franchise is celebrated for the Bond character and his gallantry mainly.

So, no matter the circumstances, Bond will never go out of popularity. Not when there's a change in regime with more vision. The public demand for the character is also quite high, so I'm not quaking in my boots about Bond's future.
    @ClarkDevlin "Bond will never go out of popularity."

If that attitude resides within EON, then we are in big trouble. Society, culture, movies etc all move forward and nothing can be taken for granted.

edited February 2018 Posts: 15,423
    @patb, it's all about the vision. I'm sure Eon doesn't look at it that way because they have something to lose. If they are all careless about the franchise, taking Bond's "superiority" for granted, it will blow up in their faces, they'll go bankrupt and might as well sell the IP to someone else, which I am sure there are many people dying to get their hands on.

Bond, however, as a character and a franchise will be in demand. It's a cultural icon, not a temporary sensation of the times. He's as popular as Sherlock Holmes. Once the character goes in public domain, there will be tons of Bond films to come out by different productions.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    The longer the breaks between films the harder they have to work to pull in a new generation.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Don't worry about Bond. If there's a setback, they'll always make a comeback.

The Mission: Impossible film franchise is highlighted for Tom Cruise's stunts mainly.

The Bond franchise is celebrated for the Bond character and his gallantry mainly.

So, no matter the circumstances, Bond will never go out of popularity. Not when there's a change in regime with more vision. The public demand for the character is also quite high, so I'm not quaking in my boots about Bond's future.

Exactly.
    Mission Impossible is all about Tom, his Hollywood status and his newfound reputation as a suicidal maniac.

Bond on the other hand reinvents itself every decade with a new face, and has done so for 60 years. A trick that MI has to pull of successfully first.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 4,600
    "Exactly.
    Mission Impossible is all about Tom, his Hollywood status and his newfound reputation as a suicidal maniac."

Thead drift ; sorry. If that were true, his other action movies would perform well which they dont. There is more to MI than Tom Cruise IMHO just as there was more to James Bond than Sean C.