No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• It sounds so generic it almost sounds like a parody.

????

I don't throw the phrase "tin ear" around too often, but you sir have earned the moniker!
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    edited November 2017 Posts: 754
    Totally agree @TripAces. Good to see he understands his limitations and who the real deal is... fans should be pining for George Miller to direct a Bond not Soderbergh.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I mean, just listen to this track by Giacchino:

It's a lot more focused, dynamic and does a lot better job of paying homage to Barry than just repeating the Bond motif over and over.

Agreed. Giacchino is in a different league as far as I'm concerned and The Incredibles score is one of the best of the past 15 years.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I dunno, @TripAces. I'm not a fan of Soderbergh, but his respectful comments for George Miller show an interest in developing his craft. Pair him with the Bond production team and greatness could follow.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i wouldn't be opposed to Michael Giacchino - but it also depends which Giacchino you get.. i was underwhelmed by his scores to Rogue One and Dr. Strange, the latter of which he merely recycled his main cue from Star Trek for Dr. Strange's Theme..

Barry spent years developing the iconic Bond sound - certain musical cues and sounds we expect to hear... I thought Arnold did a great job of being a Steward to that sound, as well as bringing in his own style and sound, and by CR and QOS, I thought he had really matured - so yes, i would love for him to return.. just listen to any interview from him, i posted one on here a few years ago about his scoring of CR - he GETS Bond...

I am not opposed to new blood - seeing what someone else can do.. and they dont have to be a Barry clone, but when I watch a Bond movie, I want it to sound like A BOND MOVIE - not Generic Hollywood Blockbuster Soundtrack vol. 11.. and i fear that the further away from that Barry-esque sound we move, the more we lose it - and the music has always been a strong identity of Bond films.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I dunno, @TripAces. I'm not a fan of Soderbergh, but his respectful comments for George Miller show an interest in developing his craft. Pair him with the Bond production team and greatness could follow.

I should be clearer: I love Soderbergh. I just don’t think a Bond film would be his type of project.
  • TripAces wrote: »

I should be clearer: I love Soderbergh. I just don’t think a Bond film would be his type of project.

Ooowh?
    http://extension765.com/soderblogh/2-most-irrelevant-no-1
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    TripAces wrote: »

Ooowh?
    http://extension765.com/soderblogh/2-most-irrelevant-no-1

Nice read.
    Looks like Annapurna's nearing a deal on domestic (US/Canada). International still up in the air and could go to WB. http://deadline.com/2017/11/james-bond-domestic-release-deal-mgm-annapurna-daniel-craig-1202205255/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Seems there was something to that news weeks back about their joint venture, then. Figured as much.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Hmmmm, sounds interesting. I recently heard something that they are still pitching for the international distribution.
    Warner Bros, Sony, Fox, and Universal are still vying for international distribution.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2017 Posts: 10,588
    I have a bit of an issue regarding the front page timeline. It appears that the forum has a limit on how much one is able to post in a comment box, and it looks like I have reached the limit. I tried to add this news to the timeline, and the page fails to reload after I hit "save".
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 6,844
    @jake24, you could copy and paste the 2015 (and even the 2016) updates into a new post in this thread and put the page number in the original post for reference. Not ideal perhaps, but that would free up some space.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @jake24, you could copy and paste the 2015 (and even the 2016) updates into a new post in this thread and put the page number in the original post for reference. Not ideal perhaps, but that would free up some space.
    Good idea, and I'll certainly keep that in mind.

Any other suggestions, perhaps from a mod? Is there a way to extend the post limit somehow?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    @jake24, also consider mining/editing/adding to your 3 short existing posts on Page 1.
    With a reference like "see below" that will keep the timeline detail pretty much in one location.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Good idea, and I'll certainly keep that in mind.

Any other suggestions, perhaps from a mod? Is there a way to extend the post limit somehow?

Not sure if it'd work, since it technically isn't decreasing the character count at all, but you could attempt to spoiler tag the months listed?
    So we have our distributor so director announcement in three months my guess
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited November 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Not so fast.

International distribution deal matters the most.

It isn't confirmed, and the rumour has only that Annapurna will oversee distribution in the US only.
    I like @RichardTheBruce's idea. Thank you all for the input.

Keep that in mind when you inevitably do a B26 Production Timeline: make your opening post, and then do (just to be safe) either a double or triple post after. Voila, the opening post runs out of room, and you have your next post down to utilize.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

Keep that in mind when you inevitably do a B26 Production Timeline: make your opening post, and then do (just to be safe) either a double or triple post after. Voila, the opening post runs out of room, and you have your next post down to utilize.

Just what I was thinking re: B26 when I read that suggestion from @RichardTheBruce. Way to beat the system!
    Though we're discussing B26, I think we're a tad bit too long way off. :))
    Great news regarding Annapurna! I'm happy.
  • Deadline generally has a good record with its scoops being proven correct. This (the MGM-Annapurna joint venture going to release B25 in the U.S.) certainly isn't confirmed but I wouldn't call it a rumor either.
    Though we're discussing B26, I think we're a tad bit too long way off. :))

That's old news, it's all about what B28 will bring to the table!

@AlexanderWaverly, indeed; they're also quite good at rooting out the difference between something they know is all but an unconfirmed fact, and mere rumor, which I really appreciate.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Creasy47 wrote: »

With respect, I seriously doubt I'd be down to carry that weight again :)). It's great fun as a one-time gig but, to quote Daniel Craig, I'd rather break this glass and slash my wrist. Due to bad internet connection, I once lost half of the timeline and had to rewrite the second half from scratch. Part of the reason I post monthly updates is so that, in the event that half the timeline disappears again, there are portions of a back up laid throughout the thread.
    When is B28?
    I certainly hope if Annapurna will indeed distribute B25 in part, I'd rather this would be their only deal with the franchise.
    vzok wrote: »
    When is B28?

2029?