No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Bentley007 wrote: »
    Well within a week or two, The title will be revealed.

I am really hoping it will be the end of next week. Would avoid the build up to star wars day and be enough time before any inclement weather starts for filming in Jamaica.

Is the weather in Jamaica that much of a concern, this early?
    Risico007 wrote: »
    So my question is if the prss conference is at Goldeneye how much do you wanna bet the title is one of the short stories?

The Property Of A Lady

;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,548
    AgentM72 wrote: »

I am really hoping it will be the end of next week. Would avoid the build up to star wars day and be enough time before any inclement weather starts for filming in Jamaica.

Starting in July, yes.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited April 2019 Posts: 7,889
    TripAces wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »

Starting in July, yes.

Hurricane season begins on June 1 and ends November 30, although there can be tropical activity at other times. Generally things don’t really heat up unti August; shooting in late April into May should not be an issue.

In the Northern Atlantic Ocean, a distinct hurricane season occurs from June 1 to November 30, sharply peaking from late August through September; the season's climatological peak of activity occurs around September 10 each season.

Lets certainly hope so?!!!!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    And what if the title isn't revealed within two weeks? I predict an increase in alcohol addiction, for starters. ;-)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    And what if the title isn't revealed within two weeks? I predict an increase in alcohol addiction, for starters. ;-)

I have noticed that my drinks have been stiffer as of late. Could be unrelated, of course @DarthDimi.....
    I really don’t see them starting in Jamaica within weeks. I mean if they were going to, then we already would have heard about concrete activity (such as set building) there.
    I really don’t see them starting in Jamaica within weeks. I mean if they were going to, then we already would have heard about concrete activity (such as set building) there.
    Set building is more than likely happening in Pinewood with exterior Jamaica shots happening on location.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 12,914
    So there will be what they call filmmaking.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    TR007 wrote: »
    Set building is more than likely happening in Pinewood with exterior Jamaica shots happening on location.

Exactly.

Really surprised we know as little as we do. We had way more info on spectre at this point last time.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Really surprised we know as little as we do. We had way more info on spectre at this point last time.

It's become tiresome, IMO. Just based on what rumors have surfaced and what little we do know, I'm the least excited about this new Bond film than I have ever been. I'm hoping once filming starts and the first photos begin to appear that burst of Bond energy will kick in.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    It's been a few weeks since the ECLIPSE rumor started. I believe SKYFALL was officially announced only a few days after that title leaked.
    I'm starting to doubt ECLIPSE as the official title.

the user who claimed it was one who had multiple accounts here and on twitter and was banned multiple times

Ah. That makes sense. Now I really doubt the title's validity, thank goodness.

I just hope between all of those writers at least one of them has come up with a better title than has been rumored.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    A bit of the lyrics have been leaked from the website of
    Dua Lipa:

A man
    Walks with one
    Yet always meant
    To be alone

A man
    Flings his gun
    In the Thames
    Big mistake

Just a man
    Just the one
    Just the fun
    That's been missing

What he needs is
    A wave-link!
    Yes, a wave-link!
    Wave-LIIIIIIIINK!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Lyrics, hell. That should just be a dramatic reading over the main titles.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,497
    So there will be what they call filmmaking.

A wonderful novelty, don't you agree?

Hello Richard, it's been a while. I'll get you delicatessen, made out of stainless steel.
    Aston Martin unveiled the new Rapide E today:

Could this be timed to coincide with Bond 25's production start?
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel you seem to like to ignore me when I give facts not trying to push buttons or anything I guess whatever then it's definitely time to move on anyways.

It's more to do with the fact that your argument is incoherent. It would take more of my time to comprehend your opinion than it would to form an opinion off it. Therefore, I've grown weary to responding. All the best.
    Aston Martin unveiled the new Rapide E today:

Why ruin a otherwise good looking car with that nasty, horrible blue stripe? Yuck!
    Yeah that stripe is ugly.

But it does look good. As do most AM's. :-)

Too bad the Rapide doesn't sell, it's just too expensive and people prefer the weird Porsche Panamera. Even though the second generation is much less ugly lol.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 13,879
    rapid = blue streak.

Check out the wiki definition though:

noun. something moving very fast: They traveled like a blue streak through Italy. continuous, rapid, or interminable speech: to talk a blue streak.
    QBranch wrote: »
    rapid = blue streak.

noun. something moving very fast: They traveled like a blue streak through Italy[u/]. continuous, rapid, or interminable speech: to talk a blue streak.

Oh snap!

A Blue Streak. Title confirmed.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    rapid = blue streak.

noun. something moving very fast: They traveled like a blue streak through Italy[u/]. continuous, rapid, or interminable speech: to talk a blue streak.
    Oh snap!

Yep. They couldn't get Idris Elba, so they got Martin Lawrence instead. It's a loose adaptation of 007 in New York.

cfe454ed0522b1389f8c85f1cd0bddbf.jpg
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    rapid = blue streak.

Oh snap!

Yep. They couldn't get Idris Elba, so they got Martin Lawrence instead. It's a loose adaptation of 007 in New York.

cfe454ed0522b1389f8c85f1cd0bddbf.jpg

Actually sounds like a decent two hours.

If you have half a bottle of whiskey in you before it starts.
    Variety confirms Waller-Bridge involvement on their end, as well as mentioning end of April for production start https://variety.com/2019/film/news/phoebe-waller-bridge-bond-25-script-1203191429/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    antovolk wrote: »
    Variety confirms Waller-Bridge involvement on their end, as well as mentioning end of April for production start https://variety.com/2019/film/news/phoebe-waller-bridge-bond-25-script-1203191429/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Very cool update, thanks @antovolk

The article does raise the interesting question of who will get credit on the script? I know there are very strict WGA rules on this. However, the only troublemaker is likely to be John Hodge. The other writers likely took large consultancy fees for a small amount of work. I can imagine that neither Burns or Waller-Bridge will take credit.

Currently we know of 7 writers who have contributed to the screenplay:

Robert Wade
    Neal Purvis
    John Hodge
    Cary Fukunaga
    Paul Haggis
    Scott Z Burns
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge

I imagine the credit will likely be:

Screenplay by Cary Fukunaga and Neal Purvis & Robert Wade
    Story by Neal Purvis & Robert Wade and John Hodge

I just can’t see John Hodge not getting credited in some way. The WGA have very strict rules on first draft writers to ensure that, even when their work is mostly discarded or built upon, they receive some credit.

There are two alternatives that I could imagine though:

1. ALL the writers get credited and we have a Marvel situation. Just look on Wikipedia how many writers are credited for each solo entry. It’s usually between 4-6 and sometimes more hands have been involved.
    2. There is an outside chance that Daniel Craig gets a story credit – since he has been very involved this time……just leaving this one out there.

The article does raise the interesting question of who will get credit on the script? I know there are very strict WGA rules on this. However, the only troublemaker is likely to be John Hodge. The other writers likely took large consultancy fees for a small amount of work. I can imagine that neither Burns or Waller-Bridge will take credit.

Robert Wade
    Neal Purvis
    John Hodge
    Cary Fukunaga
    Paul Haggis
    Scott Z Burns
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge

I just can’t see John Hodge not getting credited in some way. The WGA have very strict rules on first draft writers to ensure that, even when their work is mostly discarded or built upon, they receive some credit.

1. ALL the writers get credited and we have a Marvel situation. Just look on Wikipedia how many writers are credited for each solo entry. It’s usually between 4-6 and sometimes more hands have been involved.
    2. There is an outside chance that Daniel Craig gets a story credit – since he has been very involved this time……just leaving this one out there.

We need at least 7 writers and nearly 5 years to get a Bond film out these days.
    OHMSS only needed one writer to create a masterpiece. That film only had a two and a half year gap.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,834
    @ToTheRight Things were a bit simpler back then, and the script was made kind of easy by the fact that you had a book to base your entire plot on. That’s not the case anymore :)

I don’t care about delays or however many scriptwriters we have, I just care that this time next year we will have Bond 25 :)

Robert Wade
    Neal Purvis
    John Hodge
    Cary Fukunaga
    Paul Haggis
    Scott Z Burns
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge

We need at least 7 writers and nearly 5 years to get a Bond film out these days.
    OHMSS only needed one writer to create a masterpiece. That film only had a two and a half year gap.

It is a fantastic film, despite it's dull actor (who got his karma by thinking that by listening to his agent he still could've had a successful career.)

And the "staying 100% close to the novel" issue with Blofeld not recognizing Bond.

Denbigh wrote: »
    @ToTheRight Things were a bit simpler back then, and the script was made kind of easy by the fact that you had a book to base your entire plot on. That’s not the case anymore :)

Much more difficult now to try and get some genuine Fleming material into a plot.
    I do think Eon could do a lot worse than to consider adapting some of the continuation novels from Gardner or Benson. I still love to see Amis' COLONEL SUN.