No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    No worries.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    jake24 wrote: »
    No worries.

Ok thanks ;) @jake24
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    That henchman rumor on IMDb hasn't been talked about in the press I'm surprised since all the casting news you think a tabloid would have picked up on it @jake24
    I just thought a few pages back it was getting to where nearly every post had a spoiler tag that led to speculation which didn't really need to be hidden.

That said, one of the critical elements of this film I actually would like to know beforehand is.................
    whether the gunbarrel will be placed at the beginning with an amazing James Bond Theme rendition to accompany it, and a beautiful walk, turn and fire from Craig.
    Speaking strictly as a banker, I must say the numbers are not on our side.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Also, I find it hilarious that people think Boyle would have made a ‘political film’. Nothing in his filmography would suggest he is a political filmmaker. Aside from the opening ceremony in 2012 with a scene celebrating the NHS and the Windrush generation, he hasn’t done much in the way of ‘politics’. Plus, that ceremony was such cuddly, middle-brow, and inoffensive liberalism.

28 Days Later is definitely a movie with strong political themes.

Plus, Boyle is known as an ardent remainer that has consistently spoke against and about Brexit. He even urged British filmmakers to build around Brexit. He was even attached to direct a Brexit drama film last year. He definitely cares a lot about this topic. He directed the opening Olympics ceremony, that represented a truly global Britain at the height of its powers, but since things changed after Brexit - which led to make the country look smaller and more out of place in the world, sorry - throughout his career Boyle has proven to understand what makes Britain great so it's fair to assume that Brexit could've been a topic in his vision for a James Bond movie.

And BB is a liberal and MGW a conservative. So...?

Bond is apolitical, always has been, that was Cubby's credo. There are exceptions: TLD picked a side (Afghanistan is called the "grave of empires" for a reason), plus I doubt Bond will ever go to, say, Argentina (most Americans would say "Why not?" and most Brits would say "No way!").
    It is very interesting if they have cast a girl of Iranian descent. Like China (TMWTGG) and North Korea before it, Iran would be an "acceptable" enemy country--in other words, a country who doesn't bring Eon any box office.

How do people know Barbara is a liberal and Michael is a conservative never get how people know that?

BB said it on the record.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,000
    I’m encouraged to see the 007 Instagram post something like this. This is the kind of active engagement with their fan base that I’d like to see more of; keeping us up to date with tidbits and the dispelling/confirmation of rumors. They didn’t have to give us any info about whether or not Shatterhand was the title, but it’s good that they did.
    Bounine wrote: »
    That fan made ‘Shatterhand’ poster looked much nicer without her writing on it. :) No offense to Ms. Broccolli of course.

Don’t know why they can’t call it ‘World Without Want’ - the name of the pub that Bond went to in the book, Moonraker.

The Shatterhand logo was taken from fan art poster.

Shatterhand%2BTeaser%2BA.jpg

I have a thread in the fan creations section of the forums where you can see all my Bond posters. I posted this Shatterhand teaser over a year ago.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I’m encouraged to see the 007 Instagram post something like this. This is the kind of active engagement with their fan base that I’d like to see more of; keeping us up to date with tidbits and the dispelling/confirmation of rumors. They didn’t have to give us any info about whether or not Shatterhand was the title, but it’s good that they did.

My thoughts exactly. Their social media pages do nothing to facilitate fan engagement. The recent uploads on their YouTube channel and Instagram page are just a bunch of ~20 second clips from various Bond films, some of which don’t even have audio.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Could the young girl playing the cello, be the girl who was cast?

https://stbenedicts.org.uk/the-middle-school-concert

Is it just me, or does the concept of spy film fanatics internet stalking a teenage girl come across as a bit...concerning?

BTW, it doesn't throw out the daughter theory per se (not that I believe or believed it anyway). What if she wasn't biological?

What does this random article have to do about bond 25?

It isn t random. I guess @Red_Snow googled her name.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    peter wrote: »
    Wow, the official 007 Instagram account has finally entered the age of the memes! It was about time!

Wow. You want information. Then youre pissed when Barbara Broccoli’s own hand gives you info?

@PanchitoPistoles , you’re amazing.

Oh, and I know you are waiting on some intel. Sure you received it by now (you know, outside of BB’s swipe at tabloid stupidity)?
    Why are you being so hostile? I am genuinely happy the official 007 Instagram account posted that pic. Seriously every time you re enter the conversation it seems you are looking for a fight with someone.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Gobi-1 wrote: »

46583232784_cb6d56ff00_o.jpg

I have a thread in the fan creations section of the forums where you can see all my Bond posters. I posted this Shatterhand teaser over a year ago.
    I remember seeing that poster. Nice work.

;)
    Love that @007 shared the autograph! It didn’t convince me before that Shatterhand wouldn’t be the title but I’m starting to doubt it will be more... those who are saying an original title (rather than something from Fleming) are likely correct I think.

I think it could easily be something from Fleming still, just not Shatterhand. And not necessarily a title from Fleming.
    That henchman rumor on IMDb hasn't been talked about in the press I'm surprised since all the casting news you think a tabloid would have picked up on it @jake24

There's a henchman rumor now? I don't come here often enough. How substantiated is it @007Blofeld?
    Thank god BB has said its not going to be Shatterhand. Please no more single word titles starting with S. It always seemed to be a completely uninspired title.

ToTheRight wrote: »
    I just thought a few pages back it was getting to where nearly every post had a spoiler tag that led to speculation which didn't really need to be hidden.

That said, one of the critical elements of this film I actually would like to know beforehand is.................
    whether the gunbarrel will be placed at the beginning with an amazing James Bond Theme rendition to accompany it, and a beautiful walk, turn and fire from Craig.

It better be !!!!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    barryt007 wrote: »

It better be !!!!
    I hope they get Craig's pose right this time. The way his left arm sticked out in SF/SP looked weird and unnatural.
    QBranch wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »

It better be !!!!
    I hope they get Craig's pose right this time. The way his left arm sticked out in SF/SP looked weird and unnatural.

Agreed,this is one of the aspects (apart from sticking the bloody gunbarrel on the end) that frustrate me with the Craig era..not good gunbarrels,the best being CR !!
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    edited March 2019 Posts: 544
    Bond is apolitical, always has been, that was Cubby's credo. There are exceptions: TLD picked a side (Afghanistan is called the "grave of empires" for a reason), plus I doubt Bond will ever go to, say, Argentina (most Americans would say "Why not?" and most Brits would say "No way!").

Don't forget Moonraker. Iguazú Falls scene was shot from the Argentinean side ;)
    Anyway, from what I've heard, shooting in Chile was kinda problematic, so it's very unlikely they'll return to South America soon.

Don't forget Moonraker. Iguazú Falls scene was shot from the Argentinean side ;)
    Anyway, from what I've heard, shooting in Chile was kinda problematic, so it's very unlikely they'll return to South America soon.

But that was 3 years before the Falklands War with the Argies,in 1982.

• QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    This feels like first decent post on @007 socials in forever. It's such a pity that they avoid that kind of interaction with fans.
    Gobi-1 wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    That fan made ‘Shatterhand’ poster looked much nicer without her writing on it. :) No offense to Ms. Broccolli of course.

Don’t know why they can’t call it ‘World Without Want’ - the name of the pub that Bond went to in the book, Moonraker.

Shatterhand%2BTeaser%2BA.jpg

EON should buy this fan art from the fan who made it. That’s so good
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    For ages, @Gobi-1 has been a God and a reference amongst the Fan Artists.
    For ages, @Gobi-1 has been a God and a reference amongst the Fan Artists.

True, they should hire him. I've been saying that for years :)
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    I can reveal that the reason costume designer Suttirat Anne Larlarb was added to Bond 25's crew members list a week or two ago on imdb is that I submitted a request to imdb. I submitted the request, and her name was added within 24 hours. Why did I do this? To prove that imdb's crew member list can NOT be trusted at this stage.

Having said all this, it is not unlikely Suttirat Anne Larlarb really will be the costume designer of Bond 25. Why? Because I spoke to some (a well connected Bond fan with a youtube channel) who knows for a fact who the costume designer of the film is. This person was not willing to tell me who the costume designer is, but after some prodding I was told that it's either:

- Jany Temine returning from Skyfall and Spectre OR
    - frequent collaborator of Danny Boyle and production designer Mark Tildesley, Suttirat Anne Larlarb (I believe if Tildesley is still on board, then it's Larlarb) OR
    - frequent collaborator of Fukunaga, Jenny Eagan

I believe Temine is out, since she has already begun working on BLACK WIDOW, so our next costume designer is either Larlarb or Eagan. By the way, isn't it shocking that this close to the start of filming we have no idea whether Tildeslay has been replaced or not?
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    I can reveal that the reason costume designer Suttirat Anne Larlarb was added to Bond 25's crew members list a week or two ago on imdb is that I submitted a request to imdb. I submitted the request, and her name was added within 24 hours. Why did I do this? To prove that imdb's crew member list can NOT be trusted at this stage.

Having said all this, it is not unlikely Suttirat Anne Larlarb really will be the costume designer of Bond 25. Why? Because I spoke to some (a well connected Bond fan with a youtube channel) who knows for a fact who the costume designer of the film is. This person was not willing to tell me who the costume designer is, but after some prodding I was told that it's either:

- frequent collaborator of Danny Boyle and production designer Mark Tildesley, Suttirat Anne Larlarb (I believe if Tildesley is still on board, then it's Larlarb) OR

I believe Temine is out, since she has already begun working on BLACK WIDOW, so our next costume designer is either Larlarb or Eagan. By the way, isn't it shocking that this close to the start of filming we have no idea whether Tildeslay has been replaced or not?

Shocking but not worrying. It is clear that a Production designer is attached as we have heard of sets being built. Either they have decided to move forward with Tildesley or Gassner as he has recently been posting Instagram images from London.

and I think I will change the title to Risico for fun :D
    I'm leaning toward it being Gassner again, just because -- as you've mentioned -- multiple folks on here have mentioned he's posted a lot on Instagram from London in recent months, and I don't really see him queued up (publicly) on any other major projects. Which seems odd, for someone of his talent and magnitude.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    I'm leaning toward it being Gassner again, just because -- as you've mentioned -- multiple folks on here have mentioned he's posted a lot on Instagram from London in recent months, and I don't really see him queued up (publicly) on any other major projects. Which seems odd, for someone of his talent and magnitude.
    I'm quite surprised Villaneuve didn't bring him on for Dune, which is also set for 2020, as he did sublime work on Blade Runner 2049. Although maybe he's busy ;)
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Gassner is doing the musical WICKED. The question is: is he aleady working on Wicked or is he working on Bond 25 right now?