No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Denbigh wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    I'm leaning toward it being Gassner again, just because -- as you've mentioned -- multiple folks on here have mentioned he's posted a lot on Instagram from London in recent months, and I don't really see him queued up (publicly) on any other major projects. Which seems odd, for someone of his talent and magnitude.
    I'm quite surprised Villaneuve didn't bring him on for Dune, which is also set for 2020, as he did sublime work on Blade Runner 2049. Although maybe he's busy ;)

Indeed. Also possible he didn't want to jump right into another epic sci-fi, having just delivered a monolith of work in that genre. Which also surprised me about Villeneuve -- not that I'm complaining, mind you!
    Another day closer!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Another day closer!!!
    ...to Christopher Nolan's BOND 26 :)) (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Another day closer!!!
    ...to Christopher Nolan's BOND 26 :)) (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

He is doing the costumes for Bond 25
    QBranch wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I just thought a few pages back it was getting to where nearly every post had a spoiler tag that led to speculation which didn't really need to be hidden.

That said, one of the critical elements of this film I actually would like to know beforehand is.................
    whether the gunbarrel will be placed at the beginning with an amazing James Bond Theme rendition to accompany it, and a beautiful walk, turn and fire from Craig.

It better be !!!!
    I hope they get Craig's pose right this time. The way his left arm sticked out in SF/SP looked weird and unnatural.
    It would be nice to not see the gun while he walks. I´m confused by the fact that they let him swing his Right arm like that.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I thought that showed confidence. They could do it with a Smith & Wesson .44 this time.
    Or a Desert Eagle pistol.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 42

https://bond25blog.blogspot.com/2019/03/blog-post.html
    Anybody else noticed this? I made a short video just for fun. Could it deliberately be Fleming?
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    barryt007 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Bond is apolitical, always has been, that was Cubby's credo. There are exceptions: TLD picked a side (Afghanistan is called the "grave of empires" for a reason), plus I doubt Bond will ever go to, say, Argentina (most Americans would say "Why not?" and most Brits would say "No way!").

Don't forget Moonraker. Iguazú Falls scene was shot from the Argentinean side ;)
    Anyway, from what I've heard, shooting in Chile was kinda problematic, so it's very unlikely they'll return to South America soon.

But that was 3 years before the Falklands War with the Argies,in 1982.

Methinks a Falklands oriented revenge against the British could be a good motivation for a Hugo Drax (novel)-like character in a future, but it could be too controversial over here and affect the release, as it happened with DAD in North Korea.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    What if in this one Oberhauser reveals the reason he founded Spectre wasn't because of James and that he we just toying with him all along?
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited March 2019 Posts: 467
    What if in this one Oberhauser reveals the reason he founded Spectre wasn't because of James and that he we just toying with him all along?

It's Screenwriting 101. Either fix the easiest thing to fix in his motivations, or replace him with another guy who's now in charge of SPECTRE and behaves like the Ernst Stavro Blofeld we all knew before, except with another name, and without the Persian cat or the Nehru jacket.

Sure, it would lose some of the mystique, but Waltz' Blofeld is unlikely to recover it with everything we already know about him, especially if it's a made-up name. The reveal scene in Spectre was totally ridiculous, as the name doesn't ring any bell in Bond's ear. Waltz' character is first and all Bond's stepbrother, Franz Oberhauser, who happens to be the head of a newly introduced secret organization. And who, besides a 14-year-old boy, would spend time creating an alias that means very little?
    'Hey, I had opted for Ernst Blofeld, because I thought it sounded cool for a German name, and then I realized it would be even cooler, or should I say koooler, if I put "Stavro" as the middle name, so there would be a touch of Greece, Albania, Lebanon or whatever country a Stavro lives. So, I carved "Ernst Stavro Blofeld" with the spike of my compass on my plastic ruler, and it really looked so koooooooooool!!!!! Remember, James? Hey, you know what would be amazing? If you were actually called James "The Rock" Bond. You would rule!!!!!!!!'
    If it was done tactfully, that would make me feel better. Spectre/Blofeld has to be bigger than Bond. I don't necessarily mind the foster brother concept, but what I don't like is how it was inferred that Craig's entire era was about getting back at Bond. Skyfall's fundamental plot was bad enough, but it's like they just copied the idea and applied it to Blofeld.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6784667/amp/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Second-helping-Downton-movie-menu.html?__twitter_impression=true

According to Baz, the Norway shoot is for the Pre Title Sequence. Also mentions the Jamaica shoot!
    Mentions multiple British studios. Looks like Pinewood got booked up when they delayed.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6784667/amp/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Second-helping-Downton-movie-menu.html?__twitter_impression=true

According to Baz, the Norway shoot is for the Pre Title Sequence. Also mentions the Jamaica shoot!
    Great find @Bentley007 :) Also I can't reply to this without mentioning @peter's insider info! Another article that fully supports what he's been telling us ;)
    So Norway is the PTS. I'm willing to bet no opening gunbarrel, and a chance we may not see bond in the pts. The pts may be the flashback.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Denbigh wrote: »

Great find @Bentley007 :) Also I can't reply to this without mentioning @peter's insider info! Another article that fully supports what he's been telling us ;)

Too true @Denbigh, Peter has always been up front with what he was hearing which is much appreciated.

In regard to the news, Baz seems to allude to similar scenes between the current Draft and Boyles. Golden Idea anyone??
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    So Norway is the PTS. I'm willing to bet no opening gunbarrel, and a chance we may not see bond in the pts. The pts may be the flashback.

It says part of the PTS and apparently Daniel is going to be there later this month.
    Very interesting Boyle wanted to do a very similar scene. Indicates we may have some of his story leftover.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    So wouldn’t the press conference be this month then?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Awesome! This would confirm @peter ‘s scoop and that he has a legitimate source.
  • FoxRox wrote: »
    Very interesting Boyle wanted to do a very similar scene. Indicates we may have some of his story leftover.

Exactly! And he wanted to film it in Canada, like it was reportedly rumoured earlier.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Since the PTS will include a frozen lake, and assuming something important for the story happens there, could the title be The Wizard of Ice?

Perhaps, if another thing in the movie also has something to do with ice.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    FoxRox wrote: »

Exactly! And he wanted to film it in Canada, like it was reportedly rumoured earlier.

Danny who?

Forward lads!

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Calling it right now
    PTS is bond and Madeline living together happily in Norway when they are attacked by some bad guys, I dunno maybe they have a kid together and the kid runs out. Madeline dies and we’re into the credits sequence
    Great to read some new info by Baz! Finally it seems possible the Hodge script was not completely thrown away. What’s also interesting is that he writes that in addition to Norway the film will be also shot in U.K. studios and Jamaica. I would be the happiest person in the world if these were all the filming locations, but what happened to Italy?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Great to read some new info by Baz! Finally it seems possible the Hodge script was not completely thrown away. What’s also interesting is that he writes that in addition to Norway the film will be also shot in U.K. studios and Jamaica. I would be the happiest person in the world if these were all the filming locations, but what happened to Italy?

Really? It’s a long movie...
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Something occurred to me regarding some of the apparent casting.
    How do we know the kid is not a villainous role? Maybe her inclusion is that of a young henchperson perhaps.

How do we know not all of Hodges was thrown away?
    talos7 wrote: »

Really? It’s a long movie...

I agree, another location would be nice, especially considering that if Norway is pre titles, that means that the rest of the two hour or so film will be set in the UK and Jamaica exclusively.

That’s a problem.