No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,979
    matt_u wrote: »
    Also, I find it hilarious that people think Boyle would have made a ‘political film’. Nothing in his filmography would suggest he is a political filmmaker. Aside from the opening ceremony in 2012 with a scene celebrating the NHS and the Windrush generation, he hasn’t done much in the way of ‘politics’. Plus, that ceremony was such cuddly, middle-brow, and inoffensive liberalism.

28 Days Later is definitely a movie with strong political themes.

Plus, Boyle is known as an ardent remainer that has consistently spoke against and about Brexit. He even urged British filmmakers to build around Brexit. He was even attached to direct a Brexit drama film last year. He definitely cares a lot about this topic. He directed the opening Olympics ceremony, that represented a truly global Britain at the height of its powers, but since things changed after Brexit - which led to make the country look smaller and more out of place in the world, sorry - throughout his career Boyle has proven to understand what makes Britain great so it's fair to assume that Brexit could've been a topic in his vision for a James Bond movie.

And BB is a liberal and MGW a conservative. So...?

Bond is apolitical, always has been, that was Cubby's credo. There are exceptions: TLD picked a side (Afghanistan is called the "grave of empires" for a reason), plus I doubt Bond will ever go to, say, Argentina (most Americans would say "Why not?" and most Brits would say "No way!").
    It is very interesting if they have cast a girl of Iranian descent. Like China (TMWTGG) and North Korea before it, Iran would be an "acceptable" enemy country--in other words, a country who doesn't bring Eon any box office.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    echo wrote: »
    Also, I find it hilarious that people think Boyle would have made a ‘political film’. Nothing in his filmography would suggest he is a political filmmaker. Aside from the opening ceremony in 2012 with a scene celebrating the NHS and the Windrush generation, he hasn’t done much in the way of ‘politics’. Plus, that ceremony was such cuddly, middle-brow, and inoffensive liberalism.

Plus, Boyle is known as an ardent remainer that has consistently spoke against and about Brexit. He even urged British filmmakers to build around Brexit. He was even attached to direct a Brexit drama film last year. He definitely cares a lot about this topic. He directed the opening Olympics ceremony, that represented a truly global Britain at the height of its powers, but since things changed after Brexit - which led to make the country look smaller and more out of place in the world, sorry - throughout his career Boyle has proven to understand what makes Britain great so it's fair to assume that Brexit could've been a topic in his vision for a James Bond movie.

Bond is apolitical, always has been, that was Cubby's credo. There are exceptions: TLD picked a side (Afghanistan is called the "grave of empires" for a reason), plus I doubt Bond will ever go to, say, Argentina (most Americans would say "Why not?" and most Brits would say "No way!").
    It is very interesting if they have cast a girl of Iranian descent. Like China (TMWTGG) and North Korea before it, Iran would be an "acceptable" enemy country--in other words, a country who doesn't bring Eon any box office.

So they fired him.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Is it just me or do things seem quiet? Thought for sure there’d be more news by now.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    YES we need spoiler tags on this thread. For sure. Please do.
    Some speculation is okay but anything to do with a genuinely leaked photo of location or ad for cast, etc. - just use a spoiler tag. Otherwise plenty of us cannot enjoy this thread at all. It at least gives us a choice. I feel it is rude to NOT use spoiler tags here.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Is it just me or do things seem quiet? Thought for sure there’d be more news by now.
    Calm before the storm ;)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    YES we need spoiler tags on this thread. For sure. Please do.
    Some speculation is okay but anything to do with a genuinely leaked photo of location or ad for cast, etc. - just use a spoiler tag. Otherwise plenty of us cannot enjoy this thread at all. It at least gives us a choice. I feel it is rude to NOT use spoiler tags here.

I agree. I wish there was an open/close all spoilers button on this thread. There can be a ton of spoiler tags on one page and it would be nice to not have to click each one to see it.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Calm before the storm ;)

You beat me to it.
    Calm before the storm ;)
    I’ve heard that before...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Calm before the storm ;)
    Then you know it's a thing :) Look if we have loads of news in the next few weeks, the press conference will be another case of "Here's a bunch of information you already knew" like the Spectre conference so it's for the best in my opinion.
    Calm before the storm ;)
    Then you know it's a thing :) Look if we have loads of news in the next few weeks, the press conference will be another case of "Here's a bunch of information you already knew" like the Spectre conference so it's for the best in my opinion.

Seconded!
    AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Love that @007 shared the autograph! It didn’t convince me before that Shatterhand wouldn’t be the title but I’m starting to doubt it will be more... those who are saying an original title (rather than something from Fleming) are likely correct I think.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Haha! Didn't think they'd repost that. Sounds like they really don't want people to think Shatterhand is the title.
    That's hilarious. It's essentially them saying a message to the tabloid press "Shut up and wait". Love it
    "You must have thought I was bluffing, Mr. Bond..." ? ;)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Looks like the tabloids just got Double-owned.
    Wow, the official 007 Instagram account has finally entered the age of the memes! It was about time!
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Title aside, it’s great seeing one of their official social media pages post something fun for once.
    The employee will be reprimanded later.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    MooreFun wrote: »
    The insurance company is never going to believe that. ;)
    MooreFun wrote: »
    giphy.gif
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Wow, the official 007 Instagram account has finally entered the age of the memes! It was about time!

Wow. You want information. Then youre pissed when Barbara Broccoli’s own hand gives you info?

@PanchitoPistoles , you’re amazing.

Oh, and I know you are waiting on some intel. Sure you received it by now (you know, outside of BB’s swipe at tabloid stupidity)?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Could the young girl playing the cello, be the girl who was cast?

https://stbenedicts.org.uk/the-middle-school-concert

Is it just me, or does the concept of spy film fanatics internet stalking a teenage girl come across as a bit...concerning?

BTW, it doesn't throw out the daughter theory per se (not that I believe or believed it anyway). What if she wasn't biological?

What does this random article have to do about bond 25?
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    It’s senseless to use spoiler tags. I was berated a few pages back for discussing the Spectre scene on the train between Madeline and Bond. A mod complained, which is ridiculous since that film is nearly 4 years old!

I’m not using spoiler tags until we know something actually is likely to be a spoiler. Currently we are speculating with mere morsels of intel.

In terms of this young lady, Maya Khosrowshahi is seemingly a British native of Iranian heritage. Which is interesting as we know that Rami Malek is of Egyptian heritage. This could be a plot point?

Also, could she play a refugee? That seems a timely crisis that Fukunaga may want to make a film about.

Meanwhile, our current director is a young American liberal who made his name making immigration dramas criticising American foreign policy, before directing a film about the plight of child soldiers in Africa. Fukunaga also has a bachelor’s degree in political science…..

If you have a spare 15 minutes, I recommend you watch Fukunaga’s short film about Mexican asylum seekers below. He won a Student Academy Award for it:

He does all sorts of genres just not this one he experiments with all different kind of stuff so it's kind not right to say he will be political we won't know till bond 25 comes out but I highly doubt it Barbara and Michael g have a sandbox to play in like funkanga said not a wide open field
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,730
    peter wrote: »

Wow. You want information. Then youre pissed when Barbara Broccoli’s own hand gives you info?

Oh, and I know you are waiting on some intel. Sure you received it by now (you know, outside of BB’s swipe at tabloid stupidity)?

It must feel exhausting to be upset all of the time @PanchitoPistoles
    peter wrote: »

It must feel exhausting to be upset all of the time @PanchitoPistoles

Actually it’s super easy barely an inconvenience
    jake24 wrote: »
    I don't need an apology. Mods on these boards are far too trigger-happy without seemingly reading comments first. They need to facilitate the discussion and not constantly nitpick. It's getting boring.

Sorry, I feel like I should clarify my sarcasm.

Don't be so bloody sensitive.

I'm hardly being sensitive. If @jake24 is a mod, he should be a little more efficient and actually read posts. When someone is mentioning the plot of Bond 24 on a Bond 25 thread. Believe it or not, it's not a spoiler.

Mods here are too trigger-happy.
    What on earth are you talking about? If I asked you to use spoiler tags, it's because you talked about a leaked scene description for B25 which I'm sure many members would prefer to avoid reading.

I reckon you're still hurt by the fact that the website didn't credit you with that scoop you had, doesn't mean you have the right to be disrespectful and passive aggressive to the moderators and members alike. By all means, you're more than welcome to take a break from the forum if you're unhappy here.

Note to self don't get in a fight with a moderator right ;) @jake24
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I don't need an apology. Mods on these boards are far too trigger-happy without seemingly reading comments first. They need to facilitate the discussion and not constantly nitpick. It's getting boring.

I'm hardly being sensitive. If @jake24 is a mod, he should be a little more efficient and actually read posts. When someone is mentioning the plot of Bond 24 on a Bond 25 thread. Believe it or not, it's not a spoiler.

What on earth are you talking about? If I asked you to use spoiler tags, it's because you talked about a leaked scene description for B25 which I'm sure many members would prefer to avoid reading.

I reckon you're still hurt by the fact that the website didn't credit you with that scoop you had, doesn't mean you have the right to be disrespectful and passive aggressive to the moderators and members alike. By all means, you're more than welcome to take a break from the forum if you're unhappy here.

No need to derail the thread further mate.
    echo wrote: »

How do people know Barbara is a liberal and Michael is a conservative never get how people know that?
    007Blofeld wrote: »

No need to derail the thread further mate.

Yeah your right sorry about that put gas on the fire my mistake the thread doesn't need anymore derailing I apologize @jake24