No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I mean I'm sure it's very likely they could've taken aspects from Hodge's script, but when the only link there is an "iced-over lake", I think we should take it with a grain of salt. It's not like this is the only time they've appeared - looking at you Skyfall.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Very interesting developments. Interesting to note the Norway sequence is the PTS... I'm curious if
    the kid
    and Bond share a scene.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    talos7 wrote: »
    Great to read some new info by Baz! Finally it seems possible the Hodge script was not completely thrown away. What’s also interesting is that he writes that in addition to Norway the film will be also shot in U.K. studios and Jamaica. I would be the happiest person in the world if these were all the filming locations, but what happened to Italy?

Really? It’s a long movie...

I agree, another location would be nice, especially considering that if Norway is pre titles, that means that the rest of the two hour or so film will be set in the UK and Jamaica exclusively.

That’s a problem.

Much of the UK filming will be studio bound; Italy, Greece and beyond are still in play.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Look, I wanna point some things out. I very much doubt that...
    ...the child will be James and Madeleine's daughter. I just can't imagine that this film will be set 10 or so years after Spectre. Are we really meant to believe he'll go back to MI6 to find that neither M, Moneypenny, Q or Tanner have aged significantly? I don't think so. I'm surprised no-ones thought of this sooner to be honest.

This will either be a flashback of Madeleine, a child related to the villain or maybe even complete bullsh**t. I mean I don't think they'd go to those lengths to throw people off, but to be honest, anything's possible.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Denbigh wrote: »
    ...the child will be James and Madeleine's daughter. I just can't imagine that this film will be set 10 or so years after Spectre. Are we really meant to believe he'll go back to MI6 to find that neither M, Moneypenny, Q or Tanner have aged significantly? I don't think so. This will either be a flashback of Madeleine, a child related to the villain or maybe even complete bullsh**t. I mean I don't think they'd go to those lengths to throw people off, but to be honest, anything's possible.

My bet’s that the actress was hired for another film, starring Lea.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    ...the child will be James and Madeleine's daughter. I just can't imagine that this film will be set 10 or so years after Spectre. Are we really meant to believe he'll go back to MI6 to find that neither M, Moneypenny, Q or Tanner have aged significantly? I don't think so. This will either be a flashback of Madeleine, a child related to the villain or maybe even complete bullsh**t. I mean I don't think they'd go to those lengths to throw people off, but to be honest, anything's possible.

I mean I'm grasping at straws massively, but the amount of 007 logos on those documents that describe the scene really did make me stop for a second. I know it's a James Bond production, but come on? Bit much if you ask me.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    So Norway is the PTS. I'm willing to bet no opening gunbarrel, and a chance we may not see bond in the pts. The pts may be the flashback.
    Didn’t the PTS of LALD start with the GB but feature no James Bond until after the title song?

I mean I'm grasping at straws massively, but the amount of 007 logos on those documents that describe the scene really did make me stop for a second. I know it's a James Bond production, but come on? Bit much if you ask me.

Which documents?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    ...the child will be James and Madeleine's daughter. I just can't imagine that this film will be set 10 or so years after Spectre. Are we really meant to believe he'll go back to MI6 to find that neither M, Moneypenny, Q or Tanner have aged significantly? I don't think so. I'm surprised no-ones thought of this sooner to be honest.

This will either be a flashback of Madeleine, a child related to the villain or maybe even complete bullsh**t. I mean I don't think they'd go to those lengths to throw people off, but to be honest, anything's possible.
    Agreed.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A bit strange if that is the only Norwegian location.

Which documents?

The scene description was attached to a work permit application to the proper authorities for child labour.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Which documents?
    Someone shared a picture here, I'll see if I can find it. Here you go @AgentJamesBond007. Like I said I'm really grasping and they look pretty official (although the excessive logo seems a bit much), but like I said anything's possible.
    xbond-25-norway-pre-production-docs.jpg.pagespeed.ic.XVPaWYUrDy.webp

Which documents?
    Someone shared a picture here, I'll see if I can find it. Here you go @AgentJamesBond007. Like I said I'm really grasping and they look pretty official (although the excessive logo seems a bit much), but like I said anything's possible.
    xbond-25-norway-pre-production-docs.jpg.pagespeed.ic.sC7VbxwVSW.jpg

I see what you mean now. Although I wouldn’t say the logo is super excessive.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Which documents?
    xbond-25-norway-pre-production-docs.jpg.pagespeed.ic.sC7VbxwVSW.jpg

I see what you mean now. Although I wouldn’t say the logo is super excessive.
    Like I said I'm just reaching, but I am really struggling to get my head around this entire sequence.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Jamaica, @peter will be delighted that scoop played out, still proving one of the most reliable sources we have.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Jamaica, @peter will be delighted that scoop played out, still proving one of the most reliable sources we have.
    Yes. Two thumbs up for @peter . Well done! (No sarcasm.)
    Drat! I must have missed that scoop from @peter. When did he mention Jamaica?
    Hoping for dubstep versions of Underneathe the Mango Tree and Jump Up!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,936
    Much appreciated, brother Peter. :)>-
    FourDot wrote: »
    Hoping for dubstep versions of Underneathe the Mango Tree and Jump Up!
    I'm hoping Craig downs a Red Stripe. Heineken will probably be seen somewhere in the film, but Heineken owns Red Stripe now, so there won't be any conflict of interest.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    No way they can pass the chance to feature a modernized version of „Jump Up“ :-) That would be really, really cool
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    bondsum wrote: »

To be honest there is so much stuff on this thread, I couldn't tell you where it is but I know he revealed it via pm to a number of us.

Possible Goldeneye cameo maybe?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,169
    Calling it right now
    PTS is bond and Madeline living together happily in Norway when they are attacked by some bad guys, I dunno maybe they have a kid together and the kid runs out. Madeline dies and we’re into the credits sequence

That's a bit underwhelming. Likely the PTS will have some sort of action setpiece. Besides,,,,
    What't the point of building an entire house in the middle of nowhere, if they have no intention of blowing it up? If the house is only seen as an establishing shot
    (like at the lake in SP), they might as well have rented one, that looks exactly the same.

The PTS will likely have more scenes than the one discussed. Remember: they are filming other places in Norway, too.

Let me take a wild guess:
    The child is only in the PTS. We know that for a fact, don't we? So it has to be some sort of flashback, unless she actually dies. It's certainly an emotional scene, with great importance for the rest of the plot.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

To be honest there is so much stuff on this thread, I couldn't tell you where it is but I know he revealed it via pm to a number of us.

Possible Goldeneye cameo maybe?

@peter mentioned Jamaica more than a month ago in this thread. Jamaica was reported as a possible location even on the title of the thread itself, thanks to @peter info. Great to find out it's actually happening! Since as we all know Jamaica featured in the first Connery outing, it's great to come back to such a capital place in the world for Bond and Fleming for the last Craig outing! Amazing! Plus, Jamaica was never mentioned outside this thread in any newspaper etc etc, so it was really a scoop!

Good to know also that the PTS is in Norway. It's a QoS situation, when they went to Siena filming the Palio before the official start of production with Craig at Pinewood.

Now what happened to Matera?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

To be honest there is so much stuff on this thread, I couldn't tell you where it is
    That's what the first page of this thread is for. Peter mentioned Jamaica on page 2066.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,884
    I knew they'd be going back to the Caribbean this time around and I thought that the "fun in the sun" tweet from their official account was an actual hint.

Edit: Why does Baz post these stories in the early hours of the morning of the very timezone he's located? Truly irks me.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,343
    BTW the fact they're filming by a frozen lake in Norway while Boyle wanted to film by a frozen lake in Canada doesn't mean they're incorporating his ideas in the actual movie. Even Skyfall featured a frozen lake.

With all this crazy temperatures they should hurry. It's highly likely that they will start filming next week at this point.
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6784667/amp/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Second-helping-Downton-movie-menu.html?__twitter_impression=true

According to Baz, the Norway shoot is for the Pre Title Sequence. Also mentions the Jamaica shoot!

@peter you were right and did I mention I have a brotha
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    That henchman rumor on IMDb hasn't been talked about in the press I'm surprised since all the casting news you think a tabloid would have picked up on it @jake24

There's a henchman rumor now? I don't come here often enough. How substantiated is it @007Blofeld?

Not very @Ludovico
    Great news to see our first glimpse of B25 unfolding !!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I wonder what the jamaican sequence will be
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I wonder what the jamaican sequence will be

Smoking a cigar in Goldeneye.