No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

matt_u wrote: »
    Wait, did we just finally get confirmation that Fukunaga did indeed work on the script?

Yes. Basically Burns is polishing Fukunaga’s script.

Couldn’t have possibly been an “overhaul” like the Playlist suggested, right?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Wait, did we just finally get confirmation that Fukunaga did indeed work on the script?

Of course not.

All good news today.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869

It's interesting because in the interview with the writer of the article, he even said that they would be building upon the script they had before Burns joined, so the wording of 'overhaul' definitely blew things out of proportion.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,343

“Fukunaga turned in his recent draft at the beginning of the year, and while reports surfaced that major rewrite work was done to the script, sources say no significant changes were made, and the producers and Craig were excited with what Fukunaga had delivered.”

Burns is goin to shape the definitive script.
    "Overhaul" could just literally have meant a thorough shooting polish, from start to finish. But of course that wouldn't grab headlines, would it?
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    "Overhaul" could just literally have meant a thorough shooting polish, from start to finish. But of course that wouldn't grab headlines, would it?

Now that's the truth.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Univex wrote: »

Now that's the truth.

Yes.
    Also consider that the closer the project gets to shooting, the more Fukunaga will need to pivot his attention to aspects of the production that aren't script-related.

And - speaking from my own experience - just about anyone involved in a commercial creative endeavor is probably tempted to want to tinker and refine right up until the last possible second they can.

So, Burns coming in could simply be a reflection that Fukunaga's needed elsewhere and wasn't able to give the time he wanted to script refinements at this stage -- and if you have to bring someone in to help you with the load, why not turn to one of the best in the business.
    Also consider that the closer the project gets to shooting, the more Fukunaga will need to pivot his attention to aspects of the production that aren't script-related.

And - speaking from my own experience - just about anyone involved in a commercial creative endeavor is probably tempted to want to tinker and refine right up until the last possible second they can.

So, Burns coming in could simply be a reflection that Fukunaga's needed elsewhere and wasn't able to give the time he wanted to script refinements at this stage -- and if you have to bring someone in to help you with the load, why not turn to one of the best in the business.

Exactly. Even Fukunaga would want that. All and all, this could turn out one of the best scripts in the series, in many ways. Who knows? Here's hoping.
    Westworld is either shooting or shooting very soon so it's a shame that Wright probably can't make an appearance. Maybe a cameo isn't out of the question but we'll see. Love the casting rumors though. Good talent all around
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

@TripAces already said
    TripAces wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »

Yeah no need for personal attacks if EON had a PR department we wouldn't have to be trying find out things ourselves

Well there is that, yes.

Just speaking the truth EON needs a serious PR department shakeup

From your lips to god's ears, friend. I've been saying the same thing for while now.

Imagine if Marvel or Disney's PR department was this bad you wouldn't here the end of it from those fans
    I’m not saying that you’re wrong in this, but I’m just wondering what you expect at the time considering filming hasn’t even begun? And most films don’t give out such valuable information until it has, even Disney, also it’s always been tradition for the important stuff to be announced during the press conference, which has always taken place a few days or so before filming? So again, I’m not really sure what you want at this stage?

I understand people are getting impatient but things have been delayed, making the information we get also delayed. So I’m not sure what we’re supposed to have known by now or have had marketed?

+1

I really don't know what (more) people want. I like the fact that EON plays things pretty close to the vest. They are not loose and carefree, but rather calculated. Look at the website itself: 007.com. It's simple, controlled, no frills. This is a carefully manicured franchise, and I don't think we want that to change any time soon.

@TripAces already said I wouldn't mind keeping close to vest just at least tell us what is going on
    boldfinger wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Please everybody, make this thread fun and interesting again, will ya :-)?

I am I just threw in a nice future bond plot
    @007Blofeld, I wasn´t referring to you, I´m sorry if it read thus. I was referring to all this bickering and boring speculation About a bit of possible set construction. Many People on this thread neglect their creativity in favor of complaining and wining uselessly.

@boldfinger ok I know
    Jeff Snieder - who broke the Malek update- has two recent tweets backing up his story. One explaining that Universal were key in arranging the shooting schedules to allow Malek to do both Bond/Mr Robot. Another is to Malek's reps asking for comment:

I'm very happy with the news that they got Rami Malek. Amazing actor and a real talent. I'm very hyped that he will be Bond 25's villain. This is a huge upgrade on Christoph Waltz and equals (perhaps even surpassing slightly) the hype of Javier Bardem.

Billy Magnussen is a very left-field name. Maybe with America being less than trustworthy on the world stage, they have a sleazy and corrupt CIA character in the film. I've only ever seen Magnussen play 'bros' in films such as Ingrid Goes West and Velvet Buzzsaw. He's the guy who provides comedic relief and is usually fairly unremarkable. He's doesn't inspire heaps of faith, but clearly has a relationship with Fukunaga.

emma-stone-jonah-hill-justin-theroux-maniac-nyc-premiere-04.jpg

why wouldn't they just bring back leiter then a guy who can do comedy relief and has malek done a villian role im not just hyped to have him off a oscar win waltz won an oscar too and look how Blofeld turn out im just cautiously optimistic
    so much news its hard to keep up coming
    So malek is 95% for sure going to be the villain
    hate the media these days blow up a made up story on the script on bond 25 to make us all mad to get clicks is disturbing
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    So malek is 95% for sure going to be the villain

sounds like it
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @007Blofeld Please try to edit your posts instead of quadruple posting.
    this is why you trust trusted sources and not a idiot from the playlist fake news 101
    If Rami Malek is the villain I doubt he's playing Blofeld - looks too young - but Shatterhand could still be the title of Bond 25. Shatterhand could be the name of the villain but he's not Blofeld in disguise.

Shatterhand seems too good a title not to use. Yes, it's a third Bond film with the letter S but who cares!

Malek could be playing rich industrialist Sigmund Shatterhand!

giphy.gif

edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    jake24 wrote: »
    @jake24 ok how you do that so many things have changed on here like emojis and inserting pics and memes we need like a how to guide
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Bring on April 8, 2020! So freaking excited :D
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,588
    @jake24 ok how you do that so many things have changed on here like emojis and inserting pics and memes we need like a how to guide
    Just click on the little wheel icon in the top right corner of your post to edit them.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Just click on the little wheel icon in the top right corner of your post to edit them.

ok

back about malek just because he won an oscar and is hot property right now doesn't mean he be good for a bond villian look at waltz in spectre everyone was excited about him and look at how that turned out has malek played a villian role before does anyone know and how was he? like i said excited but cautiously
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,447
    Out of the blue i take first American actres on birthday of today for CIA agent and then i found this picture of her with the Bond 25 directer..

Cary+Fukunaga+2011+Celebrate+Sundance+Institute+7EPJL5FluzSl.jpg

Brit Marling

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm1779870/

I own two movies with her on BD and she is not that fames.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a Ken Adam style set.
    We should have had that at Blofeld's crater base in SP,while cutting out the London finale all together !
    Baz, both Blofeld's meteorite room and control room were straight Ken Adam style!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,531
    Wonderful news.

You're correct, sir. But when one is given the assignment for an "overhaul", it usually means a page one re-write. However, and to the point...--

Recently I was accused of "being quiet".

As I said at the time, I was far from quiet. I was in constant communications with posters that actually like Bond and I continued chatting about the little morsels I knew. None of what I have reported is a lie-- a release date may have changed, but I, and others, were not lying about what we knew, lol!

Ten days, or more ago, I posted to readers that the "overhaul" that was reported in the PL article (and made me lose my shit), was exaggerated.

I reported to those that care to read my nonsense, that the script was only being "polished with the same story, same characters that was there in the previous drafts" (when I heard this, I went to a trusted source on this site, and he knocked this point home).

I stand by these claims that I stated over a week ago. I suppose variety gives a little more insight.

Others who I chatted with-- ten or more days ago-- will agree to this too: I said there was no overhaul. It was a polish (and smarter people than me on this site, knew that too (they knew coz they r smart; me dummy)).

The only thing I was not privy to at the time was that the draft we were talking about came from CF himself (holy. and. shit!!)

Continuing on this point, I was disturbed to hear that my/or other sources could be validated if, blah, blah, blah, and all I have to say to that, respectfully, is this: no one is lying to us. I can't speak for others, but I believe those (outside of the internet scavengers), have legit information. But--

Information in the film world changes moment by moment (a small sample: Bombay (I think), was locked for the PTS for SF; that changed to Istanbul in a blink.

Bombay was locked, until it wasn't, and things moved to Istanbul for (I think), better tax incentives).

@PanchitoPistoles, you say my "source(s)" can be validated if Jamaica holds up. Uh... okay. But, I said more (and I suppose, risk your wrath):

We should see how much has changed in the scripts from my reporting on this site, to the date now-- but I can assure you that anyone in production will report B25 was:

#1 In Jamaica for scouting, led by Gregg Wilson (and he stayed at Ian Fleming's GoldenEye while he was there)(as a secondary source, he may have been there with second unit).

#2: Cadiz or Matera Italy will stand in for Tuninsia (or maybe Greece? which I didn't hear about???, but Tuninsia (or another Middle east city, but I heard the Big T), unless exorcised by Burns)

#3: Malek agreed to being in B25 BEFORE Oscar night (what is happening now is crossing "t"s and "I"s)

#4 as I have said since Day 1: I believe Norway will happen, but I didn't hear about Norway from my "sources" until the past week. Repeat, I admit, I never heard about Norway, unless from this site (therefore admitting shortcomings, lol);

#5: although Variety reported March 4 as the start date, I never said that was the date-- I said March 2019... And, shit, I will still say that shooting will happen in March 2019 (if not, shoot me on this).

EDIT:

#6: this dummy speculated (from ppl closer than me), that Boyle was fired; that he wanted to change the "culture of Bond. This has been documented long enough from me...

Things change on a film set. But this is what I know.

None of these things are a lie.
    peter wrote: »
    Wonderful news.

You're correct, sir. But when one is given the assignment for an "overhaul", it usually means a page one re-write. However, and to the point...--

As I said at the time, I was far from quiet. I was in constant communications with posters that actually like Bond and I continued chatting about the little morsels I knew. None of what I have reported is a lie-- a release date may have changed, but I, and others, were not lying about what we knew, lol!

Ten days, or more ago, I posted to readers that the "overhaul" that was reported in the PL article (and made me lose my shit), was exaggerated.

I reported to those that care to read my nonsense, that the script was only being "polished with the same story, same characters that was there in the previous drafts" (when I heard this, I went to a trusted source on this site, and he knocked this point home).

I stand by these claims that I stated over a week ago. I suppose variety gives a little more insight.

Others who I chatted with-- ten or more days ago-- will agree to this too: I said there was no overhaul. It was a polish (and smarter people than me on this site, knew that too (they knew coz they r smart; me dummy)).

The only thing I was not privy to at the time was that the draft we were talking about came from CF himself (holy. and. shit!!)

Continuing on this point, I was disturbed to hear that my/or other sources could be validated if, blah, blah, blah, and all I have to say to that, respectfully, is this: no one is lying to us. I can't speak for others, but I believe those (outside of the internet scavengers), have legit information. But--

Information in the film world changes moment by moment (a small sample: Bombay (I think), was locked for the PTS for SF; that changed to Istanbul in a blink.

Bombay was locked, until it wasn't, and things moved to Istanbul for (I think), better tax incentives).

@PanchitoPistoles, you say my "source(s)" can be validated if Jamaica holds up. Uh... okay. But, I said more (and I suppose, risk your wrath):

We should see how much has changed in the scripts from my reporting on this site, to the date now-- but I can assure you that anyone in production will report B25 was:

#1 In Jamaica for scouting, led by Gregg Wilson (and he stayed at Ian Fleming's GoldenEye while he was there)(as a secondary source, he may have been there with second unit).

#2: Cadiz or Matera Italy will stand in for Tuninsia (or maybe Greece? which I didn't hear about???, but Tuninsia (or another Middle east city, but I heard the Big T), unless exorcised by Burns)

#3: Malek agreed to being in B25 BEFORE Oscar night (what is happening now is crossing "t"s and "I"s)

#4 as I have said since Day 1: I believe Norway will happen, but I didn't hear about Norway from my "sources" until the past week. Repeat, I admit, I never heard about Norway, unless from this site (therefore admitting shortcomings, lol);

#5: although Variety reported March 4 as the start date, I never said that was the date-- I said March 2019... And, shit, I will still say that shooting will happen in March 2019 (if not, shoot me on this).

EDIT:

#6: this dummy speculated (from ppl closer than me), that Boyle was fired; that he wanted to change the "culture of Bond. This has been documented long enough from me...

As always a great source of info
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 832
    peter wrote: »
    Wonderful news.

I kind of wish I could read everything about this film's pre-production/ scripts without the consequences for the film. Curiosity piqued.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I wish we could all collaborate on the info we have, rather than make a competition out of whose info is better, worse, valid, until absolutely proven. For example, Cashley was definitely full of a four letter word.

I'm not saying this to call anyone out. Let's be adults, and collaborate together. This is the reason why schools force group projects on us from a young age.

Let's honour those pointless assignments.