No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    matt_u wrote: »
    0 chances Felix would be recast. The fact that Fukunaga changed the part of the CIA agent to make it suitable for a younger actor sounds like the character is not Felix. BTW Malek parents are Egyptian, but he was born and raised in LA. So he's American.

Regarding Lupita, well, maybe they made the comparison with Camille just because she has a deep connection with the baddie. having said that I don't see her carrying the role of the main Bond girls. What if there's not goin to be a "main" Bond girl this time around?

The new MI6 agent sounds strange to me. Since Harris role has been expanded, probably this new character won't have a lot of screen time. Maybe a replace for Tanner?

(fired for being too much boring). XD

Regarding Malek - your ethnicity doesn't change based on your nationality. My parents are from India and I was born in England. I sound British, but my heritage is not. Th same stands for Malek.

Lupita could more than carry the leading role in a Bond film. in fact, Eon would be very lucky if she said yes. I mean Kevin Feige, the Academy and milions of moviegers would disagree with you:

It's about time this series embraced more POC. I'm so very excited by this cast. This is in no way, Eon trying to be politically correct, they are just casting the best people around who would draw a bigger audience and get more box office receipts. It all comes down to the money at the end.

Winning an Academy Award doesn't automatically mean an actor is suitable for a leading role in a Bond movie. Neither starring in a Kevin Feige trash blockbuster.

It all depends on the role. Sure she's a good actress and I'd be fine with her casting. But I think she would lack something if she's indeed the main Bond girl. Plus I don't really see Craig interacting with her (in a sexual way). That's my impression. Probably she's a partner of the villain. But I don't care about how many awards she received.

Regarding Malek, you stated he's Egyptian but is not correct. It's like stating Martin Scorsese is Italian. Malek is American, with Egyptian parents. But I see your comment was related only to the ethnicity of the character so that's fine. And this is a casting I'm really excited about. Terrific choice.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Google translate says: 'the first recording day at Pinewood Studios in London, Monday, March 4'.

Oh, I see. My bad. Wishful thinking, I guess.

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Google translate says: 'the first recording day at Pinewood Studios in London, Monday, March 4'.

That's still great. Filming, technically starting in less than five days.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,539
    peter wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I'm curious if Boyle signed a contract how he got out of that or eon just let him go

EoN fired him-- that's how he got out of contract.

I wish we could all collaborate on the info we have, rather than make a competition out of whose info is better, worse, valid, until absolutely proven. For example, Cashley was definitely full of a four letter word.

I'm not saying this to call anyone out. Let's be adults, and collaborate together. This is the reason why schools force group projects on us from a young age.

Let's honour those pointless assignments.

As I said, I'm not in competition and I'm not trying to outsmart anyone, coz I don't care about "points"...

I just really love James Bond... (the following is an article I wrote, published in a national newspaper (once again, I don't hide behind avatars and key-board warriorisms): https://nationalpost.com/opinion/peter-sheldrick-why-james-bond-remains-the-worlds-favourite-secret-agent)

If something comes in that I think will be valuable to this site, I post it (as others know, if there is info I get I'm not sure about, I withhold it coz it didn't hold water (not even in a fun fan-boy/girl sense-- which happened just recently (that some posters are well aware about)).

However, @dominicgreene -- when ppl who do share what we know (I'm a produced writer (of some silly shit horror films and a sequel (not my genre, lol); and I have been paid options on two big thriller films, one which Amber Heard is reading) and I know a couple to three ppl related to EoN on this production; and...

There are posters on this site that I know definitively WORKED for Eon (and others still that have legit industry sources (looking @ggl007 ), are used as punching bags, many, like myself (can't speak for others), don't bother posting anymore, coz it's not fun.

I think @Denbigh hit the nail on the head when he said, and I paraphrase, this site isn't about ego and scoops and competition (which is how at least two people are taking this), but sharing in what we know.

I could seriously hurt a poster and his claims he has info on the press conference for B25....

For now... What's the point?

There was a poster (maybe 2, or 5) that said lets get back to the fun.

I agree..............

Wise words as always, @peter Thank you! (Great article, by the way ;) )
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

That's still great. Filming, technically starting in less than five days.
    I highly doubt it.
    who knows at this point we shall see.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,343
    No way they will roll next Monday without the proper press conference... why they don’t just release an official announcement regarding the start of filming?

Maybe they’re waiting for a definitive cast. I’m really eager to find out the title.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    They haven't even casted the key roles yet. I don't think they would have much to announce other than a title.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I hope you guys are right about Lupita (or whoever takes the role) being a villain/henchwoman, Craig needs to face off against one before the end of his run. To me, they’re as much a part of the Bond history as anything else.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 3,169
    Univex wrote: »
    Any Norwegians out there? ;)
    https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/3jnqnA/james-bond-i-norge-dette-vet-vi

Something about a press conference on Monday? Or is my translator kaput?

Some details about the 13-year old child. She is british documents show and she will get her own trailer. One of her parents will be there, and the norwegian authority has given the production team licence for her to work no more than 5 hours a day.

Production has to wrap up in the area by April 1st.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 565
    Red_Snow wrote: »

This confirms @Pierce2Daniel 's previous comment about that production start time for Bond 25.

My sources don't lie. Unlike some people's....

Hearing some cool things about the sets being built. It feels like it's really happening now!
    Why be so snarky? Things can change quickly and it doesn't mean that someone's sources were lying.

Secondly, if you're going to mention something about pre-production, it'd probably be better not to bring up something but not reveal anything about it. It just comes across as a childish schoolyard tactic for attention: "I know something that you don't, but I'm not going to tell you."

I'm not trying to be mean, but I feel that it unfortunately needs to be said more direct fashion that what I'm seeing on this thread. Sometimes thoughts are best kept to oneself. You can have satisfaction knowing you were right and others were wrong without pronouncing it to the world. Trust me, people will figure things out on their own accord and you don't need to take a swipe at your own pedestal for it to be known.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I know and can confirm that filming will not start on Monday.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    jake24 wrote: »
    They haven't even casted the key roles yet. I don't think they would have much to announce other than a title.
    Yeah exactly, I think we can expect the conference at the end of March/beginning of April :)

Yes. But in Norway they will indeed start in March at this point.

So the question is whether or not they'll host the press conference before or after the Norway shoot.

So the question is whether or not they'll host the press conference before or after the Norway shoot.

I definitely suppose after. If filming in Norway is scheduled to wrap April 1st the press conference could happen in the next days at Pinewood. IDK, maybe April 4.
  • RC7RC7

They usually try to align the press conference with the beginning of principal photography at Pinewood, but obviously they have and do shoot prior to the ‘official’ 1st day. Could be either. Depends on what exactly the Norway shoot entails, how extensive it is, and whether there are logistical reasons for shooting ASAP.
    RC7 wrote: »

They usually try to align the press conference with the beginning of principal photography at Pinewood, but obviously they have and do shoot prior to the ‘official’ 1st day. Could be either. Depends on what exactly the Norway shoot entails, how extensive it is, and whether there are logistical reasons for shooting ASAP.

perhaps much like the Quantum of Solace press conference we will get actual footage from the film

(which I believe the footage we got during the press conference was bond talking to the airport stewardess and Bond and M in the snow)

edited February 2019 Posts: 10,588

I reckon that, for logistical reasons (maybe weather?), the Norway shoot could not be postponed. Early April most likely refers to the start of production at Pinewood, so the event will probably fall in late March/ early April regardless.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So the March 4th press conference has been stalled?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,554
    If we follow previous timelines, we can expect the first teaser trailer to drop in August or September. :-)
  • RC7RC7

perhaps much like the Quantum of Solace press conference we will get actual footage from the film

(which I believe the footage we got during the press conference was bond talking to the airport stewardess and Bond and M in the snow)

Hard to say. Personally, I would say it’s unlikely. From memory, I believe the press conference for QoS was held a good three weeks or so after the start of principal photography, partly due to them being unable to settle on the title.
    So the March 4th press conference has been stalled?
    The March 4th start date is all but officially delayed. Many sources are saying early April.
    TripAces wrote: »
    If we follow previous timelines, we can expect the first teaser trailer to drop in August or September. :-)
    Most likely August, attached to Universal's Hobbs and Shaw.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited February 2019 Posts: 467
    Regarding Rami Malek, if he talks like an Egyptian, if he walks like an Egyptian…
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Most likely August, attached to Universal's Hobbs and Shaw.
    Good shout @jake24 :)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,496
    Daniel Craig To Star In One-Night-Only Stage Reading For Off Broadway’s New York Theatre Workshop
    https://deadline.com/2019/02/daniel-craig-off-broadway-a-number-caryl-churchill-new-york-theatre-workshop-stage-reading-1202566630/

Directed by Sam Gold (Tony Award winner in 2015 for Fun Home), the reading is set for Sunday March 10 at 7 pm at NYTW. Tickets go on sale today, and the reading will benefit NYTW’s Artist Workshop and Education programming.
    Daniel Craig To Star In One-Night-Only Stage Reading For Off Broadway’s New York Theatre Workshop
    https://deadline.com/2019/02/daniel-craig-off-broadway-a-number-caryl-churchill-new-york-theatre-workshop-stage-reading-1202566630/

Directed by Sam Gold (Tony Award winner in 2015 for Fun Home), the reading is set for Sunday March 10 at 7 pm at NYTW. Tickets go on sale today, and the reading will benefit NYTW’s Artist Workshop and Education programming.

Clearly this means bond 25 is never happening PANIC PANIC PANIC

;) actually anyone going to go and ask him some questions
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541

I am not really sure if I want to watch Teaser/ Trailer or any BTS footage before watching the film. Kind of ruined my SP experience the last time I did that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Love that he's still allowed to do stuff like this. We all know that if we were in 1964, Cubby and Harry probably would've never allowed Connery to do this kind of work outside of James Bond. No disrepect to them as producers at all, but because their extremely fast turn-around on movies, Connery couldn't catch a break.