No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    antovolk wrote: »
    With Leiter, I would not be surprised if maybe Wright simply can't make schedules work between this and Westworld.

That would be the most likely scenario. A damn shame albeit understandable if true, though.
    I’m interested to see what Malek can bring to the table. Magnussen I feel eh about. Really disappointed it appears Wright is likely out.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    We should note that, Leiter could very well still be in the film in addition to other CIA characters that come into play. Although I reckon there are some scheduling conflicts with Westworld.
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Spectre seems to me to be seen as a 'mistake' only on here. All the, erm, 'normal' people I know loved it. If they're carrying the story on, it's fine by me. I suppose we'll have to go back to TND for the last none 'personal/rogue agent' film.

That was when, twenty years ago?

TLD was the last Bond movie with no direct personal element @shamanimal. My bet is that it'll carry on after Craig whoever replaces him.
    TripAces wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Spectre seems to me to be seen as a 'mistake' only on here. All the, erm, 'normal' people I know loved it. If they're carrying the story on, it's fine by me. I suppose we'll have to go back to TND for the last none 'personal/rogue agent' film.

That was when, twenty years ago?

TLD was the last Bond movie with no direct personal element @shamanimal. My bet is that it'll carry on after Craig whoever replaces him.

But I do agree that SP is probably more popular in the general public than here.

This has been my experience, as well. I was truly disappointed with SP when I saw it on opening night. Friends of mine, who were more casual fans, loved it. (I will add for the record: SP has grown on me over the past 3 1/2 years.)
    And this is why I think the events of SP will me referred to in Bond 25 far more than people thought at first. According to the information we have, it will be echoed extensively.
    jake24 wrote: »
    We should note that, Leiter could very well still be in the film in addition to other CIA characters that come into play. Although I reckon there are some scheduling conflicts with Westworld.

I really hope he does, but I’m finding it unlikely. We should know in a month or so.
    That's a fairly bold claim for Collider to make. I'd take it to the bank.

It's all coming together, folks!
    The guy they have on the Malek story for Collider previously worked for the trades and is now there precisely to break scoops of this nature, so I’d say it’s almosr a done deal.
    Then I say: Yes!
    Brilliant casting.

And at some point in one of those articles they state Fukunaga's script was great and that no significant rewrites were made to it. That, if true, is stellar news.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    antovolk wrote: »
    The guy they have on the Malek story for Collider previously worked for the trades and is now there precisely to break scoops of this nature, so I’d say it’s almosr a done deal.
    I can't wait to see what he does with the role, if all goes to plan :)

I'd love to see him and Lupita in the film. Magnussen I'm not too sure about though.
    I’m sure Malek is in. I’m cool with that - I think he’ll be great if given a good script.

The other casting roles do intrigue me. But Malek being a near-lock is my favorite news so far for today. I know not everyone’s a fan of the idea but I’d like to see a younger Bond villain.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I’m sure Malek is in. I’m cool with that - I think he’ll be great if given a good script.

The other casting roles do intrigue me. But Malek being a near-lock is my favorite news so far for today. I know not everyone’s a fan of the idea but I’d like to see a younger Bond villain.

My feelings exactly, @FoxRox.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The Bond girl descriptions intrigued me, cause like I said, they both sound like the main Bond girl. Although, the Camille-comparison intrigues me even more because it's such a loose description that the role could play out in many different ways. A Bond girl with a troubled past? Maybe a henchwoman with a troubled past? Or something completely different. To be honest, the henchwoman idea is just wishful thinking :D
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Agreed. Variety's comments regarding the state of the script is quite reassuring too.

Also, don't rule out a Leiter return just because they are casting a 'CIA agent who crosses paths with Bond'.

Agreed. Variety's comments regarding the state of the script is quite reassuring too.

Also, don't rule out a Leiter return just because they are casting a 'CIA agent who crosses paths with Bond'.

Agree.

And add me to the list of those happy with Malek. Thrilled, even. A young, intriguing actor with incredible screen presence at the top of his game - literally days off his first Oscar win. If the Bond brand needed at all to make a statement about its clout in the business and its relevance in a crowded field of competition, it's done it definitively with that single bit of casting.

The great Barbara Broccoli, indeed.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Exactly, Beam and Leiter both appeared in QOS. Beam being someone who was against Bond, whilst Felix remained an ally.
    Would really like Jeffrey Wright to return, he's a great actor, and one of the best Leiter's we've had. Also has good chemistry with Craig.
    Malek being cast would hardly be a surprise, but most welcome.

Wait, did we just finally get confirmation that Fukunaga did indeed work on the script?
    I really, REALLY want Wright back. It would truly be an all-star cast then. It already is but that would be the cherry on top. Maybe they’re trying to get him in and they don’t know if it will work yet. I feel like if it was already in place/planned we’d hear about it among all this other casting news.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    @FoxRox spot on!! I really want Jeffrey Wright back. He has such a great presence on screen and he has a fantastic chemistry with Craig. Still holding out hope he will be in the film
    Can we acknowledge how giant the February news section on the first page has become? Things are definitely gearing up.
    Can we acknowledge how giant the February news section on the first page has become? Things are definitely gearing up.

I can agree things are finally getting excited. The delay destroyed all my excitement for a while but for the first time the film really seems to be taking shape.

AVTAK 2020 incoming! :-D

avtak.gif
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    giphy.gif

avtak.gif

YES!!! I hope!
    I'd be ok with that. Just add Lupita as Rami's private henchwoman. His "eyes" and muscle - if he turns out to be the rumoured blind villain.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Univex wrote: »
    I'd be ok with that. Just add Lupita as Rami's private henchwoman. His "eyes" and muscle - if he turns out to be the rumoured blind villain.

Wouldn't go banco on that "blind villain". I think they took that out from the Never Dream of Dying/Shatterhand rumours from last year.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Univex wrote: »
    That would actually be really cool, although the blind idea comes from the Never Dream of Dying title rumour, I believe. The leader of the Union is blind, but if it is true, this would also remind me of the Jared Leto/Sylvia Hoeks pairing from Blade Runner 2049...

...and people probably know how much I love that film and Sylvia Hoek's character.

c8517a2351720ebf3bcb98f4c1aed2cb.jpg

avtak.gif

YES!!! I hope!

Me too! We need an exciting adventure this time around.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Jeff Snieder - who broke the Malek update- has two recent tweets backing up his story. One explaining that Universal were key in arranging the shooting schedules to allow Malek to do both Bond/Mr Robot. Another is to Malek's reps asking for comment:

I'm very happy with the news that they got Rami Malek. Amazing actor and a real talent. I'm very hyped that he will be Bond 25's villain. This is a huge upgrade on Christoph Waltz and equals (perhaps even surpassing slightly) the hype of Javier Bardem.

Billy Magnussen is a very left-field name. Maybe with America being less than trustworthy on the world stage, they have a sleazy and corrupt CIA character in the film. I've only ever seen Magnussen play 'bros' in films such as Ingrid Goes West and Velvet Buzzsaw. He's the guy who provides comedic relief and is usually fairly unremarkable. He's doesn't inspire heaps of faith, but clearly has a relationship with Fukunaga.

emma-stone-jonah-hill-justin-theroux-maniac-nyc-premiere-04.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'll this say again, Fukunaga if you're looking for someone to play the new MI6 agent, look no further than your own show (again) Sonoya Mizuno. A beautiful Japanese-born British actress with the acting-chops to match...
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Wait, did we just finally get confirmation that Fukunaga did indeed work on the script?

Yes. Basically Burns is polishing Fukunaga’s script.

So the drama regarding Burns rewriting the whole thing was just pointless. Especially because you can’t rewrite a whole script in just one month. Glad to know they were satisfied with Fukunaga’s work.