Denbigh wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »

Yeah no need for personal attacks if EON had a PR department we wouldn't have to be trying find out things ourselves

Well there is that, yes.

Just speaking the truth EON needs a serious PR department shakeup

From your lips to god's ears, friend. I've been saying the same thing for while now.

Imagine if Marvel or Disney's PR department was this bad you wouldn't here the end of it from those fans
    I’m not saying that you’re wrong in this, but I’m just wondering what you expect at the time considering filming hasn’t even begun? And most films don’t give out such valuable information until it has, even Disney, also it’s always been tradition for the important stuff to be announced during the press conference, which has always taken place a few days or so before filming? So again, I’m not really sure what you want at this stage?

I understand people are getting impatient but things have been delayed, making the information we get also delayed. So I’m not sure what we’re supposed to have known by now?

@Denbigh not alot but something to keep us from starting a war on a thread about basic PR information to know what's going on

Hmm yeah I feel that, it would be nice to avoid the wars :)

I guess some information or an announcement regarding costumes, music or sets would be nice, considering a lot of the focus is pulled to the cast and title during the conference and press release.

And those positions have been thrown into the dark after Boyle leaving. We don’t even know if those names on IMDb are definite.

Yeah no need for personal attacks if EON had a PR department we wouldn't have to be trying find out things ourselves

Well there is that, yes.

From your lips to god's ears, friend. I've been saying the same thing for while now.

Imagine if Marvel or Disney's PR department was this bad you wouldn't here the end of it from those fans
    I’m not saying that you’re wrong in this, but I’m just wondering what you expect at the time considering filming hasn’t even begun? And most films don’t give out such valuable information until it has, even Disney, also it’s always been tradition for the important stuff to be announced during the press conference, which has always taken place a few days or so before filming? So again, I’m not really sure what you want at this stage?

I understand people are getting impatient but things have been delayed, making the information we get also delayed. So I’m not sure what we’re supposed to have known by now?

@Denbigh not alot but something to keep us from starting a war on a thread about basic PR information to know what's going on

I guess some information or an announcement regarding costumes, music or sets would be nice, considering a lot of the focus is pulled to the cast and title during the conference and press release.

And those positions have been thrown into the dark after Boyle leaving. We don’t even know if those names on IMDb are definite.

@Denbigh if they gave us what date the press conference was that would be good enough just something to countdown to

It would be nice :)

Although unfortunatley they seem to always leave that information until the 007 Twitter does the countdown, so that’ll probably be the case again :(
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Well there is that, yes.

Well there is that, yes.

@Denbigh if they gave us what date the press conference was that would be good enough just something to countdown to

It would be nice :)

Although unfortunatley they seem to always leave that information until the 007 Twitter does the countdown, so that’ll probably be the case again :(

Yeah I'm sure if they said we can't wait at the end us Bond fans will have a field day saying if you can't wait why the delays lol
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Some more details re. the filming in Norway:
    Aftenposten writes that (in adition to details we know about already) "The child will work for five days, up to five hours each day, and 25 hours a week. The application period (*I guess this is a misquote which should say filming period*) is between March 25th to March 31st.

In the application papers, it is revealed that the child starring in the scenes is Maya Khosrowshahi.

Khosrowshahi is an Iranian surname. I have no clue what this girl looks like, but the nationality certainly doesn't match that of Swann's...
    Well at least we finally have a start date in mind then? Although that maybe when BW starts his filming? So guess we will see when the press conference is scheduled for?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Well there is that, yes.

I understand people are getting impatient but things have been delayed, making the information we get also delayed. So I’m not sure what we’re supposed to have known by now or have had marketed?

+1

I really don't know what (more) people want. I like the fact that EON plays things pretty close to the vest. They are not loose and carefree, but rather calculated. Look at the website itself: 007.com. It's simple, controlled, no frills. This is a carefully manicured franchise, and I don't think we want that to change any time soon.

• edited February 2019 Posts: 17,292
    jake24 wrote: »
    Aftenposten writes that (in adition to details we know about already) "The child will work for five days, up to five hours each day, and 25 hours a week. The application period (*I guess this is a misquote which should say filming period*) is between March 25th to March 31st.

In the application papers, it is revealed that the child starring in the scenes is Maya Khosrowshahi.

Khosrowshahi is an Iranian surname. I have no clue what this girl looks like, but the nationality certainly doesn't match that of Swann's...
    Yes, that was my first thought as well. Maybe the character is somehow connected to Rami Malek's character (if we're to believe he's cast)?

But it could just be the surname making us think otherwise, and that this is related to Swann (and her past).
    Of course Norway is doubling for somewhere else.
    Nothing regarding Swann, puts her in Norway. So it's either Switzerland or Austria
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Nothing regarding Swann, puts her in Norway. So it's either Switzerland or Austria

I'm just hoping this is just one of maybe two Norwegian locations. Would make no sense to film in Norway if doubling for somewhere else where you'll find similar location (it's expensive to shoot over here).
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

Very weird indeed. Although maybe it could work? What's interesting is that
    Craig will be at the lodge set? So I'm kind of confused now.
    Zekidk wrote: »

I'm just hoping this is just one of maybe two Norwegian locations. Would make no sense to film in Norway if doubling for somewhere else where you'll find similar location (it's expensive to shoot over here).

This makes no sense. Tom Cruise used a well-known landmark in Norway and still it doubled for somewhere else. If news break out that they plan to shoot on the streets of Oslo or something like that, then yes. But just a random snowy location that could be anywhere? Besides... it's expensive to shoot in other countries, too. Switzerland? Or moving the whole production to Canada?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Is that confirmed?
  • TripAces wrote: »

+1

I really don't know what (more) people want. I like the fact that EON plays things pretty close to the vest. They are not loose and carefree, but rather calculated. Look at the website itself: 007.com. It's simple, controlled, no frills. This is a carefully manicured franchise, and I don't think we want that to change any time soon.

Well for my part, I've said before that I'm not really clamoring for more 'info', per se. I can understand that they've been burned by the Sony hacks and that there isn't much they want to share at this point.

What I do want, though, is for EON's PR people to communicate a greater sense of urgency, excitement, and even - sadly - professionalism. I've worked on just one 9-figure project in my life (not a film, mind you) and I assure you that we had a comms team that drafted everything that went out for maximum effect. With EON, I still feel like - whether or not it's their intention - they're giving off the impression that making these films is just a tiresome chore for almost everyone involved. The tweet about the delay is a fine example of this: it landed with a dull thud.

I'm saying nothing here about needing insider info, or about the quality of the finished product, or anything else. I suppose what I'm talking about is 'tone.'
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Is that confirmed?

Not sure I read it as two separate scenes from the article.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 1,680
    I think the flashback sequence and bond being there in present time could be related to Bond and an event from his past. Brace yourself for a villain with past ties to bond returns and he must eliminate the threat like the last two films. But it does look like it pertains to Madeline.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Please everybody, make this thread fun and interesting again, will ya :-)?

I am I just threw in a nice future bond plot
    @007Blofeld, I wasn´t referring to you, I´m sorry if it read thus. I was referring to all this bickering and boring speculation About a bit of possible set construction. Many People on this thread neglect their creativity in favor of complaining and wining uselessly.

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Is that confirmed?

I had quoted it in my comment earlier.
    Can one of our Norwegian members (@Thunderfinger, perhaps?) translate the below article? It seems to mention further details about the location.

https://m.bild.de/unterhaltung/kino/kino/james-bond-diese-81-jaehrige-ist-bald-bond-girl-60363172,view=amp.bildMobile.html?__twitter_impression=true
    But soon action comes in the otherwise quiet forest. In March, a film crew arrives, and James Bond himself will hunt evil among the trees and on the three waters - or be hunted himself.

Daniel Craig will soon make the next Bond in the deep Norwegian forest. As the protests increased and a local newspaper reported on it, Nittedal dropped the bomb and announced on Friday that the newly built cabin was part of a movie set. The shooting is planned for the month of March. Before the season of birds begins in April, everything is gone again. There is absolutely nothing to worry about

^ Some important information about filming dates. To those who don't want to be spoiled by some potential plot details, filming in Norway will occur in March with Daniel Craig. This will likely allow filming to move to Pinewood in April.

• I guess the article stating Daniel Craig being present is just their assumption as it is a shooting for a Bond flick. I imagine the local folks will be a little disappointed when they learn it's just a flashback.
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Spectre seems to me to be seen as a 'mistake' only on here. All the, erm, 'normal' people I know loved it. If they're carrying the story on, it's fine by me. I suppose we'll have to go back to TND for the last none 'personal/rogue agent' film.

That was when, twenty years ago?

TLD was the last Bond movie with no direct personal element @shamanimal. My bet is that it'll carry on after Craig whoever replaces him.

But I do agree that SP is probably more popular in the general public than here.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Ludovico wrote: »
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Spectre seems to me to be seen as a 'mistake' only on here. All the, erm, 'normal' people I know loved it. If they're carrying the story on, it's fine by me. I suppose we'll have to go back to TND for the last none 'personal/rogue agent' film.

That was when, twenty years ago?

TLD was the last Bond movie with no direct personal element @shamanimal. My bet is that it'll carry on after Craig whoever replaces him.

But I do agree that SP is probably more popular in the general public than here.

This has been my experience, as well. I was truly disappointed with SP when I saw it on opening night. Friends of mine, who were more casual fans, loved it. (I will add for the record: SP has grown on me over the past 3 1/2 years.)
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    As much as this latest development doesn't excite me a great deal, I'm reserving judgement for now.
    I'm super excited that Bond 25 is starting to get going
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Risico007 wrote: »
    interesting... one wonders if

this news is correct april is not the start date of filming but march as I have said but I have 0% reliability so who knows
    Stop playing games @Risico007 ! You insisted there was no second delay, filming will begin next Monday and the press conference will be held this week!

So what if a member was wrong by a few weeks or not. It's not a big deal.
    The big deal is not that they were wrong. The big deal is that they constantly berated people who said they might be wrong, and now that we do know for a fact that they were wrong they are not telling the truth about what they were saying not so long ago.
    I’m sorry but the reason you were “berated” is because you berated them about being wrong constantly and couldn’t drop it even though at the time no-one knew any better. Didn’t that end with you being banned for a week?

Discuss the new information all you want but deliberately calling people out for old messages is a waste of time and unnecessary. Again, this site doesn’t need to be about personal glory, it’s a discussion page for possible ideas and rumours. People are willing to share what they have, either way that’s good. Whosever information was right/wrong it doesn’t matter at the end of the day, because the film and what happens belongs to Eon and the cast and crew involved. Not us.

Thank you, @Denbigh.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,588
    The more I think about the recent theory, the more I think we may be getting ahead of ourselves.
    The girl they casted for the part appears to be of Iranian descent. Also, upon looking up the origins for "Khosrowshahi", there doesn't appear to be anyone living in France with that surname (the part was supposed to be cast in Paris if that casting notice is anything to go by).

We also know that they are most likely going for a Middle Eastern villain this time (both Said Taghmouhi and Rami Malek have been rumored, and they were apparently scouting Cadiz to double for Tunisia). An alternative scenario would be that this girl has some relation to the main villain. Still, I firmly believe the character will not be the daughter of Bond & Madeleine.

I'm also curious to know if Craig will be on location at Lake Langvann. If so, the plot thickens further.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    As much as this latest development doesn't excite me a great deal, I'm reserving judgement for now.
    I'm super excited that Bond 25 is starting to get going
    You've just summed up how I feel exactly @Jordo007, and some interesting points there @jake24, I suppose we'll just have to wait for the film :) Although I won't be surprised if one set photos leak. Seeing as the information regarding filming there has become public, a lot of Norwegian will probably wanna their hands on some photos, if they can.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 3,164
    Big casting news - Billy Magnussen is EON's top choice for Leiter-esque CIA agent role
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/bond-25-cast-billy-magnussen-bond-girls-1203151088/
    Producers are continuing their search for two female roles — one a new MI6 agent and the other an accomplice similar to Olga Kurylenko’s character in “Quantum of Solace” — the main villain, and an American CIA agent similar to Jeffrey Wright’s in past installments.

EDIT: And Collider with their own exclusive reporting that Malek is in final negotiations for villain http://collider.com/rami-malek-bond-25-villain/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    @Denbigh yeah mate
    Forgive me but I forget who it was on here, but someone did say when Cary Fukunaga was announced, that he loves using a child in the action to add impact and he likes flashbacks.
    I personally prefer well written spoken backstories instead of actual flashbacks. Take Kincade's story about Bond or Silva when he spoke about his grandmother's island. They were both vivid well told stories that added to the action and didn't detract from it. They give the viewer a glimpse into the unseen and yet leave the it to your imagination. Also I personally think they hold more power and give more weight to the character who tells it.
    Who knows it could be a great scene, that we all leave the film talking about.

....no Jeffrey Wright ;(
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    antovolk wrote: »
    Big casting news - Billy Magnussen is EON's top choice for a CIA agent role
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/bond-25-cast-billy-magnussen-bond-girls-1203151088/
    Producers are continuing their search for two female roles — one a new MI6 agent and the other an accomplice similar to Olga Kurylenko’s character in “Quantum of Solace” — the main villain, and an American CIA agent similar to Jeffrey Wright’s in past installments.
    ]

EDIT: And Collider with their own exclusive reporting that Malek is in final negotiations for villain http://collider.com/rami-malek-bond-25-villain/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

I do hope there's a good reason for not simply bringing back Jeffrey Wright. I missed his Felix dearly in the last two films.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 820
    Big casting news - Billy Magnussen is EON's top choice for a CIA agent role
    ]

Well, that's a big scoop. Thanks @antovolk !

I wonder why they're not using Leiter. Maybe this CIA character is a bit shady.

Additionally: the article makes it quite clear there are two major female roles in addition to Seydoux. This is shaping up to be quite the epic cast.

I'm particularly curious about the reference to the second female character. I wouldn't exactly describe Camille as an "accomplice" -- if anything, she's closer to being a "new MI6 agent" in that she was Bond's opposite number as a kickass (former) female spy. So that whole mix, as described, is peaking my interest.

EDIT: Noteworthy, Variety somewhat contradicts the Playlist piece about Burns.

"Fukunaga turned in his recent draft at the beginning of the year, and while reports surfaced that major rewrite work was done to the script, sources say no significant changes were made, and the producers and Craig were excited with what Fukunaga had delivered."
    With Leiter, I would not be surprised if maybe Wright simply can't make schedules work between this and Westworld.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Big casting news - Billy Magnussen is EON's top choice for Leiter-esque CIA agent role

Oooh I'm actually not a fan of most of this information. Magnussen is usually cast in comedic or "hateful" roles. For example, he was very funny in Game Night, and played quite the a-hole in Maniac, so I'm finding this hard to imagine, but we'll see.

As for the descriptions of the Bond girls, I'm not quite sure, I'll have to see how they're portrayed as both sound like main Bond girls, so if these descriptions are indeed for two seperate characters, it'll be interesting to see how their roles play out. I'm still holding out for a female henchwoman of some kind. Thanks for the update @antovolk :) And if you're looking for a new female MI6 agent, Fukunaga, get Sonoya Mizuno on board, she did a great job in Maniac.