No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Does anybody know if malek will appear on a late night program this week?

No, he wont be making any late night appearances this week. Unless he is a surprise guest.
    Univex wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet at least 70% of the people here will dislike the title.

I’m willing to bet at least 70% of the people here will dislike every single thing about the film. Nature of the game, old sport, nature of the game. Haters will hate.
    I want to stress while I will be dissapointed I won’t hate a film simply because it’s an original title the only film with an original title that is in my bottom rung is Die another day and the tragedy here is that if the climax of the film was better and jinx was the traitor as initially planned before they got Halle Berry and used Gala Brand instead of Miranda frost the film would of been better actually wasn’t the film originally going to be called Death for Breakfast?

I digress it can still be a fantastic film even if the title is bad

"Yes, they will start on 5th April."
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630
    Red_Snow wrote: »

This confirms @Pierce2Daniel 's previous comment about that production start time for Bond 25.
    ...and puts any question about Ben returning to rest. Excellent!
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 9,770
    so April 5th interesting I wonder if this mean the press conference will be the same day or a few days earlier
    Risico007 wrote: »
    so April 5th interesting I wonder if this mean the press conference will be the same day or a few days earlier

Earlier I would think.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I was really hoping Madeline’s inclusion was brief, perhaps her being killed immediately or something. But if we’re going to be delving into her past, that means she is going to be front and center the whole way through. That’s a problem. I always wanted B25 to just be a stand alone story about Bond. After making us wait for 4.5 years why are they torturing us with spectre. Surely they must know most fans don’t like it.
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    I'm jumping in late to this but can someone explain to me why Madeline's character is even coming back? SP was such a forgetful entry in the series it makes little to no sense to want to reference it at all. Now that we know a lot of people don't like this script, so much so that it has to be re-written yet again is a terrible sign and I'm worried. Feeling like SP 2.0 to me which is a horrible mistake.

I was really hoping Madeline’s inclusion was brief, perhaps her being killed immediately or something. But if we’re going to be delving into her past, that means she is going to be front and center the whole way through. That’s a problem. I always wanted B25 to just be a stand alone story about Bond. After making us wait for 4.5 years why are they torturing us with spectre. Surely they must know most fans don’t like it.

+1
    My thoughts exactly.
  • Red_Snow wrote: »

This confirms @Pierce2Daniel 's previous comment about that production start time for Bond 25.

My sources don't lie. Unlike some people's....

Hearing some cool things about the sets being built. It feels like it's really happening now!

Hearing some cool things about the sets being built. It feels like it's really happening now!

Anything to divulge re the sets ?

1. At this point it's common knowledge that the sources of @Risico007 and @ggl007 have a 0% success rate. The source of @peter still has a shot at redemption IF Jamaica does turn out to be a filming location.

2. Stop teasing us. Either tell us what you know or don't say anything.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

I'm hoping for a Ken Adam style set.

I'm hoping for a Ken Adam style set.

We should have had that at Blofeld's crater base in SP,while cutting out the London finale all together !
    barryt007 wrote: »

+1
    My thoughts exactly.

I'd absolutely concede it's not as universally acclaimed as CR or Skyfall, but to say "most fans don't like it", I think, is a bit of an exaggeration. A great many of us feel it's not as strong as those two, but fits nicely in the canon as a good, mid-tier Bond film -- even with a majorly questionable creative decision at the center of it.

Probably best saved for another thread, and I'll also admit I'm being very subjective with it. But I personally think there's a lot to love in the film, and certainly no shortage of ambition in it. So if they've truly gone the route of continuing its narrative thread somehow, I wouldn't be disappointed at all.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So M, Moneypenny, and Q are all officially confirmed by the actors themselves. Good news.

Do we think Mark Tildesley is still on board?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I hope so, he's probably the closest to Ken Adam you can get :)
    I'm glad Ben is back,he is an excellent Q.
    Another thought occurred to me.
    If young Madeleine is involved, I wonder if we’ll get more Mr. White again?
    So M, Moneypenny, and Q are all officially confirmed by the actors themselves. Good news.

According to Dennis Gassner’s instagram account Gassner has been in London for months... Either he is already working on Wicked or Tildesley has been replaced... :(

1. At this point it's common knowledge that the sources of @Risico007 and @ggl007 have a 0% success rate. The source of @peter still has a shot at redemption IF Jamaica does turn out to be a filming location.

0% success rate is a little harsh...
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    IMDB still has Tildesley listed as production designer.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires

When has Fiennes confirmed his return?

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Please share what you are hearing!

In Dec/Jan while promoting 'The White Crow'.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires

In Dec/Jan while promoting 'The White Crow'.

Thank you. Missed the update.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    edited February 2019 Posts: 567

I am guessing you mean the sets sound cool. I am very happy to hear that! Exciting times lie ahead.
  • Red_Snow wrote: »

check your private messages.
    FourDot wrote: »
    ...this might suggest some Marvel de-aging on Christensen.

Is it too much to ask for him to share a scene with Amalric, Bardem and Waltz in cameo?
    Oh my god, that would be preposterous.

I actually think it would be great. Well, it could potentially be great.