No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    The Ides Of March...

First things first: I am very much expecting an apology from @Risico007 and @peter . Not for being wrong about the filming not being delayed and the date of the press conference, but for constantly berating people who dared to say the delay of the filming was likely and that Steven Weintraub's intel could be trusted. Also, to @ggl007 I say this: First your sources were wrong about Christopher Nolan directing Bond 25, and now they were wrong about the date of the press conference (I hope we can all agree now that the pres conference won't be held this month or early April). It's time to find new sources!

Exactly. There are people here on this forum pretending to be insiders when they know NOTHING at all. And when others dare to say something differently, they are berated.

People claiming that Bond wouldn't film in Norway and it wouldn't be further delayed... They were wrong, wrong, wrong!!!!!

I’m seeing double now. If you know what I mean...

And by the way when did I claim to be an insider... I know people sure and occasionally they tell me things some times they don’t but insider hell I don’t even work in the entertainment industry period....

And variety which is an insider magazine says filming begins March 4th and they said that in the article talking about the April delay so is variety wrong?
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,665
    @Risico007, we’re being played, my friend. Don’t engage, let the mods do their work. In them we trust.
    Nobody is being played. Either filming will indeed start on the 4th of March, 16 days from now. Or filming has been delayed. There is no other option.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Risico007 wrote: »
    And by the way when did I claim to be an insider... I know people sure and occasionally they tell me things some times they don’t but insider hell I don’t even work in the entertainment industry period....

And variety which is an insider magazine says filming begins March 4th and they said that in the article talking about the April delay so is variety wrong?
    +1

By the way, I've just entered a poster competition for The Curse of La Llorona so thought I'd use this platform to promote my work haha. You will need an account to see the work, but here's the link: https://www.talenthouse.com/i/1550/submission/354967/444a9e9a
    Bond 25 will begin shooting on March 4 with Craig in the lead for the fifth time

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/film/news/bond-25-moved-back-april-2020-1203141557/amp/

Pancho call variety and tell them they are wrong and idiots pleae
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    Bond 25 will begin shooting on March 4 with Craig in the lead for the fifth time

Nice. Good to know :)

QQ7 wrote: »

They are the only 2 thrilled about ANOTHER delay!!!!!

I remember when someone said that they would be more CONCERNED if they pushed the release date back rather than principle photography? Oooops that has now happened!.
    TR007 wrote: »
    Star Wars will have wrapped up their new trilogy in less time than it takes for ONE new Bond film to come out.

Scary isn't it. Shocking! Positively shocking!!! Well I am now off work for a week so I am just hoping that I will wake up one morning to something OFFICIAL in a positive light?
  • EON can't seem to handle producing a Bond movie anymore. They should let some else do it. It's getting ridiculous with all the delays and anything but professional.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 19,339
    @PanchitoPistoles : PP be careful commenting on other members or u could face a warning or a ban.
    Just keep your comments neutral,people can guess who u r referring to wzout naming names.

We are all passionate about the same thing so let’s pull together in the right direction or debate wzout member attacks.

But to be fair this applies to a few members who are goading PP in order to get him banned as well,chill out peeeps.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    EON can't seem to handle producing a Bond movie anymore. They should let some else do it. It's getting ridiculous with all the delays and anything but professional.

EON produces the Bond films.
    The current production is suffering from delays.
    Ergo, EON can't seem to handle producing a Bond movie anymore.

Hmm.
    - Is someone else guaranteed to do things better?
    - Are we aware of all the variables the might cause such delays? Are they all EON's fault?
    - Is a delay a bad thing?
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    @barryt007 I haven't attacked anyone here since my return. If you disagree, feel free to quote my comment you are referring to. On the other hand people here attack me all the time. Why are you not outraged about that?

EDIT: I see now that you have edited your comment. Thank you!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Hmm.
    - Are we aware of all the variables the might cause such delays? Are they all EON's fault?

- Is someone else guaranteed to do things better? Yes. Christopher Noland and Emma Thomas.
    -Are they all EON's fault? Not all of them, but some of them definitely are.
    - Is a delay a bad thing? Not in and of itself, but a delay on top of a delay on top of an already way too long gap is definitely a bad thing.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Moving on, I am sure that filming will start in March but are we sure that title will be revealed anytime soon. It seems to be current trend to not reveal the title before the first teaser like Avengers and Star Wars have been doing.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Hmm.

- Is someone else guaranteed to do things better? Yes. Christopher Noland and Emma Thomas.

I don’t think Nolan’s remotely interested in taking over the series compared to just doing a single film. The TDK series had him produce, sure, but Warner Bros were still above him.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Denbigh wrote: »
    This reminds me so much of being in high school, people who think they know anything and everything. People who think they suddenly deserve whatever they want.

None of you know what’s going on behind the scenes, so while I understand people are going to vent which is fine, some of you need to stop acting like spoilt little children. If you really don’t like it that much, go take a break. I didn’t join this site to listen to people whinge and moan, I wanted to be a part of a community that loves this franchise as much as I do.

I understand you have an opinion, but to act like you are owed something by EoN is ridicilulous. So stop throwing your toys out of the pram, know that whether they film in March, April or bloody whenever, they’re working on it. There’s not gonna be a new Bond, they’re not gonna wait till the 60th anniversary. They don’t have to have a film out then, they can do anything else to celebrate.

And personally to @PanchitoPistoles and @Mendes4Lyfe, if you really feel that hard done by, seriously just leave for a bit because to be honest you’re both acting like spoilt children. They owe us nothing, it’s a business and they’re doing their best. So if you don’t like that...

tenor.gif?itemid=4808431

Also, I’m about to watch FRWL so if anyone needs me I’ll be enjoying my favourite franchise in the world. Big love to Barbara and Michael.

B25 will be fine. We're due for a good one.

As for this thread:

https://goo.gl/images/1js59g
    Hmm.

I don’t think Nolan’s remotely interested in taking over the series compared to just doing a single film. The TDK series had him produce, sure, but Warner Bros were still above him.
    Unfortunately, you are right. Nolan will not take over the franchise because he is very likely interested in doing only one Bond film, but you can't say he and his wife wouldn't do a better job than Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson are doing!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,009
    Hmm.

-Are they all EON's fault? Not all of them, but some of them definitely are.
    - Is a delay a bad thing? Not in and of itself, but a delay on top of a delay on top of an already way too long gap is definitely a bad thing.

giphy.gif
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Am I the only one concerned with the fact that we won’t get B26 in 2022 for the 60th?

I said this back in September and I was told "who the F cares about the anniversary?"
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Am I the only one concerned with the fact that we won’t get B26 in 2022 for the 60th?

There is no reason why it shouldn’t happen.

There's no way it's going to happen. They couldn't release B25 in 2019, let alone B26 in 2022.
    Star Wars will have wrapped up their new trilogy in less time than it takes for ONE new Bond film to come out.

With two spin offs in-between.
    The people saying "its only another few months" forget that so was the last delay. These things add up.

I don't appreciate being called names at any time, but when the production has been pushed back half a year from its original date, and I'm still being called a doomdayer, or chicken little or whatever, because I don't think the franchise I grew up loving is in the best shape... Well, its just ridiculous.

I mean, think about it. This gap is now only about 18 months shy of the one between LTK and GE, amd back then everyone was p###ed too, and justifiably. So why is a four and a half year gap perfectly fine, but six isn't? (with a pretty good reason, I might add, and not just "tiredness")

Which ever way you slice it, EON have made some bad decisions lately, not the least of which is that bloody tweet they just posted. Might as well have said "B25'll be about two months late, cheers." Even if this latest delay is just down to distribution shuffling, which is just speculation at this point, it still doesn't negate the fact that this is ON TOP OF the other delays and lengthy four year gap, which was totally planned and supposed to negate the possibility of further delays.

So yes, I will continue with my "sky is falling" stance until I hear something actually positive about the production of this film. I'm not relentlessly postive or endlessly patient. I have standards, especially for Bond which I have held high esteem for since I was a boy. If anything my standards are set HIGHER because it is Bond, not lower.

+1
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I’d prefer the franchise scaled-down. Smaller budget, smaller return, no corporate sponsorship via product placement, aimed at a more discriminate audience.

Me too.
    At this point the Some Kind of Hero guys will have to write a whole separate book about Bond 25. :))

:))
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630
    Hmm.

Unfortunately, you are right. Nolan will not take over the franchise because he is very likely interested in doing only one Bond film, but you can't say he and his wife wouldn't do a better job than Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson are doing!

Not exactly because some of the films that Nolan produced (and not directed) are massive stinkers, like Transcendence and Justice League.
    Risico007 wrote: »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/film/news/bond-25-moved-back-april-2020-1203141557/amp/

Pancho call variety and tell them they are wrong and idiots pleae

Yes, interesting. That's Variety saying shooting is still on track for March 4. So, about a solid a source as you're going to get.

We'll know soon enough.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Putting things in perspective, @PanchitoPistoles did instigate some bickering in the past, but it has to be said that others have likewise been attacking him at a pretty constant rate. It would therefore be wrong to single PP out as the "culprit" of things going sour in this thread. In fact, PP is often merely at the receiving end of attacks and not the attacker himself.

The mod team would like to ask members who flag posts or call others "trolls" and such to also take a moment to consider their own conduct. Very often, the pot is calling the kettle black.

@PanchitoPistoles is but one out of many strongly opinionated members. Strong opinions tend to clash. One can argue, one can defend one's own opinion; that's all part of the game. However, many here are taking things far too seriously, almost as if their lives depend on B25. Temper tantrums over a movie, for heaven's sake! Ah well, I suppose that's the nature of Internet forums. But rather than take things personally, I wish we could just stick to the subject in hand. It's okay to voice contradicting opinions; it's not okay to resort to attacking the voicer over his opinion.

I'm not a hypocrite. PP's opinions and mine don't always align. However, PP is still a respected member of this forum, as is everyone else, and he is allowed to tell us how he feels about things, just like everybody else. As long as minimum decent conduct can be maintained, it's okay for people to disagree with each other. People who demand that others be banned simply because they disagree with them are rarely without guilt themselves.

This is one more occasion in a long, sad list of occasions, where we politely request that discussions can resume without insinuating that the other person is an idiot, a false Bond fan, a troll. And this goes out to all members participating in this thread, not exclusively or even directly to @PanchitoPistoles !
    @barryt007 I haven't attacked anyone here since my return. If you disagree, feel free to quote my comment you are referring to. On the other hand people here attack me all the time. Why are you not outraged about that?

EDIT: I see now that you have edited your comment. Thank you!

No problem my friend.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Hmm.

Actually I can.
    Michael and Barbara have produced all the Bond films together since GE.
    Eight films in 20 years. They must be doing something right, or audiences would've given up on Bond after 1989.
    You see @PanchitoPistoles nobody is right. It's just a matter of opinion that some of us have that is different.
    I'm not sure what some of the members here want more. A new Bond film, or to get one over someone they don't know and are likely never going to meet.
    You're arguing with a stranger and expecting them to back down. Good luck.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Hmm.

Hold on am I seeing things or did you just admit nolan will not take over the franchise?!
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 15,785
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Any feel this could be the last Bond film?

To be honest about a year ago or more I'd have said I was feeling things were winding down for the series. We get less Bond films per decade and Eon seems to want breaks due to fatigue after each new film. There doesn't seem to be a drive to keep a regular schedule anymore.

In addition, when a new actor is cast, especially after a long hiatus there seems to be a necessity to re-introduce the character for newer audiences who may never have experienced a new Bond film on the big screen before. When re-introducing Bond there is also a drive to prove his relevance. Personally I wouldn't think that would be necessary if the films were coming out every 2-3 years and gradually moving along with the times.
    My feeling was perhaps Michael, Barbara and the team at Eon may not want to go through that entire process again after Craig finally leaves.

However, these days I feel more optimistic that with Universal and Annapurna involved, not to mention the return of United Artists, B25 may be so amazing the series future will be secured, with or without Craig for B26.
    I am going to take a break look it’s been fun but this thread is reminding me of what happened to me on a different bond forum in 2011 (I was run out of that forum because I believed Sam Mendes was going to direct Skyfall) and I fear history is repeating itself I may come by at some point but for now I don’t want to be a bother nor do I want anyone to bother me I would suggest closing this thread for a few days but if bariety is right we may get a ton of news in those days or maybe not..

I will say I want Bond 25 to be good I don’t care if it is released tomorrow or in 2022 I don’t care who directs produces writes or stars in it I just want it to be good

Have a good day everyone
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 565
    Putting things in perspective, @PanchitoPistoles did instigate some bickering in the past, but it has to be said that others have likewise been attacking him at a pretty constant rate. It would therefore be wrong to single PP out as the "culprit" of things going sour in this thread. In fact, PP is often merely at the receiving end of attacks and not the attacker himself.

The mod team would like to ask members who flag posts or call others "trolls" and such to also take a moment to consider their own conduct. Very often, the pot is calling the kettle black.

@PanchitoPistoles is but one out of many strongly opinionated members. Strong opinions tend to clash. One can argue, one can defend one's own opinion; that's all part of the game. However, many here are taking things far too seriously, almost as if their lives depend on B25. Temper tantrums over a movie, for heaven's sake! Ah well, I suppose that's the nature of Internet forums. But rather than take things personally, I wish we could just stick to the subject in hand. It's okay to voice contradicting opinions; it's not okay to resort to attacking the voicer over his opinion.

I'm not a hypocrite. PP's opinions and mine don't always align. However, PP is still a respected member of this forum, as is everyone else, and he is allowed to tell us how he feels about things, just like everybody else. As long as minimum decent conduct can be maintained, it's okay for people to disagree with each other. People who demand that others be banned simply because they disagree with them are rarely without guilt themselves.

This is one more occasion in a long, sad list of occasions, where we politely request that discussions can resume without insinuating that the other person is an idiot, a false Bond fan, a troll. And this goes out to all members participating in this thread, not exclusively or even directly to @PanchitoPistoles !
    As much as I disagree with many things PP has said, this was needed.
  • I am so tired of all this negativity. I am old enough to have seen all 24 films in theaters and I appreciate every one! Have I liked them all, no- but no movie series has stayed around as long as 007 and if it takes a few months longer, who cares! Remember the drought of ‘89 thru ‘95? Appreciate what we have and will continue to have moving forward. In Barb and Mike I trust.