No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

At this point the Some Kind of Hero guys will have to write a whole separate book about Bond 25. :))
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Why?
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    DarthDimi wrote: »

In any case, I prefer one quality Bond film over two or three weak films spat out in under 5 years. And if that means suffering through delays, reset expectations, meticulous planning and long periods of Internet silence, then that's all just fine by me.

Can't argue with this.

Why?
    Because otherwise it would be a 300 page long chapter. ;)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Well that doesn't seem accurate.
    Sigh... Have you heard of hyperbole as a comedic device?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Sigh... Have you heard of hyperbole as a comedic device?

I don’t think anyone at this point can tell if you’re being funny.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, in Pinewood Studios... :)

Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be in the film?
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I'm glad to see some sanity return to this thread.

In 1985, RM had squeezed out 7 Bond films in 12 years.
    In 2020, DC will have done 5 Bond films in 14 years.

The difference is considerable, and I'm not even comparing the DC years to the early SC years or the fast, energetic PB years.

But, and this is just a personal comment, I'm also seeing a consistently high level of quality in the DC Bonds amidst tough commercial competition that the early Connery Bonds, for example, were much less plagued with. They generate clout, good or even great reviews and a lot of money despite the likes of Marvel, Star Wars, FF, M:I, ... biting huge chunks out of film audiences' limited attention span. Furthermore, it has been pointed out to me by knowing members of this forum that we cannot just return to those golden days of one happy Bond family serializing its output at a constant rate. The movie business has grown far more complicated than that; there's simply too much at stake to just keep feeding us material at popular demand. EON isn't capable of doing what Marvel is doing. Even Star Wars, DC and others appear to be struggling to keep up.

I have no doubt that Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson would want nothing more than to produce one Bond film every two years. The fact that they aren't doing exactly that must mean that things have become far more complicated than that. People are screaming bloody murder but these two got 4 Brosnan films made in 7 years time. They rushed QOS into production immediately after CR. These last couple of Bonds seem cursed with setbacks of all sorts, but why would EON be the cause of that?

In any case, I prefer one quality Bond film over two or three weak films spat out in under 5 years. And if that means suffering through delays, reset expectations, meticulous planning and long periods of Internet silence, then that's all just fine by me.

Very good points. In perspective, Harry and Cubby really had it made. They didn't have to compete with too many franchises, no streaming media, no video games, no social media, home video wasn't a thing in the 60's, AND they had actual Fleming stories to base movies on. It's much harder today trying to come up with a new story with all the variations we've seen. It's why M:I: Fallout seemed so derivative to me in the trailers. As a kid, I always assumed they would move on to adapting the Gardner books, but those have remain untouched. There's a lot more pressure to come up with a cracking Bond 25 that can rise above all the distractions of 21st Century life.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    In other news, it seems we can rule out Jany Temine returning: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt5xoWmAUAs/

So, is our new costume designer Suttirat Anne Larlarb or Jenny Eagan?
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    In other news, it seems we can rule out Jany Temine returning: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt5xoWmAUAs/

So, is our new costume designer Suttirat Anne Larlarb or Jenny Eagan?

Good, we had enough of those ridiculously tight suits.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    In other news, it seems we can rule out Jany Temine returning:
    It seems Jany Temine won't return.

Broken record, much?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Denbigh wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, in Pinewood Studios... :)

Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be in the film?

Perhaps Bond , for a fourth time, will tied to a chair by the villain and tortured, during which he will quip , “what makes you think that this is my first, second , third or even fourth time?”
    In other news, it seems we can rule out Jany Temine returning:
    It seems Jany Temine won't return.

Broken record, much?
    The news is that her latest tweet reaffirms she won't return. Also, I find it very funny that you dug up my comment from 10 days ago. :))
  • RC7RC7
    Well, you know what? I'm done with Bond 25. I haven't got time for this.

Yeah, good one. Bet you’ll still post about it every day.

• Well, you know what? I'm done with Bond 25. I haven't got time for this.

Well... I'll always find time for a new James Bond movie.
    Any feel this could be the last Bond film?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Most likely not. It's too big a business. Plus, a new actor usually means renewed interest from the audience.
  • DarthDimi wrote: »
    Most likely not. It's too big a business. Plus, a new actor usually means renewed interest from the audience.

I agree with you.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    No, of course not. They’ve been through worse. They’re actually in a good enough place. It’s a question of paralax.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    No, but it does seem more and more likely this will be the Broccoli family's final Bond movie. They did not delay QOS or SP when they didn't have a good script. Now they have delayed Bond 25 twice. It seems this time it's even more important for them to deliver a great Bond film than ususal. They probably all want to leave on a high note.

• First things first: I am very much expecting an apology from @Risico007 and @peter . Not for being wrong about the filming not being delayed and the date of the press conference, but for constantly berating people who dared to say the delay of the filming was likely and that Steven Weintraub's intel could be trusted. Also, to @ggl007 I say this: First your sources were wrong about Christopher Nolan directing Bond 25, and now they were wrong about the date of the press conference (I hope we can all agree now that the pres conference won't be held this month or early April). It's time to find new sources!

Exactly. There are people here on this forum pretending to be insiders when they know NOTHING at all. And when others dare to say something differently, they are berated.

People claiming that Bond wouldn't film in Norway and it wouldn't be further delayed... They were wrong, wrong, wrong!!!!!

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    No, but it does seem more and more likely this will be the Broccoli family's final Bond movie. They did not delay QOS or SP when they didn't have a good script. Now they have delayed Bond 25 twice. It seems this time it's even more important for them to deliver a great Bond film than ususal. They probably all want to leave on a high note.
    They're not going anywhere. EoN has always been and will continue to be a family business. While they may give their respective children more to do after Bond 25, I imagine we're going to see their involvement for years to come. Plus, Barbara has so many connections within the industry, I doubt they'd let someone like her go.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I think you should take a break, before you get a cranial aneurhysm.
    How much more abuse do I have to take before certain forum members are warned? I would never tell anyone here to take a break.

Surely you must be joking.

But I know you’re not. We should open a poll on you, a democratic motion if you will. You’d be surprised, I’m sure.

You do know what Einstein said about repeating something and hoping for a different result each and every time?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Welp, this thread became insufferable again. Peace.

First things first: I am very much expecting an apology from @Risico007 and @peter . Not for being wrong about the filming not being delayed and the date of the press conference, but for constantly berating people who dared to say the delay of the filming was likely and that Steven Weintraub's intel could be trusted. Also, to @ggl007 I say this: First your sources were wrong about Christopher Nolan directing Bond 25, and now they were wrong about the date of the press conference (I hope we can all agree now that the pres conference won't be held this month or early April). It's time to find new sources!

Exactly. There are people here on this forum pretending to be insiders when they know NOTHING at all. And when others dare to say something differently, they are berated.

People claiming that Bond wouldn't film in Norway and it wouldn't be further delayed... They were wrong, wrong, wrong!!!!!

Talk to me in March...

Then we shall see who knows what
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    I would rather have broccoli family running bond films forever than any studio.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

First things first: I am very much expecting an apology from @Risico007 and @peter . Not for being wrong about the filming not being delayed and the date of the press conference, but for constantly berating people who dared to say the delay of the filming was likely and that Steven Weintraub's intel could be trusted. Also, to @ggl007 I say this: First your sources were wrong about Christopher Nolan directing Bond 25, and now they were wrong about the date of the press conference (I hope we can all agree now that the pres conference won't be held this month or early April). It's time to find new sources!

giphy.gif
    Risico007 wrote: »

Talk to me in March...

Then we shall see who knows what
    4th of March, you mean.

That is true. Go out on top. I just worry whoever they pass the series onto it will not be good.