No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited February 2019 Posts: 19,339

How the mod edit can they be arrogant enough to carry on a story arc after this duration between films .

This film will become so over-hyped it won’t be able to live up to expectations no matter how good it will be .

Tbh sod em ......I’m losing interest anyway,it’s a film
    ffs.

I will look forward to the back to back MI films instead.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,438

• edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    This was a very important move from EON because it allows us to reach 4000 posts on this thread before the film comes out. Don't you get it? It's all abou that. Nothing else matters.

;)

On a more serious note, I do hope they read our reactions at some point. I know they have people for that. Don't they know the fans are dying here? Where's the backup? We're dropping like flies here. No radio, no backup, surrounded by doubt, unarmed. lol, mustn't say the word fans, or fan servicing, sounds bad. We all must be grateful and bow and give thanks. And part of me actually defends that. The other part...well, I just wish for some positive note from them. Just, something. Anything.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited February 2019 Posts: 11,139
    Edit
    The release date for Bond 25 has changed. Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli: “We are absolutely thrilled to be releasing Bond 25 on 8 April 2020."

200.gif

Neither surprised or disappointed by this – indifferent more like. A couple of months is nothing.

Looking at the bigger picture though, this will be back-to-back films with various production "issues". Hopefully B26 will be smooth sailing – whenever that will be.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Well this delay is as disappointing as news can get. Paired with the Sandgren comment, it really does look like shooting will begin in April.

Re Universal pushing Fast and Furious back and subsequently moving Bond 25 along with it; I'd say it might've been the other way around. EON needing the extra two months and Universal were then forced to push back their other project in order to create the gap.
    Neither surprised or disappointed by this – indifferent more like. A couple of months is nothing.
    As the great @Mendes4Lyfe wrote earlier, it’s not just a couple of months. It’s a couple of months ON TOP of a couple of months ON TOP of an already way too long 4 year gap. And this time (unlike in the case of Skyfall) it’s all on EON.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Univex wrote: »
    This was a very important move from EON because it allows us to reach 4000 posts on this thread before the film comes out. Don't you get it? It's all abou that. Nothing else matters.

;)

On a more serious note, I do hope they read our reactions at some point. I know they have people for that. Don't they know the fans are dying here? Where's the backup? We're dropping like flies here. No radio, no backup, surrounded by doubt, unarmed. lol, mustn't say the word fans, or fan servicing, sounds bad. We all must be grateful and bow and give thanks. And part of me actually defends that. The other part...well, I just wish for some positive note from them. Just, something. Anything.

They've tweeted about the delay minute or two after we started discussing it here. Even though this article https://thewrap.com/james-bond-25-007-pushed-back-2020/amp/?__twitter_impression=true came out few hours before the official announcement. So maybe they really have some spies here ;)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Meanwhile, in Pinewood Studios... :)

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @PanchitoPistoles how can the distribution date, which EON has no control over be their fault.
    EON make and produce the films. They don’t distribute.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Benny wrote: »
    @PanchitoPistoles how can the distribution date, which EON has no control over be their fault.

By not being able to deliver the full product by February 2020. Than again it might have nothing to do with it.
    They absolutely have some control over the distribution date. The reason the movie won’t be released in 2019 is entirely on EON.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    edited February 2019 Posts: 292
    "What makes you think this is my first time?"

Patience draws the prize. And when all the sheets are pulled back on Bond's 25th bullet on April 8 2020 and all its cards, tricks and celebrations are finally dealt, it'll be worth the extra drinking time...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    They absolutely have some control over the distribution date. The reason the movie won’t be released in 2019 is entirely on EON.

Can you elaborate on how they "have some control" over the release date of a film with a distributor which is also responsible for a number of other franchises that also have their own release dates that need to be accommodated? Especially after the time taken to negotiate a solid distribution deal in the first place? What control do you believe they have? Are you aware of the ins and outs of the deal with Universal and what brought this decision about, or....?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Obviously we’re all aware of your feelings regarding EON @PanchitoPistoles
    Surely you realise that they’re not actually going to sell EON to Christopher Nolan because you feel they’ve let you and other fans down.
    At some point you just have to accept that this is how it is. Like it or not.
    No-one wants a delay. But this is what’s happening.
    Things could always be worse. ;)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I just keep reading that press release again, and the more I do the more annoyed it makes me. After over 3 years left in the dark, and just when it looks like things are beginning ti pick up steam, they are "thrilled" to announce that Bond 25 will be delayed again? Seriously?

Well, you know what? I'm done with Bond 25. I haven't got time for this. Unless they announce that Daniel Craig has stepped down and the film will be recast with a new Bond, I'm no longer interested in listening to more delays and excuses. Good riddance.

I can now devote my time to the appreciating the original Bond timeline (1962 - 2002) which I grew up with and still love, other Spy franchises which are running rings around Bond right now (Mission Impossible), and enjoying what the rest of cinema has to offer. I've gotten my hopes up enough times, time to move away until there is actually something worth getting exciting about. I'll await the time when there is a new actor in the role, and they actuaĺly clear out the decade worth of clutter and bring something fresh to the table.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,690
    IWell, you know what? I'm done with Bond 25. I haven't got time for this.

So you don't have time to wait 14 months for the film to be released...
    I'll await the time when there is a new actor in the role, and they actuaĺly clear out the decade worth of clutter and bring something fresh to the table.

... but you have the time to wait 3/4 years at the very least least before we even know the identity of Craig's successor, let alone having Bond 26 out in theaters?
    @CraigMooreOHMSS EON and the distributors are business partners. Sure, when it comes to the release date the final say is the distributor’s, but the notion that the distributor decides the release date without EON’s input is simply ridiculous.

@Mendes4Lyfe couldn’t agree with you more about the press release. The wording of it is simply offensive.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We never had an April release before, either. (Unless you count CR67)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Well, you know what? I'm done with Bond 25. I haven't got time for this.

What is that even supposed to mean? EON must fit your agenda?

I can't believe this unreasonable impatience. To be done with a film because it doesn't get made soon enough? Are we six years old again? Santa's not coming until next Friday and you just! . can't! . wait!?
    I can now devote my time to the appreciating the original Bond timeline (1962 - 2002) which I grew up with and still love

Are you sure the 6-year gap between LTK and GE isn't going to give you heartburn?

We're Bond fans, folks, not shareholders. Our bodies aren't glued to a timebomb that will go off if Bond 25 isn't released fast enough. Nobody's saying you have to lose sleep over what other people are brewing for us somewhere, in offices far away.

This thread is becoming the biggest joke of the forum. With almost nothing but speculation, half-truths and rumours, wishful thinking and self-fulfilling prophecies, this thread should be so easy to ignore for reasonably intelligent, grown-up people. And yet, half the time it's a war zone, a back-and-forth between folks who hardly know anything at all about the movie at this point. It's also a wailing wall for people who crave content despite the tons of good stuff already available.

I just can't believe what I'm reading here. Complaints, moans, irritations, ... and for what? For a film that hasn't even begun filming yet! This teenage girl drama stuff has to come to an end. We can talk about the production of the film all we want, but if we can't do it in a normal fashion, this thread will be locked.

Thank you.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    One announcement and this thread is like

giphy.gif
    @DarthDimi how many more delays would it take for you to say “alright, this is too much, I have had enough”?
  • manovermanover uk
    People need to clam down..this seems to be a business decision..happens all the time with marvel/DC movies.

Birdleson wrote: »
    I’d prefer the franchise scaled-down. Smaller budget, smaller return, no corporate sponsorship via product placement, aimed at a more discriminate audience; but that’s not likely to happen in my lifetime. Someday.

Maybe on a streaming service.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    @CraigMooreOHMSS EON and the distributors are business partners. Sure, when it comes to the release date the final say is the distributor’s, but the notion that the distributor decides the release date without EON’s input is simply ridiculous.

@Mendes4Lyfe couldn’t agree with you more about the press release. The wording of it is simply offensive.

There is a big difference between input and control when it comes to making business decisions. I don't doubt EON gave input, but the ultimate decision undoubtedly rested with Universal and their desire to fill a gap left by Fast 9's movement to a less competitive release slot in China in May.

But hey - this is an idea of what it would be like if Bond were owned by a bigger studio, I guess. It would be shifted around to suit not only itself, but also other properties.

@Pierce2Daniel rightly pointed out in the Box Office thread that a simple seven week push is a good thing.

Though, granted, I agree on the piss-poor press release. It's borderline flippant and is certainly one area that EON should do better. Most people don't care about them, but a paragraph or two extra would save a lot of grief without costing anything.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,530
    @DarthDimi how many more delays would it take for you to say “alright, this is too much, I have had enough”?

@PanchitoPistoles
    1) It will happen. Somewhere in 2020, maybe 2021, we will get Bond 25. It's not like we must wait another two decades.

2) Let's say it never happens, then fine. When Star Wars wrapped up a long time ago, I was fine with that. It came back eventually, and so would Bond. I'm the kind of fan who appreciates the work that has been done, not someone who is bugged by work not yet done.

3) I like to dream though, and I enjoy discussing what could happen, what I'd like to happen, and so on. But what's with this thread going bonkers over what individuals state as their hopes and wishes?
    As the great @Mendes4Lyfe wrote earlier, it’s not just a couple of months. It’s a couple of months ON TOP of a couple of months ON TOP of an already way too long 4 year gap. And this time (unlike in the case of Skyfall) it’s all on EON.

…and? After Boyle left (of which I'm hoping we'll learn more about in the future), you'd expect things to be delayed or rescheduled all the way up to – or even during production. I couldn't care less about a couple months here or there really. At all.

And this is coming from someone that has little enjoyment of the Craig era films.
    Does anyone feel that this is becoming a good time to change Bond actor ?
    Just curious .
    People are getting manhandled and manipulated by the usual pot-stirrers here.

Not that you need to, these forums are fantastic, but just for the sake of comparison, do take a look at the reactions at ajb007 and Cbn. The difference is they don't have these war mongers we have here, and they're living it calmly and reasonably. It's not the forums fault, it's said members fault, who create the foulest ambience here over and over again.

I've said it time and time again, for the sake of these boards, do something besides friendly official warnings by PM, please.

Being him the Earl of Kent or Caius, someone rotten stirs frequently the waters of this fine kingdom. Now, don't be afraid to bring out the Lear in you, dear mods. For all our sakes.

Yes and no in all honesty if the distributer wanted to in theory they could just as easily put the gun to Eon head and say no it’s cominv out this November and Eon would have to comply... I think all parties involved want the biggest bang for there buck...

That being said in all honesty if I could only choose one film between Affleck’s solo Batman film and a fifth Craig film is it wrong I Want Affleck’s solo film more... true Craig’s odd number films seem to have more universal praise but for me the last bond film I loves was Quantum of Solace with Skyfall and Spectre simply being just ok...